Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

†

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

† Empty
PostSubject: †   † Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2007 1:10 pm

I need prayer, Things are bad. If there is no change , going on is not an option.
Yes I have been on bottom like this before. I am there again. Its all gone. Its all taken from me.
I need sleep.
May the prayer warriors on this site stand strong in the faith, for I have lost mine.
Back to top Go down
DRReeves

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-07-12

† Empty
PostSubject: Re: †   † Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 3:10 am

I know this will sound crazy but this is purely selfish Jim.

Try, if you can, to look into your life as objectively as possible and you will find that you are holding yourself captive.
When we go through a season of sin it usually ends either when we recognize what we're doing or when we are confronted with facts we can not deny.
Either way, there is that carnal nature thing, and ya know, our "old man" would rather die than surrender control to Jesus.
Remember what I said about confused/conflicted emotions?

Hold onto this. That it is tearing you apart is actually a good thing. You need to "come apart". Because a very serious "part" of you has become this carnal part that needs to be seperated out and killed. And right now, that part of you is fighting for it's life.
It's gonna take some time. The deeper the sin, the harder the seperation.

You might find yourself becoming very "religious" before this is completely finished.
But we're here for ya man.
We'll be praying.
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

† Empty
PostSubject: Re: †   † Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 11:23 am

Jim, please listen carefully to David's words. There is no better way to say it - he speaks a deep truth here.

Satan will not give up your flesh without a serious fight - depression, anxiety, that sense of worthlessness - all tools of satan to destroy you while you separate from your sin and turn yourself over to God completely.

"Therefore you now have sorrow, but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you." John 16:22

"These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16.33

This last one is very important: "And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance, and perseverance, character, and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us." Romans 5:3-5

The Message has an excellent paraphrase of the first part: "There's more to come: We continue to shout our praise even when we're hemmed in with troubles, because we know how troubles can develop passionate patience in us."

Passionate patience - the steadfast and enduring state of gritting your teeth and getting through the crap because you know God is walking with you, loving you all the way, as you come to fullness with Him.

Like David said... we're here for ya and praying for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org

† Empty
PostSubject: Re: †   † Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2007 7:05 pm

Dave,
I think you hit the nail SQUARE on the head. There was a part of my life that became very Carnal. And it is the part that is being ripped out of me even though it hurts like hell.
I am in a season of sin, a sin that I know is wrong.
I look back on my life and remember a time when the sins I am commiting so freely in my life would not have even entered my head because the thought of me sinning on purpose would make me ill at my belly.
Im glad that there is those like you who can stand back at a distance and see the whole true picture and relate what you see back to me.
Thanx Dave, once again , you have said the right thing, the true thing. Thanx
Back to top Go down
DRReeves

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-07-12

† Empty
PostSubject: Re: †   † Icon_minitimeSat Jul 14, 2007 10:08 pm

We're with ya butha. You know that.

Prayin' everyday. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

† Empty