Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pastor Phil

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DRReeves

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-07-12

Pastor Phil Empty
PostSubject: Pastor Phil   Pastor Phil Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 10:50 am

Yesterday we celebrated Pastor Phil's 50th birthday and what a turn out that was. I met up with all sorts of folks from the original Sanctuary HQ at Sanctuary South Bay.
Russ & Cindy Painter even brought a copy of an old "yearbook" from '92.

This was a great time!
One of the truly amazing things to see were the children.
I brought my 3 youngest girls (DJ opted to stay home and play video games) including "little Stephanie", who was the first of the Sanctuary kids back in '85...and of course at 21 is no longer "little" at close to 6'! LOL!

Her old girlfriends, Rachel and Liah (Pastor Phil's daughters) were there of course, along with Rob & Maria Serdinsky's daughter...though the painter girls, like DJ, opted out. Sad
BTW, Kim & Maria co-hosted this thing and they did a great job!

I had an awesome time catching up with old friends as we all waxed nostaligic over the old days...Phil and I go all the way back to Whittier days when Bob was just a really groovy guys kina facilitating the dream before he felt the call to become a Sanctuary pastor (yep, long, long time ago).

I encouraged everyone to hit up the forum and stay in touch, so hopefully we'll get to hear from some of the "ol' timers" and benefit from the wisdom of their years. Wink
Back to top Go down
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

Female Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Pastor Phil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pastor Phil   Pastor Phil Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 11:57 pm

That would be awesome to see some old-time Sanctuary folks here. I never got to see what it was like during the 80's, having not been a metal listener at the time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianrockandfellowship.net
erinbabyrn

Female Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-09-09

Pastor Phil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pastor Phil   Pastor Phil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:43 am

Remind me...which one was Pastor Phil?? We used to visit the Sanctuary in Whittier and I recall the Ps' name to be Steve. Am I mistaken?? Actually, we went to the Whittier Sanctuary more than South Bay as it was closer to home. But I only remember Steve and Bob?? Maybe I need to see the yearbook too!!

Erin

PS Hope to see some old faces on Saturday at Cornerstone!!
Back to top Go down
http://kevinanderin.net
OcKen34

OcKen34

Male Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-09-18

Pastor Phil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pastor Phil   Pastor Phil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 2:06 pm

erinbabyrn wrote:
Remind me...which one was Pastor Phil?? We used to visit the Sanctuary in Whittier and I recall the Ps' name to be Steve. Am I mistaken?? Actually, we went to the Whittier Sanctuary more than South Bay as it was closer to home. But I only remember Steve and Bob?? Maybe I need to see the yearbook too!!

Erin

PS Hope to see some old faces on Saturday at Cornerstone!!

Pastor Phil was from Sanctuary SouthBay. I remember Pastor Steve (Valdez) from Whittier as I went to Sanctuary Whittier before I started going to Southbay.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ken_sheahan
DRReeves

Pastor Phil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pastor Phil   Pastor Phil Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 4:00 pm

Yeah, it's long story, but Sanctuary the church sprang out of a Bible study held by Steve Valdez at Bill & Candy Hulsey's home in Long Beach.

When Steve had a vision for a "Metal Church" Bob help him to realize that vision by getting the AOG church he was pastoring at to allow us to have our services there on Sunday afternoons between their morning and evening services.

Phil & Kim started coming right from the begin though it wouldn't be until after Bob became a Sanctuary pastor and formed the first off-shoot as Sanctuary So. Bay that Phil would feel called to enter into ministry.
He served at So. Bay as the Marriage and Family pastor.
Back to top Go down
OcKen34

OcKen34

Male Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2007-09-18

Pastor Phil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pastor Phil   Pastor Phil Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 11:03 am

DRReeves wrote:
Yeah, it's long story, but Sanctuary the church sprang out of a Bible study held by Steve Valdez at Bill & Candy Hulsey's home in Long Beach.

When Steve had a vision for a "Metal Church" Bob help him to realize that vision by getting the AOG church he was pastoring at to allow us to have our services there on Sunday afternoons between their morning and evening services.

Phil & Kim started coming right from the begin though it wouldn't be until after Bob became a Sanctuary pastor and formed the first off-shoot as Sanctuary So. Bay that Phil would feel called to enter into ministry.
He served at So. Bay as the Marriage and Family pastor.

I thought Todd Boe and his wife were the Marriage and Family pastors.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ken_sheahan
DRReeves

Pastor Phil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pastor Phil   Pastor Phil Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2007 12:27 pm

The Boe's may have been for a time.
I know they did do pre-marital counseling.

There was a small group of people who moved in and out of different rolls in the church (I moved through 3 or 4 positions myself).

Demographically Sanctuary wasn't so different from any other church in that the 80/20 rule applied.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pastor Phil Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pastor Phil   Pastor Phil Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pastor Phil
Page 1 of 1