Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

La Migra! Your Views on Immigration...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tonnenator

Tonnenator

Female Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2007-07-21

La Migra!  Your Views on Immigration... Empty
PostSubject: La Migra! Your Views on Immigration...   La Migra!  Your Views on Immigration... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 6:21 am

Okay obviously if you read my post in the Life section about Utsav, you'll figure out that I'm not crazy about people coming into this country and getting jobs where they have to communicate, without speaking the language well.

All night long we had to watch the Demonocratic I mean Democratic Laughing Debate. Whether CNN will be airing the Republican Debate, remains to be seen! All they've been talking about all night long was immigration, and immigration reform, etc, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah, believe it when I see it, Hillary, and keep your fifty dollar words to yourself and your college buddies, study especially if you want all your poor people to vote for you.

lol!

But my question is, America was originally supposed to be this melting pot of nations from around the world, and now that it is, people don't like it and it doesn't seem to be working out very well, at least not for those of us who like to communicate with others, and who enjoy our freedom.

I have been to Mexico and honestly, if I lived there, I'd be climbin' the fence to get a job here, too. I have known people in Whitehall who came here to work, and have not seen their families (as in, husbands and kids) for TEN YEARS, and they are living here working just so their family can EAT. Now, I do not blame them one bit. I would SO go to Canada so that John and Tommy could eat, if I had to, and I'd hate every minute of it, but I'd do it. No

But at the same time, I feel like if you're going to come here, you need to come here legally or be deported, and if you come here, you need to understand that you treat women like crap in your country but that doesn't fly here, stuff like that, and you need to speak our language well enough to be understood, if you're going to work.

What do you guys think?

cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://www.generationactz.com
bigjtink

bigjtink

Male Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: La Migra! Your Views on Immigration...   La Migra!  Your Views on Immigration... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 9:31 am

Here comes the Backlash...Sorry, inside joke. I am hoping when Dave gets some time he will respond to this. Ill try to get my thoughts down on it later, time permitting...
Back to top Go down
DRReeves

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: La Migra! Your Views on Immigration...   La Migra!  Your Views on Immigration... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 3:04 pm

Let's begin here.

There are two seperate issues that both of the major political parties would like you to believe are one in the same.
This is because the status quo suits them quite well and so long as the general public continues to chase it's tail nothing will ever really change.

First issue: Illegal immigration, so long as we have these laws currently on the books they need to be inforced.
The Bible explains very clearly what follows if the laws of a nation are not taken seriously and we as a nation are suffering for this.
Where does anyone even begin to think that any service, any documentation, any right or priliage should be extended to a person who doesn't belong here in the first place!
If I sneak into the movies I'm thrown out. If I sneak on the bus I'm thrown out! If I sneak on the train travel a hundred miles between this place and that I'm fined, thrown out, and its up to me to figure out how to get a ride back to where I started! I'm stranded.
See how this works. The bigger the risk I take the harder it is when I'm KICKED OUT!

Second issue: Immigration policy towards Mexico, really needs to change and everybody knows it.
We keep going round and round with "guest worker" programs and the like. And the truth is we need these "workers" as much as they need the work.
If your thinking is that by keeping them out we can reverse the "cheap labor" problem, guess again.
France has attempted various types of market isolationism. Ask them how well that's worked out.
We know why they've come. Most of them just want a chance to make a living for their families and they're willing to abide by our laws and pay thier taxes for this opportunity.

By mixing these two issues we confuse these them and the single "immigration" problem becomes far too complex to work out!
As a result nothing ever changes.

Republicans like the status quo because it maintains that cheap labor pool so American markets can remain competitive. Small and midsize businesses are able to survive without the out right slavery that other nations might exploit.

Democrats like this because that cheap labor pool is easy prey for political support. By never giving them actual citizenship they create a type of fuedal system where "illegal serfs" are beholden to their Democratic "lords" who promise them everything but equality.

The general public is told that we ought to be frightened that these "serf" will turn on us one day. That they're stealing our jobs, they are criminals and terrorist and we need someone to do something about it right now!

Thus we vote. Vote for tighter border control. Vote for "quazi-citizenship". Vote for "humane treatment". Vote for "homeland security". And they keep us chasing our tails.

Issue 1: Let the deportations begin! Mexico needs to know that we are serious. We are not a corrupt nation who doesn't even take it's own laws seriously. If it is law, we enforce the law.
I'm not suggesting there's no room for mercy. But mercy is different from "fairness". Mercy is what comes after we determine that this is the law.

Issue 2: Change the immigration policy. Many of these poor people have suffered greatly. Most of them have done nothing else wrong. The vast majority of them are not, apart from being here, criminals. By cultivating this "underground" we have created/allowed a sub-culture of crime to flourish where the children of illegals grow up with little regard for our laws and prey upon their own communities. Very sad.

Then there is the Church...are you listening Church?
Who is gonna fix Mexico? Cause fixing Mexico is really what it's all about.
These people are running from something and an invasion won't go over real well with the rest of the world.
Pouring "Aid" into Mexico isn't gonna help the people we're talking about. We need to help Mexicans to change Mexico. And that means they need hope, they need faith, they need vision, and they need to know that someone has partnered up with them to make these changes.

So...
Let's hear it.
Let's have the list of straw men and those extreme cases. Wink
Back to top Go down
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

Female Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: La Migra! Your Views on Immigration...   La Migra!  Your Views on Immigration... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 3:04 pm

Here's my take, and it's probably a bit biased, if you will...

My family grew up in Ecuador; however most of them who have come here are either employed and/or can speak the language of the country. NONE of them chose to go on welfare. I am here in the country as well, though my parents fought to get me American citizenship. I had no choice but to learn the language of the country.

If multiculturalism is a good thing, it should be done with the idea that those of us who are from another country learn about this one and can assimilate. However, it does not mean that you have to be who you are not, culturally. For my own self, I can't stand those who think they can take all the resources this country has to offer withough paying for it. It used to be when people came to America, it was for freedom. Now it is for free stuff. In order to be free, one doesn't need to be babied their whole life. Freedom comes with a price. Think about it this way. God gave us freedom, but not without a price.

That's my $0.02 at this point. If I think of anything else, I'll probably post it here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianrockandfellowship.net

PostSubject: Re: La Migra! Your Views on Immigration...   La Migra!  Your Views on Immigration... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 3:39 pm

Politically correct people please dont read this, Direct action will infuriate you.

CLOSE THE BORDERS. PULL THE SOLDIERS OUT OF IRAQ AND PUT THEM ON THE MEXICAN BORDER.
No one allowed in the USA unless theyare skilled laborors with a needed trade for the good of the USA and its peoples.Of course they must test negative for disease and have no convictions..
Put illegal aliens in prison work groups for 25 years at hard labor for ILLEGALLY entering the USA....It is a crime and needs punishment. If they are doing it to better themselves then let them come here legally with a labor skill and become Americans....English language is a prerequisite for entering the USA.
Now I know this could never happen due to the left wing commie pansies and politically correct whiner bastards that have no concept of "THE GOOD OF THE PEOPLE, NOT THE INDIVIDUAL"
Back to top Go down
DRReeves

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: La Migra! Your Views on Immigration...   La Migra!  Your Views on Immigration... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 2:23 pm

Funny that this would be in the "God" section.

Perhaps that's because we ought to be considering the issue prayfully and asking that question. You know the one...WWJD?

Rule 1. What is loving and compassionate, selfless and brings the greatest glory to God?
Rule 2. How does this square with the Bible?
(Flip them if you like, they are equally important...I perfer them this order because love disarms the "self-righteous".)

Hummmm....let's see? Our laws were put in place to protect our nation from being over run with "just anyone" and placing the lives of our citizen in danger.
And beyond that, if we are a great nation that lives by the rule of law we need to uphold our laws.

But then there are these "aliens". Not just a couple, but thousands coming here in search of sanctuary?
Does the Bible have anything, anything at all to say about this? Anyone? Anybody listening?

Hey guys...what do think is coming to Wonderland, er ah oh...I mean, America?

When everyone was certain that there would never be an actual Israel again, didn't "spiritual Israel" take up the doctrine of "Manifest Destiny", justifying the genocide of entire nations of "spirital" Cannanites? And now that we see that prophacy is literally fulfilled in the "actual" promised land has anyone apologized for stealing this country?

And while slavery wasn't really the reason for the Civil War, I think we all recognize that God heard the cries of His oppressed children, allowing the politics of men to work His will.
The most important thing to come out of the war was the end of slavery in America...and we wonder what they were thinking?

And now we stand at the top of a slippery place where we're so corrupted in our thinking that we can't take a firm stand on moral issues because we refuse to look at "other" moral issues like this one.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: La Migra! Your Views on Immigration...   La Migra!  Your Views on Immigration... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2007 10:33 pm

I finally found some people that I can agree with on this!
I think it's a travesty that people who disrespect our laws and culture (i.e. not learning the language or even trying to follow our civil laws) can come here and get all the government assistance they want, while living here illegally and not even trying to learn the language. While I had my insurance company pick and choose which "life saving procedure" was most economic. And let's not forget the elderly who are having to pick and choose which of their meds they get, or cut back on necessities of life because they need their meds.
I understand the need to support yourself and your family but to go about it the totally illegal way is such a disrespect to everyone who comes into this country the right way. It saddens me to see how we are just handing over our country to those who aren't even legal citizens.
We have laws and procedures in place for a reason. And I tell you I am trying hard to be a good Christian woman but I swear if I hear "Press 1 for English" one more time I will scream!

Whew! You all don't know how good that felt to get all that off my chest!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: La Migra! Your Views on Immigration...   La Migra!  Your Views on Immigration... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

La Migra! Your Views on Immigration...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sanctuary International :: Intense Forums :: GOD-
Jump to: