Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prayers needed

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

Female Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Prayers needed Empty
PostSubject: Prayers needed   Prayers needed Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 3:39 pm

Even though my sister may be filing for divorce within the next few days, she still is praying for her husband's salvation, etc. Hopefully, he'll make the choice to follow Christ and turn to Him. Right now, he's in a very lost situation.

This morning, we received a phone call from her. She had bumped her head early in the morning and had to go to the emergency room. During that time, her husband received a phone call that his mother died in her sleep. We're hoping that with this turn of events, he will see his need for Christ in His life. He's really broken up about the whole turn of events.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianrockandfellowship.net
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

Prayers needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed   Prayers needed Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 4:13 pm

Definitely praying.... {{{hugs}}} to you, Lia! flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org
Nitehawk777

Nitehawk777

Number of posts : 114

Prayers needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed   Prayers needed Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 7:28 pm

Be praying Lia. Sorry to hear about Bethany and Buddy losing his mother. I'm sure the Lord will work everything out in his perfect timing.

In Christ,
Jimmy
Back to top Go down
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

Prayers needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed   Prayers needed Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 5:35 am

The gash on her forehead had healed tremendously, and it looks like it'll be going away rather soon. Still, there's a lot more that we REALLY need to pray about.

She blames herself for her husband's wayward ways. She says even though he came back and "repented," she yelled and screamed at him and well, it wasn't in a constructive way. Thus, he went back and did the same things again. Everyone is trying to tell her that repentance is a life-long process, and if the repentance is real, nothing could stop you from moving forward with God. Also, seeing that you wrong God rather than simply wronging the other spouse, He's the ultimate one you need to repent to. Her husband chose what was comfortable and continued to have the affair. He does not do well with conflict, and runs away from it. Even when his mother passed away, he wouldn't help his sisters with the funeral arrangements and didn't do anything except cry about his circumstances.

She tries to say she's just like him, but she moves forward, while he waits for something to happen. His own family says he needs to grow up. I don't understand why my sister can't see this. It becomes a major drama, and she doesn't want to let go of it.
Back to top Go down
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

Prayers needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed   Prayers needed Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 6:00 pm

My sister filed for divorce Wednesday, but it was a tough battle just to get it done. At times, she goes back and thinks things could've worked out better and she would've made the marriage work, but how can one person restore a marriage when the other refuses to grow up? It's hard for her to see that, and sometimes, she just wants to lay down and not ever wake up. We need to pray to the Lord that she can come to terms with what has happened and move forward. It'll take some time, though, so we just need to be dilligent.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Prayers needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed   Prayers needed Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 11:55 pm

I'll pray for her Lia.
Back to top Go down
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

Prayers needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed   Prayers needed Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 11:40 am

She is dealing with oppression from all sides. The enemy seems bent on doing everything he can to damage her faith, etc. She had a good victory yesterday after doing some serious spiritual battle, but now, it's Monday. After the Sunday of feeling close to God, now she's struggling.

Probably, one of the things she's really dealing with is guilt from the past that she is unable to forgive herself for. This seems to be the one thing she cannot get past. Having not been ready to forgive her husband when he came back, she got angry, and sometimes not in a constructive way. Even though she's asked for forgiveness, we KNOW God has forgiven her, but she has not made that step in forgiving herself. This seems to be the one thing that Satan wants to hold on to. Please pray that she'll get deliverance from this and she'll realize that forgiveness doesn't just mean for other people; it also means forgiving herself.
Back to top Go down
Nitehawk777

Nitehawk777

Number of posts : 114

Prayers needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed   Prayers needed Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 5:36 pm

I think we have all been there Lia at one time or another. It's not easy to look back at all the stuff we have done. I will be praying for her and also here ex. Jesus will give her the healing she needs in time. I'm really happy to know that she is walking with the Lord now. That is really awesome Smile

In Christ,
Jimmy
Back to top Go down
MikeT

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2007-07-12

Prayers needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed   Prayers needed Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 7:48 pm

Praying much for and with you guys. Keep us informed.

Peace,
Mike
Back to top Go down
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

Prayers needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed   Prayers needed Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 7:52 pm

Mom and I are going to take some serious constructive steps in order to get her to do things she's not comfortable doing. One is to go to church whether she wants to or not. Tonight, they're having a class on evangelism, but it could help her to start over.

One thing we both are trying to work on is not feeding her negative feelings of guilt and wanting to "fix" things. She had a LOT of power from the Holy Spirit but lost that when she didn't do what she was supposed to do. She doesn't understand that new Christians WILL and often DO struggle. If she didn't struggle, her life would be too easy, and God would never get the glory for it. She has a lot of beliefs that she's conjured up because she had this awesome power of the Holy Spirit right at the beginning. Some of it is really skewed thinking based only on experience. I despise Christian TV a lot for putting this idea out. She doesn't have Christian TV at home, but the idea has been there in a lot of charismatic circles. Fortunately, her church is a Free Will Baptist church. Mom and I want to help her, but sometimes, we just end up feeding the negative "I can't do this" sort of thing. It's harsh, sometimes, but it's something that really needs to be done so she doesn't have anyone to tell this to.

It's hard because we've known her for years. She's more accustomed to the negative thinking, and she's been that way since she was a little girl. If she can get to the forgiving herself, she will gain a new perspective and she will see things much more clearly than she does now. That power that helped her tell the kids how to live, have a stronger class when she's teaching will be something she'll be able to do once again. Right now, she's too focused on "fixing what was wrong" from the past. The blame-game has now been turned inward, whereas her husband turned it outward on many occasions, and it wasn't just with her, but with others. She needs to see that clearly. I will NOT be bound by these things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prayers needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers needed   Prayers needed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prayers needed
Page 1 of 1