Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!

Go down 
+4
headoverheelsforgod88
PeacethroughX
switchbladeknitter
Rastus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rastus

Rastus

Male Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2008-02-22

CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Empty
PostSubject: CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!   CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 5:01 pm

OI!

I knew that the pentagram was often associated with satanism, but i wasn't sure of anything, so i looked it up, and i found more than one reference that said it used to symbolize the 5 wounds of Jesus, but was later used to symbolize the patern of venus, as a symbol for those who worship the goddess of venus, and later inverted to symbolize the lack of respect for the holy trinity...

i got kinda off topic.
anyway, umm, i just thought it was interesting that it was originaly used to symbolze the wounds of jesus...

comments? what are your thoughts?!?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tory98
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!   CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 12:07 am

I had actually heard and read that a star was to symbolize Christ's wounds and yes I also read about the venus thing.
And I do actually recall reading that the pentagram was meant like you said it.

I know that the swastika is originally a chinese symbol of peace and Hitler liked it but he turned it around and used it.

And in our time the American Sign Language sign for I love you is the same as for a certian street gang I won't mention.

I dunno. But all this means for me is I won't be wearing any pentagrams. I was going to get a Falun Gong support sticker for my car but it had the chinese symbol that looks like a swastika on it and I live in the ghetto so my poor car would suffer and I don't know any deaf people to express love to so I guess I'm ok there.
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!   CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 10:09 am

Yes, that's exactly right. The Pentagram was originally created as a symbol to represent the five wounds of Christ. It was one of the symbols used for years by Christians, like the fish, to identify each other.

But as time marches on, things inevitably change and this is one of the most ancient, and now obscure, changes.

Here's another one for you (I know the older people on the board know this, or at least, the ones who know me well.)

The "X" in my screen name stands for Christ. The X (CHI) is the first letter of the Greek word that translats as Christos, or Christ. (Also found in the ICTHYS) It was an accepted form of abbreviation by early Christian monks and scholars. The Oxford English Dictionary documents the use of this abbreviation back to 1551AD, 50 years before the first English colonists came to America and 60 years earlier than the completion of the King James Version of the Bible. During this time period, Xian and Xianity were often used as shorthand for Christian and Christianity.

As languages do change and evolve, the original meaning was lost, and it came to seen as being disrespectable.

I have taken back its original meaning, so that those who call us Xians (who think they are disrespecting us) can be thanked for using our name in such an old and honorable way. It is a great way to witness to them, and sometimes it is fun to watch them become annoyed when I am not insulted by it!

Now, I would not suggest we try that with the pentagram - it's been taken over by satanists and wiccans for far too long to give it back its Christian respectability.

Tjhe "X" is a little easier, plus a little more fun! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org
Rastus

Rastus

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!   CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 10:24 am

haha, nice...

its also used in the 'emo' culture (which i thik is BS by the way)

like this; XxDevitio atrumxX
but with how shallow that culture is, i doubt it symbolizes anything Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!   CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 1:45 pm

The swastika (as Mr Hitler used it) was also a boyscouts of America Merit badge, A good luck charm, A symbol on jewish synagogs, an Indian symbol of life, The symbol of Unity and was even used once as a promotional keychain from Coca Cola.
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!   CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 1:47 pm

Vade Vexx wrote:
The swastika was used once as a promotional keychain from Coca Cola.

yeah! support world domination!!!!

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!   CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 1:50 pm

/agree completely cheers
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!   CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 1:53 pm

lol...thats great, could you just imagine the commercial

"world domination--better with a coke (r)"
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!   CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 3:16 pm

Peace - thanks for explaining the X in Xtian and your name. I thought it was just like, I dunno cool underground lingo or something.
So any good artists here want to make up a Christian pentagram somehing old old school close to its original design? Maybe we can start a revolution! It would be a good conversation starter too!
Vade - I actually read about the swastika and those uses too. Except the coke thing I never heard that so I googled coke swastika and up popped little coke swastika key rings!
I guess you do learn something new everyday......now if only I wouldn't keep losing my keys!
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!   CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 8:36 pm

switchbladeknitter wrote:
So any good artists here want to make up a Christian pentagram somehing old old school close to its original design?

actually, the 'original' design was excatly the same unless depicted upside down, enclosed in a circle or enclosing a goat/ram....

like this...

CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Pentagram-Patch

*edit* haha, i just realized this was a patch, kinda weeerd
Back to top Go down
headoverheelsforgod88

Female Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-02-23

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!   CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 10:31 am

ok well i know that we (as in wiccans) us it for satian..and well its all the elaments and the goddess was at the top. so yea thats all i know about it. i know how to cast a spell useing it but i dont do that any more.
Back to top Go down
VinceWylde

VinceWylde

Male Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!   CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 5:50 pm

Wonder how long before someone tries to pervert the symbol for the trinity???
Back to top Go down
http://www.thegatheringworldwide.com
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

Female Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!   CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 7:54 pm

Vince, go talk to anyone on Paltalk, and it's already been perverted. People there see Trinity as three gods rather than God in three persons. Most of these folks do this to deny that Jesus was divine, and they can't accept a divine Messiah.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianrockandfellowship.net
Rastus

Rastus

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!   CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 8:40 pm

VinceWylde wrote:

the CROSS has been violated, there is no hope now.
Back to top Go down
VinceWylde

VinceWylde

Male Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!   CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 10:05 pm

Devitio atrum wrote:
VinceWylde wrote:

the CROSS has been violated, there is no hope now.

Man some demons and some folks are gonna get smoked hardcore.... It's becoming obvious that God would HAVE to step in or we would just annihilate ourselves because of our corrupt nature....
Back to top Go down
http://www.thegatheringworldwide.com
Rastus

Rastus

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!   CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 7:52 am

exactly...its in human nature for us to destroy ourselves, or, thats my opinion at least, anytime humans are in control of themselves, or one another, everything falls apart!

look at every great civilization that has existed, it always ends one way or another, and often i wonder; is this because humans try to continue thier existance without God? Or perhaps because humans attempt to dictate how others exist, trying to play God....
confused
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!   CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:20 am

The way I understand it we die as a civilization because we openly allow the enemy to be free within our society. We trust..We adapt to them....We adopt THEIR ways...we live to please THEM, we bend our rules to fit theirs, we lower our morals to fit THEIR perversion they assimilate us and we die, the purity is gone thus we have no roots and we are turned into the criminal. The good of all is throwed away for the comfort of the few, the good of the 'WE' is crushed by the comfort of the I. What is good is turned into a sin. Good is called bad, bad is called good, our backbone is broken....it turns to chaos. THEN WE DIE.
There is still some holding to the truth. There is still some out there that WILL NOT BEND. We are out there.
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!   CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 3:34 pm

lol!

your new avvy rocks Vade....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!   CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 3:56 pm

well, the new avitar kinda looks more like me now....im sort of letting myself go....Until I hit 250 lbs I dont shave my head or face.... The rest well, just some things that fascinate me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!   CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 5:41 pm

haha, i just liked the chainsaw Razz
Back to top Go down
O.H.M.S

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-02-08

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!   CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:14 am

So does anyone see a problem with using a pentagram as a symbol of Christianity in this day and age? If the inverted pentagram is a symbol of Satan surely we could still use the upright one as a symbol of our Lord Christ? We could all heark back to medieval times...how cool would that be...
Back to top Go down
Fragile

Fragile

Male Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!   CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:37 am

CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Rp
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Fragile

Fragile

Male Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!   CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:38 am

Repent, repent!

CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Repent10
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
O.H.M.S

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-02-08

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!   CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:27 pm

Lol so are these pictures pro-pentagram? I actually really like the symbol, as well as being symbolic of Christ it's a symbol of being connected to mother earth. And as far as I know the only "sinister" pentagram is the symbol of Baphomet (inverted pentagram with goats head in the middle)...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!   CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHRISTIAN pentagram?!?!
Page 1 of 1