Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Why

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PeacethroughX

avatar

Female Number of posts : 585
Age : 62
Location : Charlotte, NC
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Why   Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:17 pm

Devitio Atrum wrote:
standard?

i think not calling people satanists should be one.

i dont mind takin some insults....but when my people start getting trashed for no reason....

I'm talking about an agreed standard of authority, such as using God's Word only or using additional writings along with God's Word, etc.

What you are talking about is not unreasonable, though I think that part has passed. Nobody should take any insults. We just have to remember to let it go and not bring it up again.

C'mon, I bet we can.... sunny ... WITHOUT converting anyone to anything except Christianity. LOL

_________________
"Who among the gods is like you, O LORD ?
Who is like you—
majestic in holiness,
awesome in glory,
working wonders?"
Exodus 15:11

http://www.achurchforthecity.org

"I don't reject your Christ, I love your Christ. It's just that so many of you Christians are so unlike your Christ." Mahatma Ghandi
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.achurchforthecity.org
Rastus

avatar

Male Number of posts : 876
Age : 24
Location : haven't seen a sign for miles
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Why   Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:20 pm

OH!
well then, i'd have to say our words should be based on God's word alone.


LOL.
agreed on the christianity bit.
im a firm believer in the catholic faith, but im not out to convert people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/tory98
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Why   Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:28 pm

The Changeling wrote:
All of you should convert to Catholicism, then we will have a standard by wich we all can agree upon! flower
For interests sake, did you know that there was two main churches during Nazi Germanys short reign. The evangelistic or prodistant church and the holy catholic church.. I am reading how even the Fuhrer himself dictated a mandate that the two churches should be UNITED under Jesus Christ for the common spiritual good of the people. So I see no reason that this could not take place here in America. It was even forbidden to "slam" either church by secularists OR the oposite church.....
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I would also like to touch on the term NAZI....That is simply short for National Socialist, my political belief..Many hear Nazi and think instantly of the person goosetepping around the yard with stiff arm salutes LOL... Just wanted to clear that up for everyone, so this was not aimed at you Mark, just convienient to post here.

Albeit I should accept chiding for my political party choice as I have in the past opened my mouth too wide against both Democrates and Republicans. And for that I apologize.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

avatar

Female Number of posts : 804
Age : 40
Location : here I am!
Age : 29 and holding!!
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Why   Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:14 pm

the whole point of this forum IAN is that we are all here because we either believe in Christ or accept that this is a place where we try to become better people in/for/because of Christ
We are all at different levels of our spiritual journey but we all keep coming back here because we want to be better people.
Jim is a good person and I like Victor's Gacy avitar.
I got all y'all's back though. I am having a very very hard time with my anger lately so please lets not have me get crazy on anyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gwalchmai

avatar

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Why   Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:02 pm

The Changeling wrote:
I'm not going to get in a flame war w/Jim again, I promised not to do that when I came back here, but calling one's self a christian nazi seems synonomous w/calling one's self a christian hedonist, or a christian pornagrapher, it's a dichotomy, these ideas are antithetical.

Of course, you are correct. BUT the actual point here is that we don't need to berate those with whom we disagree. It's called tact. And that is the point. Confronting one another in love. It's part of our responsibility as believers (for those of us that are). 2 Corinthians 5:17-21.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.frostlikeashes.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Why   Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:00 am

Self-retraction.

Ian


Last edited by Ian on Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Why   Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:51 am

The abuse of a philosophy does not negate it's authenticity, if your balking at a commitment to Christ do to the hypocrisy of some of His followers, you'll never have a shortage of them! This is not to excuse those of us who call ourselves christians who have played the hypocrite, indeed, the name of the Lord has been blasphemed among the pagans because of us! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

avatar

Female Number of posts : 804
Age : 40
Location : here I am!
Age : 29 and holding!!
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Why   Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:56 pm

OK so I was a little harsh in my speaking to you and I do aploigize. I sometimes take personal attacks (to myself and/or people I care for, and I do care about everyone here) a little more personal than I should, I am working on that.
And in my comment yes I did mean that everyone EVERYONE is at different levels of their spiritual journey. From non believers to the most holy person walking the earth (although I wouldn't have the slightest clue who that is)
I'll be the first to admit I was a very very bad girl for a long time and every day I try to be better. There was a time in my life when I would have joined a forum like this just to egg people on and mock their religion and make them question the things they believe, but things happened to me that brought me back around. I am a lot better person now that I used to be, no one is anywhere near where they should be but it's because we are imperfect beings. There are some very wonderful very spirit filled people here and to pick on anyone here just isn't cool.
How about judge not lest ye be judged?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Why   Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:20 pm

AND the nazi ISNT a satanist. LOL. Laughing
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

avatar

Female Number of posts : 585
Age : 62
Location : Charlotte, NC
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Why   Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:11 pm

As Christians, our behaviour to the outside world is watched carefully. Sadly, we continue to fall short of viewpoints chosen by the world to judge Christians. Happily, the Father has a different standard by which He judges us - the condition of our heart.

Yet if our heart is truly yielded to Jesus, our actions will portray His love, mercy, and grace. Our standard was set in scripture and where we CANNOT fail as Christians is in how we treat normal people. Yes, "normal" is the word I use because we, as Christians, are a peculiar people. Wink

If our hearts are full of love and mercy, our actions will follow. It is that simple.

Yes, we will screw up and blow it at times, but a yielded heart will recognize that... eventually... and repent. The length of time to recognition and repentance varies with each person as we grow in Christ.

And that is where we, as a board family, come in to help each other, encourage each other, and even gently correct each other.

flower

And if you don't like it... you can bite my tookas. Razz

_________________
"Who among the gods is like you, O LORD ?
Who is like you—
majestic in holiness,
awesome in glory,
working wonders?"
Exodus 15:11

http://www.achurchforthecity.org

"I don't reject your Christ, I love your Christ. It's just that so many of you Christians are so unlike your Christ." Mahatma Ghandi
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.achurchforthecity.org
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Why   Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:25 am

[quote="Ian"]
Quote :
I pointed out that the oddity of seeing a person representing a serial killer consoling a self-described Nazi on the Sanctuary board. Certainly that might not be something I would expect to encounter on a "Christian" message board.
Ian
Hmmm lets take this a step further as "I" see it....I find it totally strange that I would find a SELF-CONFESSED NON-CHRISTIAN on a Christian site judging the hearts of self-professed Christians.
What makes me unworthy to be here (as you deem me not a christian) ,but yet deems you worthy ( a NON CHRISTIAN) to be here yourself ?

Personally I find no problem with a non Christian being here, in fact I find that a most exciting thing, also most beneficial to the Non Christian.

[quote="Ian"]
Quote :
Would Jesus smile upon having one's hero as an insane copropheliac occultist who killed millions upon millions of people?
He was neither insane or a murderer of millions of people. Your facts is based on a lie. But I welcome your input nonetheless. It shows me that you do have an inkling of right and wrong albeit you are wrong on your assumptions here. You seem to be a very moral young man. That is a good start. Please stick around and just ignore those that you disagree with and watch the wisdom of the moderators and some of the posters on here. You will be amazed at what you will learn and see in these strange folk known as Christians.
God Bless you richly as you learn.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Why   Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:51 am

So Hitler was not responsible for all those deaths, not to mention the oppression and torture of countless others? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Why   Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:57 am

History and TRUTH is re-written by the victors in armed conflict...so, Nope, I dont believe six million died, But my political views are not on trial here, in fact I am trying hard to seperate my political beliefs from this site to promote a bit more harmony unto those of us that loves to shoot our mouths off. Laughing But no Mark, I do not believe the stories,but that is neither here nor there.


Last edited by Captain Henry on Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hit the send button too soon)
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Why   Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:19 am

Actually, it is here, rather than there, what is "the truth" that you have been enlightened to?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Why   Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:22 am

Please Mark, Lets not discuss it. I really dont want to debate my beliefs with anyone, I am just content in believing the way I do and believing it is the truth. I will however say that I do not believe any media that is headed by certain people here in America.
Maybe some other time we can freely discuss it, but please not right now, ok...
Thank you dude.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Why   Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:28 am

That's fine, I was just refering to your first post in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Why   Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:33 am

Yea, way back then I probably was not in a very hospitibal mood....I think we can both understand how sometimes drink clouds the mind and makes us say and do things we are not really proud of.. Im one of those that speaks and then later wishes he would have just kept his feelings to himself.
Back to top Go down
LadyRocker

avatar

Female Number of posts : 305
Age : 47
Location : Visalia CA
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Why   Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:33 am

Captain Henry wrote:
Please Mark, Lets not discuss it. I really dont want to debate my beliefs with anyone, I am just content in believing the way I do and believing it is the truth. I will however say that I do not believe any media that is headed by certain people here in America.
Maybe some other time we can freely discuss it, but please not right now, ok...
Thank you dude.

Dude, you change your nicks as many times as I change my T-shirts. Razz

Seriously, Jim, you continue to live in ignorance in all of this, history will most-likely supercede you. I suggest you go to see the move "Expelled." If nothing else, for your own knowledge and understanding.

Also, bear in mind a few things. When the Bible says, "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge," I believe God knew what He was talking about when he dictated this to the prophet Isaiah. Without proper knowledge and understanding, you have to face the fact that there are people who are just plain evil and sick. Your wanting to be content with what you believe is not compatible with any form of Scripture. In fact, it's totally against it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.christianrockandfellowship.net
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Why   Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:53 am

Lia, I really cannot discuss this...what you see as truth and what me and my crowd see as truth are seperate things. History is re written by the victors...thats all I can say.
But if you wish to continue considering me out of touch or wrong , please do if it makes you feel better and takes the focus off of my beliefs. They are mine and not privy to the public any more.
Yea i change my nic alot, I guess it all goes with what I am trying to do in my life....Right now I am trying to just seperate any bit of my political and historical belief from this site. There is so many good threads that say what people want to hear, no more time needs to be wasted on what I believe.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Why   Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:01 pm

My apologies to Jim & company. My graceless debating was out of line. I will prove myself a worthy adversary and a convincing arguer once my brain has adjusted to two kids instead of one.

Cheers,

Ian
Back to top Go down
Rastus

avatar

Male Number of posts : 876
Age : 24
Location : haven't seen a sign for miles
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Why   Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:18 pm

this is so off topic.....but i really need a new name..doesnt match me avvy and it pretty much just sucks.

but yeah, let's b nice..i like nice people.....mean people suck...i disagree with some of you, but i think as christians we can get along and such......

just like..let's do a group hug. can we do that? cuz hugs r good.
even tho theyre kinda gay....im ok with that.
i hugged my friend tonight..cuz we both passed tests and such..so if i can do it in real life then its gotta b ok here!

*opens arms, prepares for the warm fuzzies*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/tory98
PeacethroughX

avatar

Female Number of posts : 585
Age : 62
Location : Charlotte, NC
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Why   Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:02 am

Quote :
*opens arms, prepares for the warm fuzzies*

**flies into Victor's arms and opens mine for others....**

_________________
"Who among the gods is like you, O LORD ?
Who is like you—
majestic in holiness,
awesome in glory,
working wonders?"
Exodus 15:11

http://www.achurchforthecity.org

"I don't reject your Christ, I love your Christ. It's just that so many of you Christians are so unlike your Christ." Mahatma Ghandi
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.achurchforthecity.org
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Why   Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:33 pm

Ian wrote:
My apologies to Jim & company. My graceless debating was out of line. I will prove myself a worthy adversary and a convincing arguer once my brain has adjusted to two kids instead of one.

Cheers,

Ian
do you have a new kid??????
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

avatar

Female Number of posts : 585
Age : 62
Location : Charlotte, NC
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Why   Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:19 pm

Captain Henry wrote:
Ian wrote:
My apologies to Jim & company. My graceless debating was out of line. I will prove myself a worthy adversary and a convincing arguer once my brain has adjusted to two kids instead of one.

Cheers,

Ian
do you have a new kid??????

Yes, he does... you even made a joke on the thread, goofy. Razz

http://sanctuary.forumotion.com/life-f1/tink-marcia-t415.htm

_________________
"Who among the gods is like you, O LORD ?
Who is like you—
majestic in holiness,
awesome in glory,
working wonders?"
Exodus 15:11

http://www.achurchforthecity.org

"I don't reject your Christ, I love your Christ. It's just that so many of you Christians are so unlike your Christ." Mahatma Ghandi
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.achurchforthecity.org
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Why   Thu May 01, 2008 12:20 pm

I did.. Shocked ....wow, I guess I need to work on the memory just a bit...... I know how I can do that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Why   

Back to top Go down
 
Why
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sanctuary International :: Intense Forums :: GOD-
Jump to: