Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another thought on grace

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

Another thought on grace Empty
PostSubject: Another thought on grace   Another thought on grace Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 11:23 am

Freedom to Do Good

Titus 3:3-8

At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.

In business terms ...

Grace was genuine, real, personal, and palpable to the great saints. Brother Lawrence, Frank Laubach, Francois Fenelon - these Christian mystics had no doubt they were the constant recipients of God's amazing grace. Grace was a practical part of their everyday life. For example, Brother Lawrence said that when he made a mistake he didn't spend any time thinking about it; he just confessed it and moved on. He reminded God that without him, to fall is natural. Before I read that, I lingered over guilt. Immediate grace was too good to be true. Brother Lawrence's experience greatly released me. Nevertheless, legalism appeals to our common sense. I find it necessary to remind myself that the very Scripture that makes me know my guilt lets me know God's grace.

By refusing grace we play God and punish ourselves. We view events as punishment. We see discipline coming when in reality it isn't discipline, it's just a consequence, but we try to read into it God's judgment. Why? Because we feel we deserve judgment rather than grace. Grace brings freedom. If we could only accept grace fully, then we could have the freedom to admit failure and move on. Since grace cannot be deserved, why should I feel others are more worthy of it than I? - Fred Smith, Sr.

A final thought:
Christ is no Moses, no exactor, no giver of laws, but a giver of grace, a Savior; he is infinite mercy and goodness, freely and bountifully given to us. - Martin Luther

This is from One Minute Business Devotionals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org

Another thought on grace
Page 1 of 1