Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who Is A Heretic?

Go down 
+2
PeacethroughX
Gesuschic
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gesuschic

Gesuschic

Female Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-04-23

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 1:50 am

So...I have a few friends who seem to look at things a bit different that I do. My intention of this thread here is NOT to start any crap. I am REALLY seriously looking for some advice.
I have friends that do not believe in the Rapture.
I have friends that don't believe in hell.

I have friends who believe dancing is a sin...
the gifts are not of today...
ect, ect, ect, ect....
I have certain people who call certain friends of mine "fakes" frauds" "heretics" you name it...MY THING IS.
WHO decides who is a heretic?
They read the same bible I read. I believe the gifts are TOTALLY of today. I am so into the belief I can lay hands on the sick and they can be healed ect, ect...My one friend, doesn't really believe that way. Is he a heretic?
I don't think so...Am I? NO WAY.
Because some may look at the bible and see something I don't see does that make them a louse who will burn in hell? I STILL do NOT think so.
I look at these certain preachers who stand up and tell the world that Jesus was not the Messiah and others who go to graves of prophets gone before them and trying to grab hold of their annointing, THOSE, to ME are heretics and nut cases.
WHERE DO YOU DRAW A LINE?
I'm so sick and tired of people in the christian community coming down on others with a different view point but BELIEVE JESUS IS THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIGHT. To ME, if one believes that, HE IS STILL A BROTHER (1st John 4:20,21) But ANYONE WHO CLAIMS He is NOT, then THEY are the enemy... Right? Who am I to tell someone they are wrong in their interpation of what the Holy Ghost has said to THEM, NOT ME!? UNLESS, it's totally going against God not being God, and Jesus not being the true way.
Serious...I've had LONG talks with my husband on this, and my pastor... But my thing is, I can't. I just CAN'T and i won't call someone a false teacher when they still proclaim Christ. JESUS...The Son Of God that is.
Anyway...That's it for now...

GESUSCHiC~
Back to top Go down

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 2:14 am

does any of those things cause a person to go to hell? Naahh, Those that dont believe the rapture or hell will find out in the end if they was right or not....Being Born again is what matters I believe.. John 3:3
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 8:57 am

According to the dictionary and historical thinking, we Protestants are the heretics! lol! Remember Martin Luther was proclaimed a heretic for "protesting" the Roman Catholic church.

As for today, "heretical thinking" can be accused to just about any denomination you disagree with. In my opinion, Christians spend waaaaaay too much time arguing over differences in faith, days and styles of worship, gifts, etc., instead of celebrating what we DO have in common!

According to the Father, our first and greatest commandment is the love the Lord, our God with all our heart, all our soul, and all our might. We are commanded to teach this diligently to our children and display it in our lives. Jesus, His Son, then added to love our neighbors as well, and proclaimed these as the WHOLE of the Law.

If this were truly on the hearts of all Christians, I do think there would be less back-biting, snapping and dissent between Christians and we would be more effective in the Great Commission to a lost and dying world.

**warning - rant starting**

Every day we are on this earth is a day closer to it ending, and there are many who STILL do not know the love of God and the sacrifice His Son, Jesus made. THAT should be our main goal, not dividing EACH OTHER with God's Word. Rightly dividing the Word of Truth is something we should take delight in learning WITH each other, not using it to justify our own beliefs against our brothers and sisters.

This is why I do not argue too many positions on the boards and strive to mediate. I personally am extremely tired, and sick to death, of being accused of "veiled words of kindness" when my heart (which, by the way, is known ONLY to myself and the Father) is completely SINCERE towards the happiness and peace of mind of my fellow Christians, no matter our backgrounds and histories together.

**rant over, climbs off soapbox now, goes off to (maybe) repent for outburst**

Last edited by PeacethroughX on Wed May 28, 2008 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org
Rastus

Rastus

Male Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 11:12 am

here we go with denomination again......
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tory98
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 11:23 am

Not we, Victor - history, definitions. "We" are simply discussing... Smile
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 11:36 am

sure, sure......
haha
none the less im stayin the bugga out of this one xD
Back to top Go down
Gesuschic

Gesuschic

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 2:50 pm

Plus Metalhead, my post has NOTHING to do with denomination. I could really care less about denomination. I'm talking pure, bonafide, in your face RELATIONSHIP with The FATHER. Sorry if you misunderstood what I was saying in my first post man...I was ranting! Wink
Back to top Go down
bigjtink

bigjtink

Male Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-05-21

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 6:19 pm

I think of heretic as meaning false teaching. In other words CLEARLY teaching something contrary to the Word of God. I too, could care less about the other issues that I call gray areas.
Back to top Go down

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:34 am

I would like to be a herectic . . . who has the sign-up sheet! Smile

Cheers,

Ian

PS--Marcia: historically speaking, Protestants were never heretics. Just because one group labels another heretical does not mean it is true. Reformation scholars now estimate that large numbers of western European Catholics believed similar things to Luther when he came out of the closet. And the personal relationship with God had been out of the closet for some time. See Geert Groote and Thomas á Kempis of the Modern Devotion.
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:40 am

Welcome back, Ian! ...and thanks, I'll look that up. (I am on a Luther kick and studying the history of how our Protestant Bible came to be so different than the original canonized Bible.)
Back to top Go down

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 9:10 am

Ian wrote:
I would like to be a herectic . . . who has the sign-up sheet! Smile

Cheers,

Ian

PS--Marcia: historically speaking, Protestants were never heretics. Just because one group labels another heretical does not mean it is true. Reformation scholars now estimate that large numbers of western European Catholics believed similar things to Luther when he came out of the closet. And the personal relationship with God had been out of the closet for some time. See Geert Groote and Thomas á Kempis of the Modern Devotion.

When was the personal relationship w/God ever in the closet? "Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our hearts have no rest 'till they rest in Thee." -- St. Agustine of Hippo
Back to top Go down

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 9:48 am

PeacethroughX wrote:
Welcome back, Ian! ...

I never left; I've just learned not to post at the ridiculous.

Smile

Cheers,

Ian
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 9:57 am

Ian wrote:
PeacethroughX wrote:
Welcome back, Ian! ...

Smile

Cheers,

Ian

You butt... Razz Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:15 am

Ian wrote:

: )

Cheers,

Ian

that's not very nice.....
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 7:07 am

Why do you think there is a smiley face after his comment, Victor? Razz
Back to top Go down

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 12:46 pm

bigjtink wrote:
I think of heretic as meaning false teaching. In other words CLEARLY teaching something contrary to the Word of God. I too, could care less about the other issues that I call gray areas.

But who determines what is CLEARLY taught as contrary to the Word of God? If there is not a "True Church" where the magisterium has been granted the athority by God to determine the correct interpratation of scripture, and to be the final athority in matters of faith and practise, is it not every man for himself? Isn't this indeed why there are so many denominations in Protestantism?
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 1:37 pm

The Changeling wrote:
bigjtink wrote:

But who determines what is CLEARLY taught as contrary to the Word of God?

For some, it is their church. For others, it may be their individual pastor or mentor, church schools, parents, or the Holy Spirit teaching them.

Quote :
If there is not a "True Church" where the magisterium has been granted the athority by God to determine the correct interpratation of scripture, and to be the final athority in matters of faith and practise, is it not every man for himself? Isn't this indeed why there are so many denominations in Protestantism?

That's exactly right, Mark. We will stand before God all by ourselves and be accountable for our beliefs, regardless of who or what taught us. No school, church, or pastor will stand in our place. That is why the final choice of belief is ours, and ours alone.

And as Martha says... "It's a good thing!" Laughing
Back to top Go down

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 6:22 pm

That's not what I ment, but I think you know that, you have a history of esogeting my posts to fit your presupositions! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 7:32 pm

You assume waaaay too much. Very Happy

And you give me way too much credit for trying to read your mind. I answered your questions and even agreed with you!
Back to top Go down

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 8:04 pm

You agreed w/what you thought I said.............heretic!
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 8:55 pm

The Changeling wrote:
....you have a history of esogeting my posts to fit your presupositions! Twisted Evil

Seriously, Mark, I have no idea what you mean by this - I don't even know what "esogeting" is, or what you mean by my "presupositions". I just answered your questions.

Granted, I am sure the first part about "if there is no true church..." was more about your belief that the Catholic Church is the "True Church", but that's YOUR belief - you want to believe that, fine - live it, love it, and enjoy it. Happy for ya! I love you

But you're not God and you are not the judge and jury of me or anyone else who does not agree with that. We are ALLOWED to believe differently and that's what I meant by the second post. I will stand before God, ALONE and without any church, school, or person, to account for my life and my beliefs. THAT is indisputable for any who claim to be a follower of Jesus, Catholic, Baptist, Pentecostal, or whatever!

Does that make more sense in answering your questions? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bigjtink

bigjtink

Male Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-05-21

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:17 pm

Well, if it looks like dog doo and smells like dog doo,,,,you get it. I dont really need help figuring it out. Not rocket science.
Back to top Go down
Gesuschic

Gesuschic

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 6:42 am

bigjtink wrote:
Well, if it looks like dog doo and smells like dog doo,,,,you get it. I dont really need help figuring it out. Not rocket science.

Fair enough....
Back to top Go down

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 4:18 pm

Wow Marcia, you are so easily offended!
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 5:37 pm

DAMMIT ALL!!
i knew it would end up like this.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Who Is A Heretic? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who Is A Heretic?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sanctuary International :: Intense Forums :: GOD-