Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what about this?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

what about this? Empty
PostSubject: what about this?   what about this? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 1:21 am

Ok here's another one for you all - would it be ok or not ok to have a tat of a cross with a banner thing kinda wrapped around it that says "only God can judge me"
or is that too much like saying "screw you and piss off - I'm a Christian"
I saw it in a magazine or on some tattoo flash site (can't remember which) just wondering and no this one I have no secretive motives I'm not into a lot of words on tats. If I live to see 65 the words will have stretched and shrunk so much no one will be able to read em.
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

what about this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what about this?   what about this? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 8:02 am

Just check your motive. Why are you choosing THAT wording over say... "God is my judge" or "God's judgment is the only judgment"? (This is rhetorical - answer YOURSELF only, not me or anyone else here.)

Pray for guidance and substance - all the tattoos you get now will have new meaning for you. Consider what you want them to represent to the world. Do you them to be invitations? Weapons? Do they speak on truth, righteousness, justice or love, mercy, grace, etc.?

If you want some ideas, there is a website devoted to Christians and their tattoos. I discovered it after I got mine and submitted mine. It is amazing!

http://www.religioustattoos.net
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org

what about this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what about this?   what about this? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 1:27 pm

Well, I think its a good idea....when someone judges you just point to the tat, then to God and smile as you walk away. We are all going to be judged in the end so why waste time doing it now.

How about one that says Judge not lest I stab you.
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

Male Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2008-02-22

what about this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what about this?   what about this? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 5:03 pm

i'd go with the stab you one....bu not wih a cross, just maybe like, a scroll with that on it.
haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tory98
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

what about this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what about this?   what about this? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 3:26 pm

This one isn't like the pot question I really really don't want this one on my body - I thought it was cool but then not so much not for me anyway. Maybe a tank top with that on it but not a tat. Then I can just use Jim's idea of pointing to my shirt and walking away.
this is what i really want :
I'm sure you all have seen this life one way death upside down (the pic isnt the best)
what about this? 1127life_death

on the front of my forearm with a cross under it so life and the right side up cross go together and vice versa

thanks for the link to that site Marcia. It will really give me some ammunition when jutifying my ink. And some great helpful ideas because another inkspot I have in mind in the crown of thorns with 3 nails and there's some nice ones there that are a great starting point.

I think I am gonna make a shirt too that says "God judges our hearts not our outsides"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

what about this? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what about this?   what about this? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what about this?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sanctuary International :: Intense Forums :: GOD-
Jump to: