Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a question for married and single...

Go down 
+2
Rastus
futuristicfolkartist
6 posters
AuthorMessage
futuristicfolkartist

Male Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-01-18

a question for married and single... Empty
PostSubject: a question for married and single...   a question for married and single... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 3:29 am

i do not belive there is ONE answer to this question, but to the married, how did you meet your mate? and to the single, how do you meet new people of the opposite sex?

here is my deal: i dont go to bars, i mean, i may go to a club to see a band, but this is not the kind of place i would go to "pick up chicks".

i have a hard time opening up in groups of people. so, i guess "singles groups" are out for me too.

i am on one or 2 personals dating sites, and i have been on a few dates from them, just nothing is clicking.

keep in mind, i was "counceled" by some one in the CCM scene 20 years ago not to date, that dating is a sin, after all. i guess this clown got off on messing with people's lives.

as a result, i didnt date for 7 years. i pretty much missed finding someone in my 20s, which would have been nice. after all that time, when i did finally go on a date again, i was a wreck, and i didnt know how to act!

anyhow, i do know that i am tired of being single. i am not a bad guy, i try to treat people how i would want to be treated, etc.

thoughts?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jamiewoody

PostSubject: Re: a question for married and single...   a question for married and single... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 7:22 am

Dating is a sin? I've heard it all now! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a question for married and single...   a question for married and single... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 3:29 pm

Pastor Bob holds the belief that dating is wrong....I dont fully understand that myself.
Back to top Go down
futuristicfolkartist

PostSubject: Re: a question for married and single...   a question for married and single... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 3:24 am

so, i guess the ones who have a hard time with crowds of people are pretty much left out?

i think people are different. some are meant to meet someone in groups, some one on one. we are not all wired the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a question for married and single...   a question for married and single... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:03 am

all i know is i took my wife from my friend....I seen her, wanted her and got her......I dated her a year and married her. I was happy till God took her home to be with him.
Back to top Go down
futuristicfolkartist

PostSubject: Re: a question for married and single...   a question for married and single... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 1:54 pm

(though i do not pretend to know what you go through), if god took her home to be with him, she is to be envied!

i hope you do not think it was because of you taking her from your friend that that happened as punishment.

sometimes, i think it would be so much easier if it was like some societies; turn 18, and for your birthday, mom and dad brings this beautiful creature into the living room, and says, "happy birthday, son!".

but, since it isn't, we have to do what we have to do.
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

Male Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: a question for married and single...   a question for married and single... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 10:13 am

first off--i think dating in the conventional term of the word is indeed wrong, and dumb, at that.

personally, i'm bad with crowds, and people in general. so why would i go looking for a date in that scenario? she'll come to me when the time is right....if you're looking for a bride the devil will give you one.

(btw guys, i'm in OK with my homie brett, so i won't be on much at all)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tory98
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

Female Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: a question for married and single...   a question for married and single... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 4:19 pm

I haven't dated in forever, at least that's how long it feels. If I did, it was intended that I would marry the person, later. That didn't happen, though.

All I can say is that I used to be more of an introvert before I started doing CRF. Then, I got more active and have been to 3 Cornerstone trips. I'd do more, but for right now, my family is having a lot of difficulty, and I need to really get my focus down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianrockandfellowship.net
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: a question for married and single...   a question for married and single... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:08 pm

I met my husband when I was out having coffee with my buddy-who was the gay guy I used to hang with. I was givin the guy across the room the eye to try to get him to come to me and my friend got all irritated and said talk to him or forget it we gotta go. So I made my move & got the digits.
Ours wasn't a relationship I'd recommend (I wasn't born again then) because a week after our first date we were living together and engaged later that year.
I went on the road with him about a year later when all in all we were married 2 years after we met.
Point of the story, as long as you leave the house I think the right girl/guy is out there waiting for you, you just have to keep your eyes open and brush your teeth and hair before you leave the house - lol

and hi to victors homie brett
Back to top Go down
Addy

Addy

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: a question for married and single...   a question for married and single... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:53 pm

If Dating is so wrong, then how do you marry someone? I was always told that dating is seeing if the person youre with is someone you want to be with? That makes no sense to me to say Dating is wrong. When I was single I tried it all, Dating sites, blind dates, etc... none of it worked.

I say Dating is essential in finding a mate. When I say Dating Im talking about without the sexual stuff, etc....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a question for married and single...   a question for married and single... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 6:37 pm

Good point .
Back to top Go down
DRReeves

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: a question for married and single...   a question for married and single... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 1:57 am

I think the issue is "dating" vs. "courting". i.e. dating with intent to marry.
The folks who are against "dating" aren't against sharing a meal, seeing a movie, etc.
What they object to is the getting alone to make out, having romantic evenings, going home together...playing the couple without the commitment.

If you're "courting" the intent is known up front. It's not about cuddles, hugs and kisses. It's about figuring out whether you're compatable for marriage.
Not that cuddles don't enter in. Just that the expectation is clearly defined and holding on to purity has a point. You can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Try this one on.
Take this person who has captured your attention to an evening service. Things go well, stop for some coffee on the way home so you can talk and get to know one another.
If you walk her to the door, don't expect to get inside, just ask if you can see her again...another service.

Discuss the whole "dating" vs. "courting" thing and see if you're on the same page. Two people who are attracted to one another and love the Lord, it's not so hard to figure out.
If she freaks. Well, do you want to be unequaily yoked?

And this is what's "wrong" with dating.
It's more than just "friends". We don't "date" our friends.
But what are the expectations?
Marriage isn't necessary on the table for dating. But intimacy is. It may or may not lead to marriage, but it most certain will lead to some sort of intimacy and most likely impurity.

You can say "it's different for me..." but those are the proverbial "famous last words" that end up on a plate set before you, your meal of crow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: a question for married and single...   a question for married and single... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 9:10 pm

I will try to put it simple as I can in my case, if I am crude forgive me, its my way...

I dated alot of girls and got alot of tail I lied, I cheated, I did what I could to get into their jeans.....I dated. THEN
I courted my wife and married her , had three children and 11 years of happyness given to me by the Allfather.
Back to top Go down
futuristicfolkartist

PostSubject: Re: a question for married and single...   a question for married and single... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 2:28 pm

i have been there too, jim. but, i do not think "getting some" is the definition of dating.

yeah, you can "date" (court, whatever) in groups, but that person will be a different person in a group setting than one on one.

i do a lot of internet personals dating (which i am sick of, but it is just hard to meet people otherwise). the unwritten law is usually to meet in an open, public place, a front parking lot, and go out to eat, get to know one another. if it progresses, then maybe go for a walk, or see a movie or something.

also, i do not see affection, holding hands, embracing, a goodnight kiss, to be sin.

since parents chose the mate for their kids in biblical times, dating/courtship (i see them as the same thing, if i say one, i mean the other), were not issues.

i think, in the church, things like dating are so micro-managed sometimes that it becomes confusing to the point where a lot of people never get together with someone.

my 20s blew by me. i didnt date, because i was told not to. a 7 year ansence from dating. when i finally went on a date again, it was basically a disaster, because i basically forgot how to be with someone one on one!

maybe we need to follow what the bible says, and not fill in the blanks. the blanks might be different for different people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a question for married and single...   a question for married and single... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a question for married and single...
Page 1 of 1