Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FOrgiving God

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

FOrgiving God Empty
PostSubject: FOrgiving God   FOrgiving God Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 6:26 pm

How does one honestly forgive God for doing something horrible to them. It was a prayer from my heart and soul, I begged and groveled and cried out to God for one thing, he let me think I was going to have this one thing then he yanked it away from me.....
Inside of me i can just see him laughing. How can I forgive god when I am so pissed at him that I want to deny his existance if only in my own life? Mad Evil or Very Mad confused albino
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

FOrgiving God Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOrgiving God   FOrgiving God Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 9:51 am

Jim, I am going to post a link to a thread from the old board: http://p219.ezboard.com/fsanctuaryinternationalfrm20.showMessage?topicID=989.topic

I am sorry you are feeling this way again, but I will say once again, that is NOT God you see laughing at you. It is NOT God who dangled something you desired in front of you and then yanked it away. It is Satan himself, disguised as a angel of light to deceive you, to make you so angry at God, that you will doubt His love and good gifts for you.

In addition, I am going to also single out something sirhemlock stated: "God is not Santa Claus; he addresses our needs as they really are, not our needs as we see them."

Until you recognize what it really happening, Jim, you will keep blaming the wrong party and be completely miserable and comfortless.

Forgive God? No.... CURSE and REBUKE Satan, and his tricks, and turn TO God to see TRUTH.

You are loved dearly....
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org

FOrgiving God Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOrgiving God   FOrgiving God Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 5:27 pm

I guess I am just too quick to blame God when something really bad like what happened to me does happen. And like you said, it was not GOD playing with me, It was satan. But I just dont understand why God would let him do this....What I wanted was something pure, innocent and good.....but perhaps I was just not meant to have it. I guess it was kinda making God into a spiritual santa clause....
Im probably just confused , or perhaps my meds are not kicking in right.... Thank you all for your prayers and wise and kind advice, It means alot to me.
Back to top Go down
sirhemlock

sirhemlock

Male Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-05-31

FOrgiving God Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOrgiving God   FOrgiving God Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 2:53 pm

Metalvikng wrote:
How does one honestly forgive God for doing something horrible to them. It was a prayer from my heart and soul, I begged and groveled and cried out to God for one thing, he let me think I was going to have this one thing then he yanked it away from me.....
Inside of me i can just see him laughing. How can I forgive god when I am so pissed at him that I want to deny his existance if only in my own life? Mad Evil or Very Mad confused albino

"The Lord was with the men of Judah. They took possession of the hill country, but they were unable to drive the people from the plains, because they had iron chariots..." (Judges 1:19).

I thought of you yesterday when I read this passage by Alvin Plantinga. I don't know if it will be meaningful in your situation, but here it is all the same:

Quote :

"As the Christian sees things, God does not stand idly by, cooly observing the suffering of His creatures. He enters into and shares our suffering. He endures the anguish of seeing His son, the second person of the Trinity, consigned to the bitterly cruel and shameful death of the cross. Some theologians claim that God cannot suffer. I believe they are wrong. God's capacity for suffering, I believe, is proportional to His greatness; it exceeds our capacity for suffering in the same measure as his capacity for knowledge exceeds ours. Christ was prepared to endure the agonies of hell itself; and God, the Lord of the universe was prepared to endure the suffering consequent upon his son's humiliation and death. He was prepared to accept this suffering in order to overcome sin, and death, and the evils that afflict our world, and to confer on us a life more glorious than we can imagine. So we don't know why God permits evil; we do know, however, that he was prepared to suffer on our behalf, to accept suffering of which we can form no conception" (Alvin Plantinga, "Self-Profile," in Alvin Plantinga, 36).

"You're never through when you fail. You're only through when you quit. Never quit. Never, never, never."
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sirhemlock1

FOrgiving God Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOrgiving God   FOrgiving God Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 11:57 am

Quote :
Subject: FOrgiving God Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:27 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess I am just too quick to blame God when something really bad like what happened to me does happen

Its human nature to think that way I think, I have been guilty of that too, and it really damaged my walk for a good number of years, what I came to reailze is that God wants best for us, I think if God does not delight in our suffering i think he weeps with us, He gave us free will and Im just speaking from my experiance here, and sometimes I had to pay the consequences of my decisions, When I started to trust in the Lord's will 100% it was then that things changed. I can't imagine my life without him now, nor can I imagine one day passing where I dont talk to him. Just the thought of it shakes me to the core.

It's not an easy step not easy at all bro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FOrgiving God Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOrgiving God   FOrgiving God Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FOrgiving God
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sanctuary International :: Intense Forums :: GOD-
Jump to: