Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stepfatherhood

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Stepfatherhood Empty
PostSubject: Stepfatherhood   Stepfatherhood Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2007 12:00 pm

As alot of you know about a year ago I got married and added 2 stepsons to my family

Being a stepdad has got to be the hardest thing ive ever undertaken. I feel alot of the times Im not a good Stepdad I want to be, I cry out to God to be, but at the same time I want to educate myself on being a better Stepdad so my question is....... Is there any good reading materials out there? Online, Book form?

Any other stepdads here who can relate?
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

Stepfatherhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stepfatherhood   Stepfatherhood Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 8:40 am

Being a steparent is so unique to each family - it is really hard because a lot truly depends on the birth parent and their attitude (respect) towards you.

We had it rough. My husband became a Christian after his divorce, when we started dating. His ex-wife made fun of it and undermined EVERYTHING we did. We went through some hard, hard times. I can honestly say in looking back, he never fell for her tricks, never lost his temper to her face, and vented only to God and a best friend - never even vented to me.

Keeping seeking God - and good reading material! Smile He'll guide you
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org

Stepfatherhood
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sanctuary International :: Intense Forums :: GOD-
Jump to: