Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rock4king

rock4king

Male Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2007-05-21

Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story Empty
PostSubject: Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story   Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 10:05 pm

I am a longtime BOC fan and a Christian. I found this interesting, I have never found them to be satanic. Comments anyone?

Backward Masking Fact or Fiction
Jacob Aranza, a young evangelist and author of Backward Masking Unmasked enlightens his readers on the subject of satanic messages, and how to find them in Rock and Roll music. Mr. Aranza states, "Rock music is laced with lyrics exalting drugs, immorality, homosexuality, violence and rebellion... It's called backward masking. Backward masking is a phrase created to describe a technique that rock groups are using to convey satanic and drug related messages to the subconscious"(1). The technique is used by someone saying something forward which intentionally means something else played backwards. Another method is to take one of the many tracks that are used in recording an album and placing a secret message mixed into the album at a very low level, yet still backwards(1). For instance, Aranza thinks the technique started with the Beatles song "Revolution Number Nine". The song repeatedly say's "number nine, number nine, number nine..."Aranza says when it is played backward it becomes "Turn me on, dead man; Turn me on, deadman..."(6). Websters Dictionary defines satanic as, "Pertaining to, or characteristic of Satan, "and Satan is defined as "The chief of the rebel angles(Lucifer) and the anthropomorphic personifications of evil, the devil"(888).

In Aranza's research, he uses respected sources for his view point, and found many to agree with him and his views. Bill Keith, United States Senator from Louisiana, asks and answers the question "Backward what? You may ask. Backward masking. Some reputable psychiatrists and psychologist are saying these satanic or drug messages can transcend the conscious and go directly to the subconscious part of a teenager"(vii). The senator also think rock stars use the technique called Backward Masking to implant their own religious and moral values into the minds of youths of this and other lands. Huntington House,Inc. Publishing Company published the book Backward Masking Unmasked, and before the first chapter there is a letter written by Huntington House stating, "The occult, witch craft, satanic worship, homosexuality, perversion and drugs are all included in the lifestyles and the music of many of today's rock groups"(v). Aranza explains why he thinks all rock bands are satanic. "Music was created by God to glorify him. Any music that does not glorify God is a perversion of what God intended. If people are using music for their own purpose, then they've stolen God's gift and are using it selfishly" (56). As liberated human beings we need to investigate into what is genuine rock music, and what can be considered Satanic messages in music. Moreover, listeners of Rock and Roll music need to counteract the negative stereotypes and assumptions which continue in the labeling of certain rock groups as satanic.

Jacob Aranza by way of illustration, uses a rock group named Blue Oyster Cult (B.O.C.) to demonstrate his views. "B.O.C. is a group that has employed a touch of the mystic, and the occult. Webester's Dictionary defines occult as: Beyond the range of normal perception, secret, mysterious esoteric. Dealing with magic, alchemy, astrology etc."(694). Aranza uses the song titles of B.O.C. songs to show why he labels them as satanic. For example he mentions,. . . " "Hot Rails To Hell, " "Harvester Of Eyes" and "The Subhuman" . . . "(71). On the surface these song titles could be considered frightening by some, but if one took the time to investigate the lyrics they would find B.O.C. accepts the hope of God rather than trying to discredit him. For example; In the song "The Subhuman", the band shows the sorrow of God when one is left to die. The passage says, "I am becalmed Lost to nothing Warm weather and Holocaust Left to die by two good friends Tears of God flow as I bleed" (6). Furthermore, in the song "Hot Rails to Hell" the band paints a gloomy picture of a person under the grip of Satan. They sing," . . . You caught me in its spell Trying to leave but you know darn well The heat from below can burn your eyes out Blackened out eyes . . . Stoned out looks from the crowd"(6). Finally, the song "Harvester of Eyes" is a story about death, but there is no mention of Satan. They say, "Harvester of Eyes that's me And I see all there is to see When I look inside your head Right up front to the back of your skull Well that's my sign that you are dead. . . I need all the peepers I can find . . . Just last week I took a ride So high on eyes I almost lost my way So if you see me walking down the street You better get out of my way and put on your eyeglasses. . ."(6).

continued here: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=35466622&blogID=299530536
Back to top Go down
http://www.intenseradio.com

PostSubject: Re: Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story   Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 10:36 pm

Yawn
Back to top Go down
rock4king

rock4king

Male Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story   Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 2:19 am

Im sure you have it all figured out Mark, but did you even read the article? It's a well thought out, well researched opinion. And oh, BTW, it was not written by a Christian... I am a huge BOC fan and I thought it was an interesting piece of history. Sorry if I bored you...

Anyone else have a comment?
Back to top Go down
http://www.intenseradio.com

PostSubject: Re: Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story   Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 8:19 am

I remember listening to a petra album....the beginning was jibberish, but when played backwards it said "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING FOR THE DEVIL FOR WHEN YOU AUGHT TO BE LOOKING FOR THE LORD" Scared the peeturkey out of me LOL.
I do however believe in backwards masking...satan aint got the cachungas to say it forward LOL.
Back to top Go down
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

Female Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story   Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2007 1:58 pm

I'm not usually worried about what is coming out backwards. There's plenty of messages forwards that are about as dangerous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianrockandfellowship.net

PostSubject: Re: Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story   Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 9:22 pm

I'll tell you why it bored me Gary, this is old hat, based on subjective research. Just as the defense attorney will find "experts" to cooberate their presupositions, I can find you just as many "experts" who will say all this backmasking is drivel!
Like that rediculous video "Hell's Bells"! Rolling Eyes

BTW, music glorifies it's Creator when it's creative, not forced messages as a tool for pseudo evangelism! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Anonymou

PostSubject: Re: Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story   Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 6:58 pm

The Changeling wrote:
I'll tell you why it bored me Gary, this is old hat, based on subjective research. Just as the defense attorney will find "experts" to cooberate their presupositions, I can find you just as many "experts" who will say all this backmasking is drivel!
Like that rediculous video "Hell's Bells"! Rolling Eyes

BTW, music glorifies it's Creator when it's creative, not forced messages as a tool for pseudo evangelism! Evil or Very Mad

Ha! You win my warpath point today. Oh, wait a second? Where am I at???

Smile

Cheers,

Ian
Back to top Go down
futuristicfolkartist

Male Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story   Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 4:31 am

i bought that book by Jacob Aranza many years ago. i learned that there are errors in it, such as alice cooper was the son of a mormon minister (in reality, he is the song of a baptist minister! duh!).

bottom line, if "christian's" would stop stupid witch hunts, stop trying to expose demons in music, etc, and start reading THEIR bible instead, they would do the world more good than the harm they are doing, making christians look stupid!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jamiewoody

PostSubject: Re: Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story   Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 6:05 pm

To comment on backwards masking in general and not so much the posted article:

I personally do not think that there is a single band out there that would purposefully want their fans to be caused ill will. Why would you want to hurt those that are keeping food on your table? But I have heard many "backwards maskings" and just like looking a cloud can be subjective so can't these "maskings". If someone looks hard enough, the devil can be found everywhere. It's all the individual's personal perception.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story   Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 6:54 pm

There is a demon in my Bologna sammich.....
when you play my sammich backwards it says dratsum, dratsum, dratsum dratsum....
but seriously , I have heard some backwards messages that either had to be electronically put there or perhaps the fallen one had some manner of input in it. Either way, Im still worried about the dratsum on my sammich pale
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story   Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 7:12 pm

If you do what the dratsum says, the dratsum will be your friend.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story   Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 8:19 pm

For some reason this thread is sounding more and more like the Deliverance (BIG D.) song , Pergatory Sandwitch with Mustard (dratsum)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story   Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 11:03 pm

Vade Vexx wrote:
There is a demon in my Bologna sammich.....
when you play my sammich backwards it says dratsum, dratsum, dratsum dratsum....
but seriously , I have heard some backwards messages that either had to be electronically put there or perhaps the fallen one had some manner of input in it. Either way, Im still worried about the dratsum on my sammich pale

He said sammich! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story   Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Backward Masking Fact or Fiction...a BOC story
Page 1 of 1