Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I lost my job

Go down 
+2
PeacethroughX
bigjtink
6 posters
AuthorMessage
bigjtink

bigjtink

Male Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-05-21

I lost my job Empty
PostSubject: I lost my job   I lost my job Icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:27 pm

It has been a very strange month for me. My boss told me 2 weeks before cornerstone that I had to cancel my vacation. An hour later I found out my sister was in the hospital with a heart problem. ( she is fine). Then about an hour after I got a call from my Dr. telling me my annual stool sample (gross, I know) had blood in it. A lot of blood. Which meant polyps or more likely colon cancer. So while all my friends were at the fest I was having 17000 feet of tube with a camera attached inserted in my nether region. I have pics but I will spare you. The proceedure was actually OK. I was out and it was over. Just polyps, which were removed and biopsied. No cancer. Nice. The night before, not so good. You take this nuclear powered laxitive. Lets just say it worked really good. I could go on I will spare you.
Anyhow, after 17 years, Saturday was my last day at work. I was going to leave anyway but not right now..lol. I am taking 2 weeks to clear my head. So I am free lance as of now. It may be a blessing in disguise though. I have every accolade, degree, certification etc that my industry offers. After 35 years in the same trade I guess it all adds up.
So I have earned 4 bills this week in about 4 hours work. Looks like I may actually best unemployment.
I was burnt out. The 60 hour weeks were killing me. Anyhow, thats why I have not been around much. I know this was long. Thanks for taking the time.
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

I lost my job Empty
PostSubject: Re: I lost my job   I lost my job Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:17 am

i am so glad you are ok! (... and that you survived your "cleaning out".) Seriously, that particular procedure can be very exhausting, both prep and test.

Will keep you in prayer on your employment and that you keep up the good freelance work - for some people, this is the best way to go. The freedom and flexibility are good for them!

Much love and big hugs... I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org
Panzer

Panzer

Male Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2008-12-06

I lost my job Empty
PostSubject: Re: I lost my job   I lost my job Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 9:43 am

dude, im sorry you went through all of that.
Back to top Go down
Nitehawk777

Nitehawk777

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2007-05-24

I lost my job Empty
PostSubject: Re: I lost my job   I lost my job Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:39 pm

Hey Tink, All I can say is wow. I thought my life was rough the last several months. I'm glad you don't have cancer. What a relief bro. The job thing has to be rough. I lost my job a while back as well. But I'm also on disability for the time being. Sorry for the rest of your troubles as well. We some times go through some firey trials as Christians. But Jesus is still our Lord and it does work out. Still were human and life can get very hard at times. I'll keep you in prayer.

C-ya bro,
Jimmy
Back to top Go down
bigjtink

bigjtink

Male Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-05-21

I lost my job Empty
PostSubject: Re: I lost my job   I lost my job Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 8:33 pm

Thanks all. I am really fine. Its gonna take more that this to knock me off. I have been working on my house. Being unemployed is hard work. But I am enjoying it.
Back to top Go down
_Wes

_Wes

Male Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-07-23

I lost my job Empty
PostSubject: Re: I lost my job   I lost my job Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 11:38 am

God is good bro! Smile

Don't relax too hard. . . gotta keep up your strength. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://StrangeLand.us
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

I lost my job Empty
PostSubject: Re: I lost my job   I lost my job Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 11:11 am

Glad to hear that your innards are all ok.
And that your staying strong and allowing God to be in control.
I do think that this unemployment could very well be a blessing in disguise.
Enjoy your time off - woohoo unexpected vacation!!!
Take the time to just chill out. Too many people work themselves right into the grave and don't take the time to enjoy this thing called life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I lost my job Empty
PostSubject: Re: I lost my job   I lost my job Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I lost my job
Page 1 of 1