Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The day the music died.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rastus

Rastus

Male Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2008-02-22

The day the music died. Empty
PostSubject: The day the music died.   The day the music died. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:25 pm

Hey people!Sorry I haven't been around. The following story will explain.'Bout a week ago I was walking through my lovely home, and caught my headphones on the arm of a chair. They died. Then! I tried to use an alternative pair and to my shock and amazement the iPod was broken as well!! All of this I was able to get over, until I carried out my plans to re-install windows on my PC...and it failed. I literally had a three day battle (one of these I spent 11 HOURS  workin on it) and finally I had to force my pc to recognize my iPod, and retrieve the music on it. Used some hackage software, backed it up, and then erased every bit of data on ALL hard drives. Freaking hardcore.Anyway--I have since been very busy. I spent all weekend at some firefighter training. Logged 16 hours. :D
Someone better reply to this.........
o.O
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tory98
Panzer

Panzer

Male Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: The day the music died.   The day the music died. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 11:18 pm

I will replly little brother...drinking a beer in your honor.
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

PostSubject: Re: The day the music died.   The day the music died. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:00 am

Panzer--propseveryone else=fail.
haha
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: The day the music died.   The day the music died. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 11:07 am

Firefighter training?! Really??
I absolutely LOVE firefighters!

huge bummer about your headphones/ipod/computer issues. Tip for your next headphone purchase - buy SkullCandy. Not only are they some of the best on the market, they look absolutely awesome AND they have a replacement policy on all items over I think $15. Look em up. I got a pair of earbuds that retails for $29.99 on sale at a place we delivered to for $19.99. Best earbuds I ever bought and I have been through quite a few pairs. This one I'm gonna be a little more careful with.

As for the hackage software - don't you just love some of the stuff people make. I am a huge fan of idump. Since my first ipod was a gift as were the songs on it, I would have been out of a ton of really good songs without it.

I hate and love totally redoing my hard drive. Great cuz your puter runs like a dream, sucks cuz you gotta get everything back to how you really like it.
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

PostSubject: Re: The day the music died.   The day the music died. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2009 5:52 pm

Quote :
skull candy
That's what I had. Skull candy is boss!! I used to rock the 30/40/50$ headphones but they're too expensive and the quality isn't as good. Funny how that works.Got the PC up and running, everything down the the recycle bin is non-standard. haha
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: The day the music died.   The day the music died. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 2:57 pm

I always went the opposite route and bought cheapie earbuds and they were so rubbish. I always saw the SkullCandy and was like oooooooh! But finally caved cuz they were on sale. I actually noticed the difference because in some of my music like oh, Type O, sometimes Peter will be saying something between verses and I always had to turn my ipod way up, but I can actually hear it now.
I absolutely hate those crap earbuds that come with the ipods, the little rubber rim thing always falls apart. My hubby got a big ol pair of headphones from the company he got his computer from, they were a consolation gift because they were taking too long to get his order out. Anyway the things retail for I think over $100 - something outrageous like that.
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

PostSubject: Re: The day the music died.   The day the music died. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2009 3:20 pm

Yeah but if you can get a good set of high-range headphones for the computer--especially if they're rechargeable and wireless, it's worth it.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: The day the music died.   The day the music died. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2009 3:36 pm

These aren't wireless but can double for gameplay there's this mic thing that hides in the ear part you can pull out when you need to. Can you tell I'm not so technology sophisticated? LOL.
It took me awhile to understand the range that it says on the box for headphone/earbuds whatever is really important.
Anyway he loves the headphones and says they make a lot of difference in the sound quality.
Back to top Go down
jamiewoody

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: The day the music died.   The day the music died. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:41 am

get a cassette deck, they are more reliable! ;-)

(just kidding!).

funny, though, how many things i miss about cassette decks. my old teac had live VU meters with NEEDLES! in my opinion, these were more accurate!

i have a teak 4-track reel to reel recorder. it is more complicated, but in some ways, i like it better than my tascam digital 8 track recorder!!!

maybe one day, i will get an ipod. i do have hours of music on my computer though!
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: The day the music died.   The day the music died. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 1:59 pm

I never wanted an ipod til I got one. Once you go Ipod you never go back. there's nothing as satisfying as carrying hundreds of songs with you in a divice you can put in you pocket. great for drowning out the world anytime,anyplace.
Back to top Go down
jamiewoody

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: The day the music died.   The day the music died. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 12:22 am

i'd love to have an ipod. i dont think it would take over though. i mean, i still love vinyl!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The day the music died.   The day the music died. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The day the music died.
Page 1 of 1