Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Grandmother is Dying

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelBlade

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2007-07-13

My Grandmother is Dying Empty
PostSubject: My Grandmother is Dying   My Grandmother is Dying Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 7:19 pm

Please pray for her. She has alzheimer's type symptoms and i think i mentioned that in the board before. Anyway,she can no longer eat or drink because i think that part of the brain is telling her that she is full even though she has not eaten in days. she's in the hospital now and they gave her an IV and giving her meds for her kidneys because the nurse said if her organs shut down,her kidneys will be the first to go and it'll be painful for her. i think it will be any day now that she'll finally pass on. she's 95. mom said she doesn't want her to go,but she knows it's time. she does not want life support,and that's good because if they prolong her life she won't be happy. anyway,just thought i'd let you know.
Back to top Go down
O.H.M.S

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-02-08

PostSubject: Re: My Grandmother is Dying   My Grandmother is Dying Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:11 am

Prayers to you, and your family sent.
Back to top Go down
SteelBlade

PostSubject: my grandma passed away   My Grandmother is Dying Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:50 am

Since i posted that message,Grandma passed away on January 10th. she was 95.
Back to top Go down
O.H.M.S

PostSubject: Re: My Grandmother is Dying   My Grandmother is Dying Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:53 am

Sorry to hear that SteelBlade. Everything going ok for you and family?
Back to top Go down
SteelBlade

PostSubject: Re: My Grandmother is Dying   My Grandmother is Dying Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:56 am

yeah i guess. She was cremated and she's going to be buried next to my Grandpa once we get the money. Hard to believe that it's been a month already.
Back to top Go down
O.H.M.S

PostSubject: Re: My Grandmother is Dying   My Grandmother is Dying Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:57 am

Yeah I know the feeling...Best wishes man.
Back to top Go down
SteelBlade

PostSubject: Re: My Grandmother is Dying   My Grandmother is Dying Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:04 am

thanks dude. By the way do i know you? just curious.
Back to top Go down
O.H.M.S

PostSubject: Re: My Grandmother is Dying   My Grandmother is Dying Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:05 am

Haha, I dont know who you are of where you come from, and I just joined the forum, so im gonna assume you dont...who are you?
Back to top Go down
SteelBlade

PostSubject: Re: My Grandmother is Dying   My Grandmother is Dying Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:17 am

i have been a regiular of this site for years. a lot of the people here know me. Paul is my name. i had a christian metal website called steel blade so that's why my name is steel blade. it had my entire database of christiann metal cassettes and cd's. i think it's still online but i have no idea what the address is anymore as i haven;t bought christian metal in years.
Back to top Go down
O.H.M.S

PostSubject: Re: My Grandmother is Dying   My Grandmother is Dying Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:21 am

Cool, like I said in another topic of mine, Ive recently found this side of things. Can you recommend any good Christian metal for me to check out? Horde and Veni Domine are up my alley but im not really familiar with the genre at the moment.
Back to top Go down
SteelBlade

PostSubject: Re: My Grandmother is Dying   My Grandmother is Dying Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:29 am

well there are metal in all catagories. in classic metal,some i liked were Stryper,Bloodgood,Whitecross,etc. i also liked X-Sinner because the band as well as the lead singer sounded exactly like ac/dc. if you like speed metal, deliverance is good. tourniquet is good if you are into thrash metal. in death metal,i live mortification,and i like vengeance rising as well,although the lead singer now is agnostic,but their classic stuff is pretty good. in punk,i like one bad pig,and lust control. doug van pelt of hm magazine was the lead singer of lust control.everyone wore ski masks. MxPx was a good christian band however they are more or less a secular band now. MxPx had a Green Day sound to them. in industrial,the nine inch nails sounding bands,circle of dust and argyle park are good industrial bands. those are some of my pics though.
Back to top Go down
O.H.M.S

PostSubject: Re: My Grandmother is Dying   My Grandmother is Dying Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:33 am

Thanks, ill check em out. Maybe you could check out my topic under this one and pray/reply there. That would be awesome, and is Steel Blade still up and running or did you close it down?
Back to top Go down
SteelBlade

PostSubject: Re: My Grandmother is Dying   My Grandmother is Dying Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 12:30 pm

if you do a search,it might show up.
Back to top Go down
Fragile

Fragile

Male Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: My Grandmother is Dying   My Grandmother is Dying Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:49 am

Veni Domine is one of my all time favorite bands! Along w/Saviour Machine/Wedding Party/Place of Skulls/Narnia/Saint/Mortification...The guitarist from VD, Torb, post at CMR on occasion, you'll find this board far more informative on christian metal.

http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
SteelBlade

PostSubject: Re: My Grandmother is Dying   My Grandmother is Dying Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:45 am

Veni Domine wasn't really a christian metal band to me. They didn't have enough oomph in their instruments. plus the lead singer was so-so. and Saviour Machine and Wedding Party was more Goth,and wasn't really metal. Narnia i have not heard,but maybe i have. Saint is awesome and so is Mortification.
Back to top Go down
Fragile

Fragile

PostSubject: Re: My Grandmother is Dying   My Grandmother is Dying Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:29 am

SteelBlade wrote:
Veni Domine wasn't really a christian metal band to me. They didn't have enough oomph in their instruments. plus the lead singer was so-so.

My Grandmother is Dying Icon_evil My Grandmother is Dying Icon_scratch My Grandmother is Dying Icon_mad My Grandmother is Dying Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
SteelBlade

PostSubject: Re: My Grandmother is Dying   My Grandmother is Dying Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:31 am

I should know dude. I had one of their albums at one time.
Back to top Go down
O.H.M.S

PostSubject: Re: My Grandmother is Dying   My Grandmother is Dying Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:56 am

SteelBlade wrote:
Veni Domine wasn't really a christian metal band to me. They didn't have enough oomph in their instruments. plus the lead singer was so-so. and Saviour Machine and Wedding Party was more Goth,and wasn't really metal. Narnia i have not heard,but maybe i have. Saint is awesome and so is Mortification.
Judging from the few songs ive heard by them its more "Christian Doom" than metal. The two are definately linked but there's a difference IMO.
Back to top Go down
SteelBlade

PostSubject: Re: My Grandmother is Dying   My Grandmother is Dying Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:23 pm

ohms,you can go on youtube and check out some of the bands i mentioned. One Bad Pig,Lust Control,Whitecross,Mortification,Vengeance Rising, even a video by Jet Circus is there. The lead singer used to be with Leviticus. their video to "Victory Dance" is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
O.H.M.S

PostSubject: Re: My Grandmother is Dying   My Grandmother is Dying Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:24 pm

Listening to Mortification right now SteelBlade, good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Fragile

Fragile

PostSubject: Re: My Grandmother is Dying   My Grandmother is Dying Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:34 pm

Veni Domine is prog/doom, and has one of the best vocalists! They actually have more elements than that from lp to lp, I just can't imagine anyone considering Fredrick a sub-par vocalist.
Back to top Go down
SteelBlade

PostSubject: Re: My Grandmother is Dying   My Grandmother is Dying Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:49 pm

not much of prog/doom fan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Grandmother is Dying   My Grandmother is Dying Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Grandmother is Dying
Page 1 of 1