Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Mental Case

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tonnenator

Tonnenator

Female Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2007-07-21

The Mental Case Empty
PostSubject: The Mental Case   The Mental Case Icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2007 3:11 am

The "Mental Case" is an old suitcase covered with signatures of kids we've ministered to and filled with fabulous prizes. As of late, it has been dwindling down to fabulous dollar store prizes, which is okay for now.

We have several young metalheads in our group. In fact I'd say most of them are. What I'm asking, is that if your band has a demo or something you want to get out there and listened to, or if you have some CD's sitting around gathering dust that you no longer want and think that some unsaved or seeker kid could get into, let me know and we can make your living space more "feng shui".

In the past, the Mental Case has been contributed to by the likes of Mark Blair Glunt from Silent Planet Promotions, and Tom Denlinger. In order to win something, kids usually have to do some sort of challenge of some sort - take a pie in the face, win at some game like a chugging contest or belching contest, something like that.

If anybody contributes, I will totally videotape the game and photograph the winner and put it on our MySpace, and on here. God bless all of ya, and if you don't have our MySpace, it's
www.myspace.com/generationactz

Love,
Tonya
Back to top Go down
http://www.generationactz.com
DRReeves

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-07-12

The Mental Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mental Case   The Mental Case Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 9:10 pm

I can probably send you a couple of items. Wink
PM me your addy again.
Back to top Go down
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

Female Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2007-07-16

The Mental Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mental Case   The Mental Case Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 3:15 pm

Sounds like the perfect game show scenario. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianrockandfellowship.net
Tonnenator

Tonnenator

Female Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2007-07-21

The Mental Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mental Case   The Mental Case Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 6:09 am

LOL the Mental Case has been with us since Calvary Chapel. Well - not THIS particular Mental Case, as the first one was blue, was from the 70's and COVERED with signatures (there were like 100 kids at Calvary Chapel) and falling apart. Not to mention once that all went down, it got chucked rather angrily in the trash. Later on though, as we cleaned out the closet at Walnut Heights, we found an old suitcase full of Sunday school papers and other *carp* lol. So the Mental Case made its re-entry into our lives. The "new" Mental Case is also covered with probably at least 50 signatures, of kids whose lives we have touched since we got back into the game of youth ministry. John just bought some cans of cocktail sausages to put in there the other day! LOL ttyl.
Back to top Go down
http://www.generationactz.com
rock4king

rock4king

Male Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2007-05-21

The Mental Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mental Case   The Mental Case Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 12:22 pm

thats awesome Tonne! Great idea!
Back to top Go down
http://www.intenseradio.com
Sponsored content

The Mental Case Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Mental Case   The Mental Case Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Mental Case
Page 1 of 1