Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition

Go down 
+3
Rastus
PeacethroughX
VinceWylde
7 posters
AuthorMessage
VinceWylde

VinceWylde

Male Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-01-27

DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition Empty
PostSubject: DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition   DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 5:29 pm

I have a friend who's mother is in the hospital with a grim prognosis with Leukemia. She has been given 1 week to live, at the most. People are mourning, my friend's mom now lies in the fetal position, terrified of the end. She accepted Christ, and I know in her heart she knows to be absent from this hell hole means to be present with the Lord, cancer free. I am very close to this family as well, and am saddened I cannot be at their side.

It begs the question: Why do Christian's mourn and not Party? Seriously, shouldn't we be ecstatic this person will go on to glory?

I mean, I know having cancer sucks, and I mean big time. It's painful and cruel as far as diseases go. However, our birth wasn't all sunshine and lollipops either. We just don't remember it.

Death is a rite of pasage, just like someone's first smoke, first drink, first love, whatever. Its the only one besides birth thats guaranteed. And for a Christ-Follower, it's not a period, but a comma. Once you get out of here, everything's gravy. So knowing that, what do we really mourn for? We shouldn't mourn for the dying follower, they've got closure already. Are we mourning for the abscence? Sure, I guess... But shouldn't we make like the Irish and throw a ripper instead celebrating that person's life and new level of glory? Makes more sense to me...

I am sad Shiela is dying, she'll be missed. I dated her Daughter, she's my son's grandmother, she was a co-worker, she was fun. But now she gets to be with Jesus! I'm actually getting jealous!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thegatheringworldwide.com
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition   DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 11:24 pm

We mourn because our flesh will ache for the loss of the loved one in our lives. We will miss them each day, talking to them, sharing with them, spending time with them.

And some of us do have wakes instead of funerals. My mom's wake was a blast, but then again, my maiden name is Jameson. We have quite the Irish heritage! sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org
VinceWylde

VinceWylde

Male Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition   DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 11:48 pm

PeacethroughX wrote:
We mourn because our flesh will ache for the loss of the loved one in our lives. We will miss them each day, talking to them, sharing with them, spending time with them.

And some of us do have wakes instead of funerals. My mom's wake was a blast, but then again, my maiden name is Jameson. We have quite the Irish heritage! sunny

Oh, I agree. However, I think people let their flesh get carried away, and then depression sets in. I am not poo-pooing mourning, but mourn because you miss, not because it's the end all...

And....

Here's to the Irish!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thegatheringworldwide.com
Rastus

Rastus

Male Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition   DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 8:00 am

here, here, lol

yeah though, i think, truthfully, when mourning for the dead it is usually just the mourners getting over it....

however i think one can mourn for other things, or even the living and i know of more than one community that prays through mourning, which makes perfect sense to ME but, most people just find it wierd
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tory98
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition   DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 7:07 pm

I met some people that celebrate at funeral times, because they know that person is going on to a better place. I mean as Christians we all believe that but sometimes its hard.
We had people close to my old group of friends pass and yeah we cried but we also drank a few to celebrate the good times and share memories. Some people have a regular party with cake and lots of laughter and joy mixed in with the tears to show you happiness that they have been freed from this world.
I like that Jim Morrison quote "Life is a dream, death is the awakening"
When I pass I want everyone to be happy for me.
Back to top Go down
bigjtink

bigjtink

Male Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition   DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:12 am

In July I lost my Mom. Although she was born a Jew she had become a strong believer in Christ. She told me a few days before she passed that she was ready to be with Jesus. My sisters were very broken up and thats understandable. But I felt an incredible peace. Of course I cried and I will damn sure miss her. but....
Any how. She left us very specific instructions.....Rule no. 1
NO FUNERAL!!!!! She wanted a party, a bbq, with purple baloons and Beatle music.
So we threw her a massive party. It rocked. I think it provided the closure same as a funeral but a lot more fun.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition   DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 9:36 pm

bigj -that's a great way to go!
I mean as saved people we shouldn't really fear or dread death and I think that if everyone that is left behind is all extra sad and crying and just extra mournful, it could scare people about death. I mean no one wants to die painfully but if you are saved then you have to know death is a transition. And maybe if you make the "funeral" more like a party and celebration maybe,just maybe it could actually be a saving tool for anyone who attends.
Back to top Go down
serena07

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-10-02

PostSubject: Re: DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition   DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:03 am

Death is inevitable and opens a new gateway to new life .Our soul is the eternal unit of our universe but the body is only the system .We must love soul rather than body as we love the induividuals rather then homes .bodies are likes where our souls live . . . . . .sympathy words really lower down the pain of one's death . . . .
Back to top Go down
Fragile

Fragile

Male Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition   DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 7:33 am

There was great mourning over the death of Stephen recorded in Acts, as well as many cases in scripture where God's people mourned over the death of a brother or sister in the faith. Death is still an enemy 'till the day it is finally destoyed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Fragile

Fragile

Male Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition   DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 7:35 am

serena07 wrote:
Death is inevitable and opens a new gateway to new life .Our soul is the eternal unit of our universe but the body is only the system .We must love soul rather than body as we love the induividuals rather then homes .bodies are likes where our souls live . . . . . .sympathy words really lower down the pain of one's death . . . .

The body will be resurrected, it is part of me, the seperation of the body and soul is temporary.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition   DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 11:30 pm

So what do you guys think - scriptually or personally - we will look like in Heaven? Like us only better? Something more beautiful than our earthly form?
Have you ever seen Shallow Hal? He could only see people like how they were on the inside so people who were
"ulgy" to the outside world he saw their inner beauty and goodness and vice versa.
I'd like to think that in Heaven our inner beauty and goodness is what comes through.
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

Male Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition   DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 2:29 pm

Heaven, in my opinion, brings eternal and complete peace.

If one is truly enlightened, and at peace, why would they care what they look like? All will be able to see the beauty in everyone, and in themselves. Beauty will become a fact of life--not a subjective opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tory98
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition   DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:13 pm

I like the sound of that.
I will be more than happy to shed myself of this earthly form and slip into something a little more comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition   DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DEATH - Not the End, But a Transition
Page 1 of 1