Forum Rules- Read Before Posting!
"And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will." 2 Timothy 2: 24-36
You are WELCOME here! Have fun!
1. Be open with who you are - We expect everyone who posts here to enable your INBOX. That allows us to be able to communicate with you and you with others if the need arises. We require you to enable your INBOX so any potential misunderstanding can be cleared up privately and not in full view of onlookers. "Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God." 2 Corinthians 4:2b Learn to be an open and transparent person. This trait will win the respect of those who watch you and listen to what you have to say.
2. Keep it pure - Sexually suggestive or blashemous topics, talk, words, pictures, links, icons, emoticons, etc. are strictly prohibited. If we see it, it will be immediately deleted. "But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people." Ephesians 5:3 No inappropriate user names, titles or thread subjects will be tolerated.
3. Keep it gentle and respectful - Personal attacks are prohibited. When you attack people verbally this shows us that your motive is wrong for being involved in the conversation. "Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near." Philippians 4:5 "to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men."Titus 3:2
4. Profanity of any kind is strictly prohibited. - There is absolutely no reason for this on this board. If you use profanity in your posts, they will be deleted immediately. "But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips."Colossians 3:8
5. Teachability vs. Proselytizing - What is your motive for posting? "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. " Philippians 2:3 Posting links or pasting long articles on teachings contrary to the Bible are prohibited. We encourage you to tell us what you believe rather than simply telling us what other religions or philosophies are saying. You may state your opinion, but remember that you are doing so on a discussion board that teaches the Bible. Please remember that you are a guest here.
6. Wisdom - Church history tells us that the body of Christ (all Christians living today - Romans 12; 1 Corinthians 12) is made up of many different points of view. The Bible teaches us that although the body of Christ is diverse we all have the same Holy Spirit (Ephesians 4: 30). Strive for unity here on this board. Agree to disagree. Let our example of love for each other be a light to those who visit here. Avoid divisive speech and attitudes of pride (Titus 3: 9-11) The Bible talks about such men who divide the body of Christ by saying: "You may be sure that such a man is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned." Titus 3:11
7. Integrity - Please do not abuse the confidentiality of people. Be a man or woman of character.
8. Excellence - God deserves our best. "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15. Please take time to review your posts before you hit the "Edit Post" button. Make sure you read it and ask God if this is really what He wants you to say. And please try to give Bible references whenever you quote the Bible. This will help people learn from what you are saying.
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." Philippians 4:8
The administrators and moderators of this board will have the final decision to delete posts if we feel it is necessary. People who continue to abuse these rules will be permanently banned.