Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A question about belief and action.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

A question about belief and action. Empty
PostSubject: A question about belief and action.   A question about belief and action. Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 12:34 pm

Here is a question for the folks on here, please think hard about your answers because it will help determine my next steps in my growth.

If I was to change my lifestyle and live it in direct agreement with the Holy Scriptures YET, dont believe all of the Holy Scriptures, would that be Heresy?

Upon honest examination of my life I reccognise that my love for my race is not wrong at all, BUT my hate for other races is horrendous in the eyes of the Lord our God.

Would it be mocking God if I followed the scriptures yet do not believe in everything they say? I still believe in statistics concerning race as true. I also see most of the bible as true....

SO...If I lived it and didnt believe it all would God be angry with me? Would it be benneficial for me in the future? Would God ACTIVLY change my mind to where I didnt believe my own eyes and statistics?

Please think hard on your answers. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: A question about belief and action.   A question about belief and action. Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:05 pm

Here's what I think Jim. Let me say that there are some things in the Bible that I know are very good reasoning and good advice but like forgiving and respecting family that I can't bring myself to follow. I know it's wrong but I can't just love them when they have caused me so muh pain.
As far as other things in the Bible, it was hard for me to be a kinder and more loving person, but when I was born-again (again) I decided to just be a kinder better person,even when it was hard for me. At first when someone disrespected me I wanted to snap and held it in and smiled sweetly instead and was kicking myself later, but now when people are rude, I just take a breath and answer them kindly. And I don't feel bad or weak afterward.
I think that humans can change ourselves. If you practice writing with your opposite hand enough you can retrain your brain and can write legibly with both hands. Or if you learn to drive stick after always driving automatic, by doing things enough it becoes second nature.
I think that God would be happy with your actions if you're doing good and by being a beacon of good you will attract more good in your life and heart.
I hope you get more answers to this,I think it's a very good question and I wouldn't want you to just take the answer of an ex-satanist/drug addict/alcoholic/party girl
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A question about belief and action.   A question about belief and action. Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:34 pm

Thank you switchblade....I too have a problem with turning the other cheek....When I was saved in 85 I did turn the other cheek....it got punched too..... Its small things like that in the bible that I find hard to believe, this is just one of them.

If I do not answer every one that posts, dont think I am ignoring it....I am studying it, trying to see the truth in each post.
Thank you all again for your input.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: A question about belief and action.   A question about belief and action. Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:45 pm

I hear ya bro. It's hard to give up old ways. You know that saying about "don't mistake kindness for weakness" I had a big problem with that one. I thought that my kindness was weakness.
you can call me by my real name here it's cool
<--- Di
I don't expect anyone to answer every post - I still don't have my own computer. I just hope that you get more insight than just my ramblings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A question about belief and action.   A question about belief and action. Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 2:10 pm

Ok, from now on your DI....or to keep it in topic DIE LOL, jk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A question about belief and action.   A question about belief and action. Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 6:58 am

Jim,

I'm not a Christian, and I do not believe everything in the Bible is true. But I can tell you this: the important thing to do in life is to keep on searching. Never be satisfied with the answers that you have. One of my favorite writers is a sixteenth-century monk named Desiderius Erasmus, who was probably one of the smartest people to ever walk this earth. Erasmus' philosophy was to always be humble; to always strive to know more and to assume that new information would change his point of view.

So if you are trying to walk the Christian path, I would advise you to listen for God. Do not assume that you have the answers, or that you know what the answers should be. Simply listen for God.

I get the feeling that deep down you are a good man, but somewhere along the way someone or something has caused you a great deal of pain. Have you dealt with that pain properly and completely? Ask God where he wants you to go and ask him to help you put things back together. I think if you listen patiently, you will find what you are looking for.

Cheers,

Ian
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A question about belief and action.   A question about belief and action. Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:34 am

Thanx ian, you are right on everything you said man....thank you.
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: A question about belief and action.   A question about belief and action. Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:38 am

Captain Henry wrote:
Here is a question for the folks on here, please think hard about your answers because it will help determine my next steps in my growth.

If I was to change my lifestyle and live it in direct agreement with the Holy Scriptures YET, dont believe all of the Holy Scriptures, would that be Heresy?

Upon honest examination of my life I reccognise that my love for my race is not wrong at all, BUT my hate for other races is horrendous in the eyes of the Lord our God.

Would it be mocking God if I followed the scriptures yet do not believe in everything they say? I still believe in statistics concerning race as true. I also see most of the bible as true....

SO...If I lived it and didnt believe it all would God be angry with me? Would it be benneficial for me in the future? Would God ACTIVLY change my mind to where I didnt believe my own eyes and statistics?

Please think hard on your answers. Thank you.

In as little as four years ago, I complained on this very board about what I believed then to be Paul's misogynistic writings. I have studied and opened myself to God to be teachable and have since discovered how rebellious and innovative Paul was for his times.

For example: while he called for slaves to submit to their masters, in the same breath, he called for masters to treat their slaves as EQUALS. Paul goes on to turn several of the current beliefs upside down. (Ephesians 5 & 6)

You are on your way to learning some deep truths.

Quote :
If I was to change my lifestyle and live it in direct agreement with the Holy Scriptures YET, dont believe all of the Holy Scriptures, would that be Heresy

No, it would NOT. Heresy is going AGAINST the scriptures, which, if I may be bold, is what you were doing before.

Quote :

This is conquering the heresy! cheers This is REAL TRUTH and I know a HUGE breakthrough for you.

Quote :

This is a life long learning process. There are things in the Old Testament that I still struggle with, but my faith and peace from Christ, show it's relative importance or unimportance in my ever growing quest for maturity in the Scriptures.

Personally, I have found that pretty much ALL stats are MAN-made, questionable at best and an absolute lie at worst. The things that concern God are your heart and I don't mean it's medical condition. **wink, wink**

God wants you in love with Him as much as He is in love with you. He wants you to share that love, through His sacrificed Son, in THOUGHT and in ACTION to others. That's His priority as I have discovered it in my studies.

Jesus backed this up with His teachings and with His ACTIONS. He even quoted Deuteronomy when asked by a lawyer what the greatest commandment was. The lawyer asked Jesus: "Which commandment is the greatest of all?" Jesus answered, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." and added, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

So that's where we start.

Quote :

No, God is NEVER angry with a true heart actively seeking. Beliefs will change as you grow in Him. Again, this is part of the life long learning.

Beneficial? Absolutely! And yes, God will be active in all aspects of your life when you start adhering to His truths regarding your brothers in Christ, and even your enemies in Christ.

Now... does this mean your anger and frustrations will go away? Well, I think you know the answer to that. Remember even I have exploded at you and others on this board publicly and privately. Our tempers do not go away, but we learn wisdom in handling ourselves and our frustrations. Hopefully, we keep moving forward in God's continuing grace and mercy.

That's WHY we have each other!

I love you

And Ian.... wonderful post!
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org

PostSubject: Re: A question about belief and action.   A question about belief and action. Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 1:17 pm

so far all the answers have been positive to me....I humbly thank all of you for the time and thought you put into these answers. They are indeed helping me allot...I'm getting views from both sides of the coin, from non Christians to wonderful Christians and everywhere in between....
I know why I always come back here, Y'all is family.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: A question about belief and action.   A question about belief and action. Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:56 am

Ian and Peace your posts made a lot of sense.
Peace your comment about anger was just what I needed to hear. That's my biggest hurdle in being what I think is a good person.
and Jim Di or Die works lol
Back to top Go down
futuristicfolkartist

Male Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: A question about belief and action.   A question about belief and action. Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:07 am

Captain Henry wrote:
Thank you switchblade....I too have a problem with turning the other cheek....When I was saved in 85 I did turn the other cheek....it got punched too..... Its small things like that in the bible that I find hard to believe, this is just one of them.

If I do not answer every one that posts, dont think I am ignoring it....I am studying it, trying to see the truth in each post.
Thank you all again for your input.

you know, the principal of turning the other cheek comes with some conditions. first of all, turn the other cheek when it comes to you. it doesnt say to turn the other cheek when it comes to your family!

also, remember, you must turn the other cheek, but you only have TWO CHEEKS!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jamiewoody
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A question about belief and action.   A question about belief and action. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A question about belief and action.
Page 1 of 1