Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who Is A Heretic?

Go down 
+2
PeacethroughX
Gesuschic
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

Who Is A Heretic? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 9:28 pm

The Changeling wrote:
Wow Marcia, you are so easily offended!

lol! Mark, you're whacked...

I am sooooo NOT offended by you. I am thrilled beyond belief for you, your re-dedication to the Christian life, and your love of your church. I love you

In re-reading my post, I can see where you might have thought that, but that is the problem with the WRITTEN word. I thought YOU were offended, calling me a heretic and all, and so I wrote to clarify, and used hearts and happy faces to show my happiness and excitement for you.

In my mind's eye, my tone was actually gentle and patiently explaining more clearly what I meant. I can see where it would be considered more forceful, but no, truly, it was not.

THERE! Smile Is that better?
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org
Rastus

Rastus

Male Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 10:54 pm

you see why i just love hippies?

i wish i could be more like that.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tory98
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:03 am

Victor, if that mind set is truly what you want, it's straight out of the Beatitudes, the fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5), Philippians 4:5-8, and Colossians 3:10-17.

Just study them, memorize them and try to start acting out on them in your life in all its variances, twists and turns. The best place to start is right there at home, interacting with your own family!

I have almost 40 years of life over you. It does not come overnight - it takes practice and work, and a decided effort to put these attributes to work in real life. flower
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 5:44 pm

ok to comment on what's all here.

I think that a heretic is someone who preaches falsehoods, there's a lot of people who will just go along with what their preacher/paster whoever says without actually reading the good book. I don't think they are necessarily heretics but I do think that if their preacher is knowingly preaching their own version of the truth then that person is a heretic
I think Marcia's avvy sums her up perfectly - she truly is a peacemaker and probably one of the most level headed people I have ever come across ( don't no one else here think I'm talking bad about them, I just picture Marcia as the one here saying "ok everyone group hug")

and as far as hippies - DANG HIPPIES!!! No I'm kidding I would love to be able to quell my anger enough to be a more peaceful and hippie-like person - minus the patchouli
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 7:24 pm

Quote :
minus the patchouli

Patchouli smells like dirt to me - yuk! Give me a nice jasmine oil anyday.... flower

And thank you, Di - you are way too kind with your words! {{{BIG HUG}}}

All the other mods here - Gary, Tink, and Dave - are incredibly patient, wise, and comforting. Each is unique in his gifting and personality, and are loving men of God. I am honored to work among them.

Of course, I may be a teeny bit biased.... I love you
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 7:47 pm

jasmine is nice - though between all the meds I'm on and just bad sinuses I haven't had a real sense of smell in months. I can half smell and half taste so I am very picky about food. But that's so not on subject!

(((hug))) back at ya!!

I love the other mods here too - but you have that woman's touch. I have a lot of respect for well spoken wisdom filled women - girl power LOL!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 8:27 pm

Seems like everytime I post I get deleted.....hmmm this is twice its happened.
Back to top Go down
Gesuschic

Gesuschic

Female Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:44 am

Get deleted how?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:57 am

I guess I overstep the boundaries and rules, but the two posts that were deleted were not bad, contained tons of smileys and even a few compliments. But its all good , I would like a detailed reason tho why my posts get deleted as I can learn more adequately what is tolerated.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 1:43 pm

were they full of smileys and compliments but also bad stuff? We just watched Talladega Nights and you know how Ricky Bobby goes "With all due respect....."
and then lays into people.
Or maybe they just got lost in cyberland between the reply button and the board.
or maybe it was - space mutants!!
Back to top Go down
futuristicfolkartist

Male Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 11:11 am

there are gray areas that some tend to divinde with others over. this is sad. i had a "friend" who basically made a series of phone calls, and broke up a whole church, because "headcoverings are biblical, and women should wear them in the church". i dont think they are supposed to close church doors!

the only non-negotiables should be:

the doctrine of the trinity, that the FATHER the SON and the HOLY GHOST are ONE GOD! ELOHIM! (any hebrew word with 'IM on the end is PLURAL people!!!)

jesus christ's death, ressurection (PHYSICAL).

that we repent and believe in the above for our salvation.

some teachings are destroying the church. sometime, read hank hanagraph's "christianity in crisis" to see what i am talking about!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jamiewoody
futuristicfolkartist

PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:24 pm

i think there are things to agree on, and to agree to disagree on. i mean, hell is a visual given to us in the bible many times over.

non-negotialbles: the trinity, one GOD:FATHER, SON, HOLY SPIRIT. ELOHIM, suggests this. (any hebrew word ending in -im is PLURAL! talmud (disciple)=singular. talmudim (disciples)=plural.

we can't save ourselves, (it's all over ROMANS!. nobody righteous, all have sinned, while we were sinners, christ died for us).

jesus' death and resurrection, and second coming.

THINGS WE CAN AGREE TO DISAGREE ABOUT:
the rapure. (i mean, i do believe in it. otherwise, why would jesus have spoken of the 2 men working in the field, and one taken up, etc.) i had a carpenter doing some work on my house. he said it would not happen like the "left behind" series, as we would be met in the sky by a cloud of witnesses., etc. these are different ages in time, some will see one, some will see the other.

some believe women should cover their heads, not sheer their hair, and that men should have short hair.

some believe that speaking in tongues is for today.

denomination, baptism by immersion vs. sprinkling, etc.

once saved always saved.

how many angels dance on the head of a pin.

we can argue 'till the proverbial cows come home, but what is the point?!!

if church was a more encouraging environment, instead of an instant debate when you hit the door, more people would come back!
Back to top Go down
futuristicfolkartist

PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:27 pm

wow, i already responded to this! twice!

isnt there ever a new topic here?!!
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 6:34 pm

there is a "new" button click it and you can create whatever topic you so desire. it's like magic only it's totally real.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 9:00 pm

The NEW button is nice BUT why settle for that when you can have the
New and improved super maxi new button!!!!!!!! it slices , it dices, it opens and closes your garage door and scientific studies say that it has a chance of causing peace between Jim and Mark!!!!!! BUT WAIT, if you order within the next ten minites you get this super handy IGNORE BUTTON!!!!! its uses are endless some restrictions may apply .

Ok no more caffene for me.
Back to top Go down
futuristicfolkartist

PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 3:11 am

word! LOL! ;-)
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:19 pm

my new super maxi new button seems to be broken. I called the tech support but I think some guy in India answered.
maybe I can sell it on ebay or something
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 10:59 pm

According to a few "high ranking" members of this board, Pastor Bob is a heretic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 09, 2008 11:10 pm

Well, they are entitled to their opinion but he is about the only human left on the planet that I trust with spiritual decision help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Is A Heretic?   Who Is A Heretic? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who Is A Heretic?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sanctuary International :: Intense Forums :: GOD-
Jump to: