Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prayer needed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nitehawk777

Nitehawk777

Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2007-05-24

Prayer needed Empty
PostSubject: Prayer needed   Prayer needed Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 9:00 pm

Where to start. As some of you know my dad has surgery next week. I took him to the heart doctor today and now he has to have a new pace maker put in after he get's over the first surgery. To top it off we have had a house guest staying with us off and on for a year. We told him he has to leave soon. Because my Uncle is coming to stay with us and he needs the room. The house guest is a psychologist and a minister. He has his head in the clouds and can't seem to settle down. When we told him he had to leave he started attacking me. He has seen the Sanctuary web site and thinks it's satanic. I told him it was a place for Christian headbangers and the goth crowd. He just shook his head. I could go on and on about the fight we had. But out of respect for him I will not. I probably already said to much. Anyway I appreciate all the prayers. Just keep them coming. The next week is going to be rough. I do trust God that everything will work out. Nobody ever said the Christian walk was easy. But we do have the Holy Spirit to guide us.

In Christ,
Jimmy
Back to top Go down
rock4king

rock4king

Male Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2007-05-21

Prayer needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed   Prayer needed Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 9:18 pm

praying Jimmy...
Back to top Go down
http://www.intenseradio.com
bigjtink

bigjtink

Male Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-05-21

Prayer needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed   Prayer needed Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 10:08 am

yes
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585

Prayer needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed   Prayer needed Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2007 2:32 pm

Jimmy, definitely praying for you.

Quote :
When we told him he had to leave he started attacking me. He has seen the Sanctuary web site and thinks it's satanic.

I hope you get to read this soon. My husband and I have had many, many people stay with us over the years - it's a personal ministry for us. Some have stayed as little as two weeks, others for over a year. It has also ranged from singles to whole families.

What we have learned from each stay has been straight from God's heart as we sought Him for answers in this ministry.

One of the things that we have learned most is that it is OUR home. We do not do "roommates". Each of these people have stayed with us for various needs in THEIR lives -financial, spiritual, emotional, etc. They were/are not here to fulfill something in OUR lives - we are helping fill or supply something in theirs.

Unless your spirit confirms they are speaking truth you need to hear, your lifestyle and your home are not up for debate, arguement, or discussion. He has a deadline, period, and ask what help you can give him to meet that deadline. Repeat it, if necessary. (Sometimes that simple act of repetition is what it takes to get across to the person you are very serious.)

Example: "My time with Sanctuary is directed from God, and He has blessed it greatly. Thank you for your concern, but nothing further needs to be said - again, it is blessed by God. Remember, we're talking about you and your move-out time. What can I do to help you with that?"

I know, I know - it's REALLY easier in print than in real life, but I can assure you it's tried and true and it works. The key is keeping yourself accountable to God for YOUR attitude, and yours alone.

I'll be keeping you in prayer. Blessings to you....
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org
Nitehawk777

Nitehawk777

Number of posts : 114

Prayer needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed   Prayer needed Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2007 2:48 pm

Thanks for the advice Marcia. It really made sense what you said. Since the argument our house guest has left and made other arangemnts. We left on peaceful terms. It was a sad thing to have to go through. But I think I have learned a great deal from this. Thanks for the prayers everyone. You all mean a lot to me as Christian brothers and sisters. I will keep you updated on my dad.

Jimmy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prayer needed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayer needed   Prayer needed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prayer needed
Page 1 of 1