Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ok

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Ok Empty
PostSubject: Ok   Ok Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 12:28 am

I'll admit it here, but nowhere else, I'm drunk tonight, didn't intend to, but ran into a Doors fan who twisted my arm! I can't escape Jim, it gives me meaning to my otherwise pathetic existence, we have a show this Friday, I'm gonna set the night on fire!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

Ok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok   Ok Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 7:14 am

The Changeling wrote:
I'll admit it here, but nowhere else, I'm drunk tonight, didn't intend to, but ran into a Doors fan who twisted my arm! I can't escape Jim, it gives me meaning to my otherwise pathetic existence, we have a show this Friday, I'm gonna set the night on fire!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil

Well, tomorrow you may feel differently when you're sober.

When you are sober, please think about this and tell me why this Doors persona holds more meaning for you than anything else. What does it do for you that gives your life such meaning?
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org

Ok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok   Ok Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 9:23 am

Did I write that? Sorry, got a little stupid w/Jagar!

If I had my way, I'd rather be working on the CD for the Fragile project, but it doesn't seem to be much of a priority w/the other guys, the tribute act pays better.
Back to top Go down
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

Female Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2007-07-16

Ok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok   Ok Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 7:39 pm

So it's the dark personality that does something to you, I will assume. And when you said it pays better, it's clear that money is also a major factor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianrockandfellowship.net

Ok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok   Ok Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2008 8:26 pm

Well, when I mean "pays better", the Fragile thing doesn't make a dime, it cost's to record and it's unlikely I will even recoop recording costs from sales. So The Doors tribute is kind of finacing that project.
Back to top Go down

Ok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok   Ok Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 12:42 am

Well we had or show, big turn out, there was a biker ralley there w/a Kiss tribute goin' on after us. The first set went pretty good, decent crowd, the place was packed by the second set, then "Jimbo" showed up! Twisted Evil I promised the guys I was gonna be on my best behaviour, but when all the shots of Jagar kept showing up on the stage, I lost it, I can't even remember most of the second set! My friend Lisa, no not that one, left early, I called her, she's po'd at me, said I looked like I was gonna fall off the stage. The guys told me today that the biker's security and a cop cut us off at the end, I guess I kept pushing for more songs and we were treadin' on the Kiss tribute's time. I can't believe I got that tore up that I can't remember any of that, especially after I promised everyone I wouldn't!
Back to top Go down

Ok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok   Ok Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 7:52 am

We are all human. That dont make us bad .
Back to top Go down

Ok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok   Ok Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:04 am

The thing is I never drink like that save for the shows, I'll have a few beers, maybe a shot or two, but that's it. I must've knocked back 12 shots or so that night, I don't know if it's nreves or just the whole "Jimbo" thing takin' over. I promised the guys no more shots at shows, we'll see if I can make good on that now.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Ok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok   Ok Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 11:47 am

I feel ya bro.
About 2 months ago I found a bottle of Oxycodone from when I was in the hospital with about 75 left. I took one to ease my (mental) pain, then one later....about 9 days later the entire bottle was gone along with my emergency vicadin and some other opiate. I spent 3 days in horrible withdrawls tearing apart the truck looking for just one more pill . There are some things I know I could do once and walk away and some things, well....Pain pills were my first addiction and I know if I let them they would be my last.
Moral of the story is sometime we just have to stay away form temption and act like a big ol fuddy duddy and just say no. It's hard when it's right there in your face, but anyone with an addictive personality knows that sometimes the substance just gets a mind of it's own and takes over.
And I am a big Doors fan (my first tat was a lizard) so I know that Jim was always, well Jim. But we all know how that story ended.
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin

zombiewalkin

Male Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Ok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok   Ok Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 10:37 am

Whoa dude! Getting tore up like that aint good. Im happy I dont do that anymore. I used to get wasted in highschool and finally learned my lesson.....slept with someone that I completly regret sleeping with......that kinda sobered me up some and I stopped getting slammed after that.

I hope you hold true to your promise. Prove it to yourself that is the important part.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Ok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok   Ok Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 12:24 pm

some of us it takes a lot to get to the point where we wanna get and stay sober.
Back to top Go down

Ok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok   Ok Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 7:51 pm

switchbladeknitter wrote:
some of us it takes a lot to get to the point where we wanna get and stay sober.
You hit the nail on the head. This right here is 99% of the battle, at least it was for me.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Ok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok   Ok Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 10:49 pm

The whole struggle to stay clean after addiction to anything is one of the hardest battles one will ever have to face.
But to fight that battle you do have to make that first hardest choice to stop doing what you're doing.
When you can't see your partying as an issue you'll never wanna stop it. I never thought my partying was an issue but I spent years -too many- drinking and drugging and being ok with it.
shame on me. I may not be as much fun at parties now but at least I don't have to ask what I did the night before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ok Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ok   Ok Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ok
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sanctuary International :: Intense Forums :: LIFE-
Jump to: