Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leather Britches JIM JIM JIM!!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tonnenator

Tonnenator

Female Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2007-07-21

Leather Britches JIM JIM JIM!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Leather Britches JIM JIM JIM!!!!   Leather Britches JIM JIM JIM!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 3:01 am

OH YEAH! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy The very first pair of pants I've ever made (other than for a Barbie doll) for a real life-size person, has been made out of genuine buckskin (from a deer that this kid's Royal Rangers leader shot) and they actually FIT HIM! This is a proud moment indeed.

They feature double stitching, a separate waistband, and a true-to-period button fly closure.

I made them for one of our youth kids, for his FCF (Frontiersmen Camping Fellowship) Group.

Jim I think you'll dig this: www.fcfworld.com
Click on pic of the month and then on former pics of the month.
This group is through Royal Rangers which is through the Assemblies of God.

Now "Cowboy Dave" will be the envy of everyone in his outpost!

He's also getting a matching Daniel Boone jacket.

I didn't think my little Brother machine could handle it....I didn't think I could handle it! But we cut apart a pair of this kid's old jeans and used them as a pattern. But there was a lot more to it than that. The fly is the hardest part. I was actually relieved when he said he didn't want a zipper because I had accidentally forgotten to leave room for it. The extra piece sewn in for a button fly is actually true to period for the Revolutionary War Era, which played right into my mistake! It made it much easier. The buttons however were not so easy because they have to be hammered through the hide, and the first one I tried, the pin twisted and I had to throw that one away. But the rest went in okay - thank God I didn't hit my thumb!

Leather Britches JIM JIM JIM!!!! L_223993e10afb4ffb8850df0156104ed6

The waistband was a lot easier than I thought. I was so scared that I was gonna screw that part up! If you look closely though you'll see my biggest boo boo. On the right side of the crotch underneath, I had cut too big of a wedge coming out and there was some extra fabric in the fly once I had sewn all the seams (double stitched which would be a nightmare to pull out of deer hide!) So I had to cut a piece off and re-sew an extra little seam underneath which is the little pucker you see in the right leg near the crotch, but when he wears them that will all be underneath and you won't be able to see it.

Leather Britches JIM JIM JIM!!!! L_0a6e3f9d095841edbe90bb62c8bfa295

The finished product! They fit him perfectly, too - just the right amount of give and everything. I hope the jacket turns out so good! I've never made a jacket before, either but I have a yakimono to finish for another kid yet, which is made out of silk and is almost more difficult than the deer hide!
Leather Britches JIM JIM JIM!!!! L_215ad5a1bcbf4c589bce0e8657d3d6de

I thought you guys would enjoy this ---- especially you, Jim being the mountain man type and all!

flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.generationactz.com
Tonnenator

Tonnenator

PostSubject: Re: Leather Britches JIM JIM JIM!!!!   Leather Britches JIM JIM JIM!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 3:53 am

Hey man this was quite an accomplishment! Oh well.

Leather Britches JIM JIM JIM!!!! Funny-pictures-cat-invisible-putting-on-pants
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Leather Britches JIM JIM JIM!!!!   Leather Britches JIM JIM JIM!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 7:58 pm

you're just a regular seamstress - very cool.

and I like the loldogs better than the lolcatz. I sometimes go there and do em - example :

Leather Britches JIM JIM JIM!!!! 128672762680993210Leather Britches JIM JIM JIM!!!! 128672762680993210

Last edited by switchbladeknitter on Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oopsie)
Back to top Go down
Tonnenator

Tonnenator

PostSubject: Re: Leather Britches JIM JIM JIM!!!!   Leather Britches JIM JIM JIM!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:09 am

Hilarious!!!!! See, I knew you people had a sense of humor somewhere in the wood pile.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Leather Britches JIM JIM JIM!!!!   Leather Britches JIM JIM JIM!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:53 pm

thank you! thank you!
When I'm feeling a little silly and creative I like to go there and caption some pics. Course I captioned like 7 of em before I decided to register to I can get my due props.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leather Britches JIM JIM JIM!!!!   Leather Britches JIM JIM JIM!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leather Britches JIM JIM JIM!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sanctuary International :: Intense Forums :: LIFE-
Jump to: