Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uncle bens rice

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Panzer

Panzer

Male Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Uncle bens rice Empty
PostSubject: Uncle bens rice   Uncle bens rice Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 6:25 pm

For all of you out there that enjoys the brew too much...uncle bens ready to go rice is the answer for a hungry belly and it only takes ninety seconds......check into it.....tons of flavors for the most descriminating palats......ROCK ON UNCLE BEN drunken
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Uncle bens rice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncle bens rice   Uncle bens rice Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 5:38 pm

I love rice! I cook regular rice in my rice cooker like 3+ times a week. I season it myself sometimes with bullion cubes or some soy sauce or horchata (it's a mexican powdered drink mix very sweet very yummy)
Rice is great - it's lo-cal it fills you up and won't make you gain weight.
beans and rice, chicken and rice, bbq and rice. everything and rice!
Back to top Go down
KubaTDS

KubaTDS

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Uncle bens rice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncle bens rice   Uncle bens rice Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 6:17 pm

Uncle bens rice Uncle+ben

Uncle Ben is the man!!!

But these days I am trying to cut cost every way that I can and since a box of Uncle Ben's costs around $1.30 a box I have started buying larger quantities of brown rice in one pound bags for about $2 a bag. Than I season it myself. I eat allot of rice on my new diet and from what I am told brown rice is the way that I deeded to go. I have experimented with all different types of seasonings from Mrs. Dash to Cajun seasoning. So far so good. It tastes just as good and saves me about $7 a week.

Not trying to sound like a Rice Expert, just sharing my thoughts.. Surprised
Back to top Go down
http://www.FullArmorRadio.com
Panzer

Panzer

Male Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Uncle bens rice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncle bens rice   Uncle bens rice Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 7:03 pm

the ones i was talking about was the precooked ones in sealed bags.....mega expensive but you can eat em without even nuking them if the need arises....but there like two bux a serving.... Im going for the cost cutter brown rice myself , about a buck a box.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Uncle bens rice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncle bens rice   Uncle bens rice Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 2:15 pm

what are you Kuba some kind of rice expert??
lol!
we get regular 1 pound bags of rice. I never heard of the precooked rice - crazy. Then again we do most of our shopping at Aldi's which is one of those all generic bag it yourself pay .25 cents to use a cart kind of places. If we need food when we're on the road we'll hit up a super wal-mart, sometimes a kroger if we're in the south or a sam meyer if we're in the northwest. I have saving cards from both places.
I do absolutely love rice though. I love Ramen too but that is not exactly the best thing to eat all the time. I drain all the water out of mine and use 1/2 he packet or just season it with stuff we have.
Back to top Go down
Tonnenator

Tonnenator

Female Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2007-07-21

Uncle bens rice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncle bens rice   Uncle bens rice Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 5:54 am

Ramen noodles are horrible for you but John and I lived on them for our first year of our marriage! LOL

I'm not supposed to have rice right now unfortunately, or ramen noodles, potatoes, bread anything like that. My sugar has been through the ROOF and it seems like any starches at all, sends it skyrocketing despite the fact that I eat well, exercise and take my meds regularly, and my meds were just adjusted. My sugar has gone down 100 points in the past 2 days though if that tells you anything about how hard I'm trying!

I finally went on the needle a couple of weeks ago but it doesn't seem to be helping. The only thing that helps is exercise. The other day I exercised and brought my sugar down 62 points immediately.

I'm concerned that I'm insulin resistant. I don't know what else to do but cut out all sugar and starches (I didn't eat sugar anyhow) and train like an Olympian. I've been doing some dance videos and using my gazelle and it seems to be helping some. Boy the dance videos are killer. I won't get into what kind because I'd feel stupid but I'll just say that they're really fun, and I will only do them behind closed doors where not even John or Tommy can see me because I feel stupid! LOL But hey they help.

I miss my step aerobic step and unfortunately I can't find it. But when I do - I'm gonna kick butt.

Back to the rice though. When I made rice for a while there, usually with salmon, I would simmer it in some water with a little oil, some balsamic vinegar, fresh crushed garlic, oregano and either sage or thyme. Kind of boil it down and then drain it, and then mix a little butter and some slivered almonds or other nuts or seeds into it, for a delicious pilaf.

You can also add tiny ground up pieces of carrots, onions and broccoli for a veggie effect. I would either run them through my juicer and use the juice to boil the rice in and then put the pulp into the rice, or run them through my food processor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.generationactz.com
Sponsored content

Uncle bens rice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uncle bens rice   Uncle bens rice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uncle bens rice
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sanctuary International :: Intense Forums :: LIFE-
Jump to: