Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

facebook lurker

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

facebook lurker Empty
PostSubject: facebook lurker   facebook lurker Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 12:42 pm

ok the thing about facebook is that since you have to use your 'real name' I only used part of my last name, it's real easy to find people.
So I have been lurking checking up on people I used to know and hang out with when I was a whole other creature. It's good to know they are all still alive and what's going on with them, but I just don't want to connect and friend them and start talking to them again - is that wrong?
I am past that whole phaze in my life - you know the evil, hard partying, cursing, causing trouble, other things that you guys all probably have a sense of the kind of life I used to live.
I dunno.
Anyone that changed the way they live their lives - what's your opinion?
Is it ok to go and reminisce and remember 'back in the day' or just check up to see who's still alive and what they're up to? or is it better to just not even try to see what's going on and live your new life?
any opinions would be appreciated
Back to top Go down
Tonnenator

Tonnenator

Female Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2007-07-21

facebook lurker Empty
PostSubject: Re: facebook lurker   facebook lurker Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 1:56 am

It all depends on how long you've been sober/changed and how strong you are in the Lord, I guess!

For example my son had to just cut everybody off permanently and I told him although he cares deeply about those people, that he should pray for them and let God send somebody else to reach them for the sake of his own sobriety.

But if you're older and have been in the Lord for a long time, and you honestly don't feel tempted to go back when you talk to them, then...........
Back to top Go down
http://www.generationactz.com
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

facebook lurker Empty
PostSubject: Re: facebook lurker   facebook lurker Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 11:21 am

I'm strong enough in the Lord to not be tempted to go back to being bad, my sobriety is the thing that I struggle with a lot.
I sometimes think that I am clean and sober still just by a combination of force and luck. Steven is very anti-drug and since everyone I know I see them inside the truck stop it's not like they can whip out some drugs and be like let's party!
The thing is I am one of those people so completely changed in the Lord if the new me and old me met, the new me would shake her head and think 'she's screwed up'
and the old me would probably want to fight the new me, or at least get in her face and try to tear her down.
And half the people I find on facebook are still the same as they were when I knew them. The other half seem completely changed into a whole new creature too though.

I dunno. I think you advice is great though. I know that the best thing I can do for some of them is pray.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

facebook lurker Empty
PostSubject: Re: facebook lurker   facebook lurker Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 4:45 pm

So who else here is on facebook?
I am HOOKED on Pet Society and need people who are on facebook that play it, but don't want just random friends.
I hated facebook at first but with the few people I do have friended on there and the dang Pet Society, it's enough to keep me entertained.
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

facebook lurker Empty
PostSubject: Re: facebook lurker   facebook lurker Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 7:40 am

Well, girl, find me! www.facebook.com/peacethroughx

What is this Pet Society? I have a Happy Aquarium, but I don
t do the Mafia, Bejeweled, Farm stuff, but pets sound fun.

I dropped MySpace - now I just have my Wordpress blog and FB. Tha's enough to keep a gal busy! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

facebook lurker Empty
PostSubject: Re: facebook lurker   facebook lurker Icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 11:24 am

woohoo!! I am gonna send you a friend request.

my friend Kim from home does the fish. I was playing on her account last night.
Pet Society is the bomb!! You make a little cartoony pet and you have a house you collect furniture and stuff for, you have a garden you can plant trees flowers or veggies (go for the fruit trees because then you won't have to buy so much food) you can get trophies for doing stuff. It's fun, trust me. But I am a total sucker for cartoony animal games.

I don't do the other games, I got 2 people on my friend list that do Farmville.
I noticed that you're not active on myspace anymore. I just go there to do surveys with my buds. Lady Michaela from the Christiangoth.com totally deleted her account.
Back to top Go down
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

Female Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2007-07-16

facebook lurker Empty
PostSubject: Re: facebook lurker   facebook lurker Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:40 am

I'm on Facebook, too!

https://www.facebook.com/ladyrocker_crf

If this doesn't work, let me know. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianrockandfellowship.net
Panzer

Panzer

Male Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2008-12-06

facebook lurker Empty
PostSubject: Re: facebook lurker   facebook lurker Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:59 am

Hey lia, your link didnt work .
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

facebook lurker Empty
PostSubject: Re: facebook lurker   facebook lurker Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 2:07 pm

ok Jim. You track Lia down and I'll find her from your page.
AWESOME!!
Back to top Go down
Tonnenator

Tonnenator

Female Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2007-07-21

facebook lurker Empty
PostSubject: Re: facebook lurker   facebook lurker Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:51 am

I'm on Facebook under Tonya Berry. It should be the first Tonya Berry that comes up. I live in Columbus, Ohio so look for the fat goth girl ^.^

And yeah I'm totally addicted to Farmville and Sorority Life. I don't have time to really play either one so I have deleted YoVille and everything else but ppl keep sending me stuff for like everything....
Back to top Go down
http://www.generationactz.com
Sponsored content

facebook lurker Empty
PostSubject: Re: facebook lurker   facebook lurker Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

facebook lurker
Page 1 of 1