Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not giving up

Go down 
+2
Fragile
Panzer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Panzer

Panzer

Male Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Not giving up Empty
PostSubject: Not giving up   Not giving up Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 9:50 am

Theres still a spark of life left in this board . I guess in truth im not willing to give it up . Too many memories.
Back to top Go down
Fragile

Fragile

Male Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Not giving up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not giving up   Not giving up Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:06 am

Hold on...

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Panzer

Panzer

Not giving up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not giving up   Not giving up Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 7:40 pm

I remember when Angelica came out , Every guy wanted to play like Dennis Cameron and every girl wanted to date him LOL. Hes Good but Im still dazzled by Rex Carrol.
Back to top Go down
Fragile

Fragile

Male Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-07-26

Not giving up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not giving up   Not giving up Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 12:11 am

Not a big fan, but I have their greatest hits cd and it rocks!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Panzer

Panzer

Not giving up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not giving up   Not giving up Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 12:26 pm

I have slacked down on listening to christian music a bit . I still like it but its usually for the purpose of memories from the eighties .
Back to top Go down
Paladin

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-07-22

Not giving up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not giving up   Not giving up Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 2:58 pm

I'll post here and there with ya Jim, I can't believe this place is that dead though. What the heck happened?!
Back to top Go down
Panzer

Panzer

Not giving up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not giving up   Not giving up Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 8:23 pm

I dont know , I guess all the leadership vanished , after that everyone just went their seperate ways , But I still post here and will till they take it down .
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Not giving up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not giving up   Not giving up Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 5:08 pm

**turns on defibulator**
ok people let's do this
**rubs paddles together**
CLEAR!!
ZZZZzzzzzzzap

Sometimes I miss this place so much. I found it when I just got out of a long long stay in the hospital where I 'technically' died at least 3 times. I was wandering in the dark, looking for a safe place and found this. although some of the people here I do talk to on a regular basis, there are some that were here that I wonder about. and that I miss. I miss mostly the fact that with so many Godly people in my life it helped keep me in check.
Back to top Go down
Paladin

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2007-07-22

Not giving up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not giving up   Not giving up Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 6:02 pm

switchbladeknitter wrote:
**turns on defibulator**
ok people let's do this
**rubs paddles together**
CLEAR!!
ZZZZzzzzzzzap

Sometimes I miss this place so much. I found it when I just got out of a long long stay in the hospital where I 'technically' died at least 3 times. I was wandering in the dark, looking for a safe place and found this. although some of the people here I do talk to on a regular basis, there are some that were here that I wonder about. and that I miss. I miss mostly the fact that with so many Godly people in my life it helped keep me in check.

I hear you there, I miss this place alot. This was the first Christian forum I ever posted on and like you I was going through some stuff at the time although not as bad as you, yikes! That's scary stuff! My deal wasn't anywhere near as bad however I was peering out from a very dark place in my life in search of kindred souls when I happened apon the S.I. Board. It helped alot in getting me out of that place and I conversed with alot of really great people, several of which I still talk to.

Yep, I definitely miss this old place and think about it at least once per week. Outa all the forums I browsed looking for a place to post this one stood out from the rest and didn't seem to have the... Ehem, "church politics" of other boards out there. I wonder about many of the great folks who once posted here myself. Wherever you all are I hope God's blessings are apon you and you're healthy and happy.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Not giving up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not giving up   Not giving up Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:55 pm

I searched out a lot of forums looking for the right one too. This place was like church for me. I miss that. I miss the spiritual growth and the fact that being part of something so good helped me stay on the better path. It's not like I'm out doing horrible things now, I just don't have the same encouragement.
Where ever the rest of you are I too hope that you are living a blessed, happy and healthy life.
But I am still gonna stop by here every once in awhile, kick over some rocks and check for signs of life.
Back to top Go down
Panzer

Panzer

Not giving up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not giving up   Not giving up Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 1:26 pm

I come from time to time as well .
Back to top Go down
sixus1

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-12-01

Not giving up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not giving up   Not giving up Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 3:42 pm

*new guy alert!!!!*

Just signed up and saw this thread. It's a long story for me and how I've ended up coming back into faith... anyway, just skimmed this thread and thought I'd post a quick note to say that I hope this forum isn't "dead" or even dying because I'm really looking to connect with other people of faith, who are into the hard-rock/metal thing.
Back to top Go down
DeadB.C.

DeadB.C.

Male Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2011-12-05

Not giving up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not giving up   Not giving up Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 6:25 am

Exclamation
sixus1 wrote:
*new guy alert!!!!*

Just signed up and saw this thread. It's a long story for me and how I've ended up coming back into faith... anyway, just skimmed this thread and thought I'd post a quick note to say that I hope this forum isn't "dead" or even dying because I'm really looking to connect with other people of faith, who are into the hard-rock/metal thing.

Ok I just signed up too. I was hoping to get involed with this forum. I was researching christian metal when I came across Sanctuary International. Oh and one more thing, how do you make a avatar thing?
Back to top Go down
sixus1

Not giving up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not giving up   Not giving up Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 12:38 pm

Welcome fellow noob! Smile Haven't made my avatar here yet either, but I would expect it's probably under your user account settings somewhere; will check for myself shortly...
Back to top Go down
Panzer

Panzer

Not giving up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not giving up   Not giving up Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 5:03 pm

Unfortunatly this forum is almost dead , I really hate to see it go , thats why I love seeing new people come here , maybe you all can revive it
Back to top Go down
sixus1

Not giving up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not giving up   Not giving up Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 6:53 pm

Absolutely! I'm really hoping to see it pick up. Just announced on my FB page that I'm leaving the band I've been in for a few years now to start something new... hoping I can get to know some folks here and elsewhere who might help out as things move forward for me....
Back to top Go down
DeadB.C.

DeadB.C.

Not giving up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not giving up   Not giving up Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 7:47 pm

sixus1 wrote:
Absolutely! I'm really hoping to see it pick up. Just announced on my FB page that I'm leaving the band I've been in for a few years now to start something new... hoping I can get to know some folks here and elsewhere who might help out as things move forward for me....
What band where you in?
Back to top Go down
DeadB.C.

DeadB.C.

Not giving up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not giving up   Not giving up Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 7:50 pm

Panzer wrote:
Unfortunatly this forum is almost dead , I really hate to see it go , thats why I love seeing new people come here , maybe you all can revive it
Oh ya. I ll tell my friends about it and hopfully theyll check it out. Lol I dont have much friends into heavy metal like me pale Sad
Back to top Go down
DeadB.C.

DeadB.C.

Not giving up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not giving up   Not giving up Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 8:15 pm

Im going to start a new topic just to get interest back in this website so if you still come on, just leave a comment saying whatever you like. You can list yo favorite band to to start a converstion too.
Back to top Go down
sixus1

Not giving up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not giving up   Not giving up Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 9:21 pm

I've been in a band called Savage Soul for the past 4 years or so, but just recently left. Basically, during that time, I felt the culmination of a long process leading me back to Christ. As both vocalist, lead guitarist and primary songwriter for the band, I found myself wanting to move more in the direction of my faith and what I feel God has planned for me, but it just reached a point where the baggage of the band, content that I felt I could no longer perform in good conscience plus members having positions on things that I found troubling at times brought it to a head. With that band, I got to play some great shows, meet a lot of cool people and really grew as a musician. In it's own way, thanks to a friend who joined the band for a short while, the whole thing actually pushed me much farther down the road to faith and so was very much a tool for God in a very literal sense. Funny how things work when you look back on them...

Anyway, now I'm moving on with a new project. Probably dating myself with this, and hopefully noone will hold age against me, but one of the most exciting things now is that my new band will have my own son on bass guitar. That in itself is just a really cool thing, but considering the fact that I'll be working with my son in the context of a Christ focused heavy band, well... I'm excited and incredibly happy about it. I figure if guys like Megadeth can keep at it given that their all at least 8-10 years my senior, then maybe I've got some mileage left in me as well. We're currently looking for a drummer. There are a couple of folks stepping up to try for the gig, so hopefully we'll have that spot filled soon. Style wise, it's sort of a Megadeth meets Black Label meets Crowbar kind of thing in the form of a simple but really thick sounding little three piece. This new band's name, which I'm sharing for the first time with anyone right here, is "Between The Bones", the idea being that if someone says, "what's the band's name about?" all I have to answer with is "where did the nails in the hands and feet go: Between the Bones." I just like the ring that has to it, and how it can carry so many metaphorical connotations...

Anyway... going to poke around and find your new thread. Let's get this board hopping again!!!
Back to top Go down
DeadB.C.

DeadB.C.

Not giving up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not giving up   Not giving up Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:29 am

sixus1 wrote:
I've been in a band called Savage Soul for the past 4 years or so, but just recently left. Basically, during that time, I felt the culmination of a long process leading me back to Christ. As both vocalist, lead guitarist and primary songwriter for the band, I found myself wanting to move more in the direction of my faith and what I feel God has planned for me, but it just reached a point where the baggage of the band, content that I felt I could no longer perform in good conscience plus members having positions on things that I found troubling at times brought it to a head. With that band, I got to play some great shows, meet a lot of cool people and really grew as a musician. In it's own way, thanks to a friend who joined the band for a short while, the whole thing actually pushed me much farther down the road to faith and so was very much a tool for God in a very literal sense. Funny how things work when you look back on them...

Anyway, now I'm moving on with a new project. Probably dating myself with this, and hopefully noone will hold age against me, but one of the most exciting things now is that my new band will have my own son on bass guitar. That in itself is just a really cool thing, but considering the fact that I'll be working with my son in the context of a Christ focused heavy band, well... I'm excited and incredibly happy about it. I figure if guys like Megadeth can keep at it given that their all at least 8-10 years my senior, then maybe I've got some mileage left in me as well. We're currently looking for a drummer. There are a couple of folks stepping up to try for the gig, so hopefully we'll have that spot filled soon. Style wise, it's sort of a Megadeth meets Black Label meets Crowbar kind of thing in the form of a simple but really thick sounding little three piece. This new band's name, which I'm sharing for the first time with anyone right here, is "Between The Bones", the idea being that if someone says, "what's the band's name about?" all I have to answer with is "where did the nails in the hands and feet go: Between the Bones." I just like the ring that has to it, and how it can carry so many metaphorical connotations...

Anyway... going to poke around and find your new thread. Let's get this board hopping again!!!

WOW man thats an awesome testimony. Its also cool that you also started a new band that glorifys God. You know when you compare christian metal bands to regular heavy metal bands, thee not that many christian bands. We need ppl like you to play for God in heavy metal. Im a musican my self (well sort of)
I play a guitar, but im not in a band yet. Hoping to start one soon. Well good luck on the new band, and by the way catchy name.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Not giving up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not giving up   Not giving up Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not giving up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sanctuary International :: Intense Forums :: LIFE-
Jump to: