Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

peace

Go down 
AuthorMessage

peace Empty
PostSubject: peace   peace Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 4:44 am

I remember something Pastor Bob said in one of his teaching tapes. It says GODS peace is a PEACEFUL peace.....
Now I want to encourage everyone out there. DO NOT TAKE PEACE OF MIND AND EMOTION for granted. When a man has NO peace he is ready for death, there is no hope (Thank you David Reeves for showing me this) But sometimes we must suffer for a time, a suffering unto death, BUT GOD will deliver.
If you have peace right now, Dig your knee into the dirt and thank God above for his gift of peace. for without that perfect gift (james 1:17) we are vexed unto death. Thank him if you have the peace. Its one of the greatest gifts God could ever give a man.
Learn from your past, Fix the present and prepair for the future.
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

peace Empty
PostSubject: Re: peace   peace Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 9:12 am

Jim, the gal that lives with us is a recovering alcoholic. She's on an email list that receives encouragements and teachings each day.

Yesterday's goes right along with what you're saying and I'd like to share it:

Somebody's boring me - I think it's me.
--Dylan Thomas

Sobriety and recovery are supposed to be fun. Otherwise no one would do it. If we're bored or stagnant, it's because we're not doing recovery right. Recovery is a wonderful adventure filled with new faces, growth, love, acceptance, laughs, peace, serenity, comfort, and fellowship. If we can't find any of that, we need to find out why. Maybe we're purposely trying to avoid the good stuff of sobriety so we can set ourselves up to use again. Or maybe we just need to try some new friends or get involved with a social activity. Today we have the power to take action on our own behalf.

Today don't let me get away with blaming my boredom on somebody or something else.

She is successful this time in her recovery because she does have the PEACE that passes all understanding and she does recognize that the JOY of the Lord is her strength. Taking each day, literally, one at a time and the recognition and acceptance of these two elements of God, gets her through each day no matter what or who tries to bring her down.

This can apply to any spiritual condition we are in - struggling or not struggling. When we look for the beauty, peace, and joy of each day through God, we can make it. TODAY is what's important - getting through TODAY, walking with God.

Have I told you lately how much you are loved here.... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org

peace
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sanctuary International :: Intense Forums :: GOD-
Jump to: