Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tattoos, emo hair, and gauges, or not...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
userwolf1898

userwolf1898

Male Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Tattoos, emo hair, and gauges, or not... Empty
PostSubject: Tattoos, emo hair, and gauges, or not...   Tattoos, emo hair, and gauges, or not... Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 4:00 pm

Hi. I was raised be right wing conservative parents, and have only in the last two years discovred Christian Metal/hardcore/screamo. I really really really want to get a tattoo, my ears pierced, possibly gauged, and emo hair, and although I'm 20 and live in my own place, my parents are strongly against this. I s it okay, as a Christian, to do something that my parents don't neccessarily agree with? I mean, I can respect them without doing everything they say, right? I'm an adult! Also, does anybody know how to go about starting a Christian Hard Rock Band? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tattoos, emo hair, and gauges, or not...   Tattoos, emo hair, and gauges, or not... Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 4:34 pm

your on your own, but I understand what you mean. I am 42 and there is certain things I still dont do in front of my folks out of respect for them, but when they come to MY HOUSE , its my standards and rules.
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

Male Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Tattoos, emo hair, and gauges, or not...   Tattoos, emo hair, and gauges, or not... Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 5:12 pm

methinks you are your own man given your age and situation, as long as your respectful about it i dont believe there's anything wrong with this at all!

oh.
and i was gonna get gauges too, then imagined myself at 74 years old with them and backed out Shocked
just somethin to thinnk about xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tory98
bigjtink

bigjtink

Male Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Tattoos, emo hair, and gauges, or not...   Tattoos, emo hair, and gauges, or not... Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 7:03 pm

Your almost growm. You may do as you please. Just remember though, there may be a problem with your folks thinking you are disrespecting them. Maybe a little at a time. Also, think of where you want to be 10 years from now. Make sure you dont do anything that could hurt your future. Thats all I got! Good luck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tattoos, emo hair, and gauges, or not...   Tattoos, emo hair, and gauges, or not... Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 7:41 pm

yea, tink is right, I have a couple tattoos that might cause me to get my butt kicked when I get older and unable to defend myself....what was I thinking.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Tattoos, emo hair, and gauges, or not...   Tattoos, emo hair, and gauges, or not... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 7:36 pm

LOL Jim. I never thought of the old person with tats in that way. Whenever someone says "you're gonna be old with all those old tattoos" I just say "everyone my age will be old with old tattoos" Kids 30 years from now won't want tats cuz all their grandparents will be covered with them.

Wolf - take this suggestion under your hat - if you really really want a tat maybe get one on a part of your body that you can cover up whenever you're around P&M.
My dad signed for my first tat behind my mom's back - it's a lizard I got on my ankle when I was like 16. my mom's friend saw it and was like "OHH!! I LOVE your tattoo!' right in front of my mom! um, can you say busted!
As far as starting a Christian Hardcore band - start it the way you'd start any band. Put up flyers at a local music shop (if they let you) or post on some internet site Craig's list, my space, facebook, where ever you go or are. You can meet and greet possible bandmates and go from there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tattoos, emo hair, and gauges, or not...   Tattoos, emo hair, and gauges, or not... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tattoos, emo hair, and gauges, or not...
Page 1 of 1