Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Does the Bible say to not use cuss words?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
userwolf1898

userwolf1898

Male Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-05-25

Does the Bible say to not use cuss words? Empty
PostSubject: Does the Bible say to not use cuss words?   Does the Bible say to not use cuss words? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 9:52 pm

I'm not trying to say we should cuss like sailors, I'm just trying to see if the Bible specifically says to not use cusswords. I'm mainly confused because of an article from a pastor I read online. The link is here: http://isaiah543.wordpress.com/2006/08/24/on-cussing-and-cursing/
I found this confusing, because it actually uses the Bible to try to say that there are acceptable uses for profanity, and even says that the bible has offensive language in it, and gives 2 examples from second samuel, and one from the new testament. I'm confused, is I guess the point I'm trying to make. Any constructive input would be very useful. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does the Bible say to not use cuss words?   Does the Bible say to not use cuss words? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:01 pm

2Ti 2:16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
Back to top Go down
userwolf1898

userwolf1898

Male Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Does the Bible say to not use cuss words?   Does the Bible say to not use cuss words? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:15 pm

6Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly. 17Their teaching will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, 18who
have wandered away from the truth. They say that the resurrection has
already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some. 19Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his,"[a] and, "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness."

I see your point, but in context, it's not the same topic. I really wonder, though, other than the part in Romans talking about offending people, and in Corinthians talking about all things being permissable, but not beneficial, I can't find a single verse. Ephesians mentions that we should only use words to build others up, but I have know people who have used bad words and built up. Another verse says to not use offensive language, but then describes offensive language as language that curses God, glorifies immorality, curses people, or is used out of language. Any way, I'm still very confused, especially because I know a lot of people in my own personal life who claim to be Christians, and yet use bad language on a regualr basis...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Does the Bible say to not use cuss words?   Does the Bible say to not use cuss words? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 12:00 am

Well, the only inpit I can give since I am not a normal between the lines so called christian would be when I am in church I couldnt imagine myself using foul language..... Its just unthinkable, but thats just to me out of respect for one of my Gods.... Again its just maybe ME that couldnt imagine doing it, others might. Sorry i couldnt really help.
Back to top Go down
Tonnenator

Tonnenator

Female Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Does the Bible say to not use cuss words?   Does the Bible say to not use cuss words? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 11:52 am

Wow would this be referred to as the Bart Simpson theology?
Back to top Go down
http://www.generationactz.com
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Does the Bible say to not use cuss words?   Does the Bible say to not use cuss words? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 11:21 am

I am not that good at quoting scripture (yet I hope to be one day) but there's that verse about -- whatever you think in your heart....that one
I try and try hard not to curse. I just think that if I was walking arounf dropping the eff bomb all the time - or even sometimes people would look at me and think 'yeah there's another Christian hyprocrite'
and I think that if you try to make no unclean words come out of your mouth then they will float around in your head even less.
You can always replace them with clean words jibberish words.
If something's all jacked up I will say "That's wonky."
It also works for like if you feel funny, icky, "I'm all wonky."

If something is really boggling my mind I say "what the crap?!?!"
Dont't know if that's at all helpful just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does the Bible say to not use cuss words?   Does the Bible say to not use cuss words? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does the Bible say to not use cuss words?
Page 1 of 1