Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New years goals?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rastus

Rastus

Male Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2008-02-22

New years goals? Empty
PostSubject: New years goals?   New years goals? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 4:03 pm

Resolutions are for weenises.

Any body have some real goals for this year?

My only goal is to perfect my self discipline, so that as I make goals through-out the year I'll have the control over my mind to make myself do them. Also, I am a VERY impatient person...like, "fast food? psssshh, i need food so fast it makes fast food look not fast!"

So i'm hoping to improve that a lot, and so far it's already making my life better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tory98
Panzer

Panzer

Male Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2008-12-06

New years goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New years goals?   New years goals? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:15 pm

Keep this peace I found is my goal. Continue getting my body back to the place I can be healthy and lead a normal life without all the pain. Remain on my meds that keep me from going to jail...... Rather boring goals but important for me.
Back to top Go down
Addy

Addy

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-08-07

New years goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New years goals?   New years goals? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 6:50 pm

One rule I have is I dont set any kind of Goal or resolution that I know I cannot make

My big ones this year are

Getting my Computer Certifications I Need (This being A+ and CCNA)

Be more patient with my stepsons
Be a even better Husband to my Wife
Back to top Go down
Panzer

Panzer

New years goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New years goals?   New years goals? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:27 pm

Sounds like a plan Addy.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

New years goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New years goals?   New years goals? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 11:21 am

I think after reading your guys ideas I am going to make my goal to be kinder to my husband and not fly off the handle so quickly.
what I'd like to really focus on is one of my favorite lessons from Fight Club (one of my top 15 movies and top 25 books of all time) it's this - let that which does not matter truly slide.
I am probably going to pick up some Kava Kava (a natural herb that helps with stress since I can't take St. John's Wort) so hopefully that will help soften my hard edges that sometimes get me writing checks that my butt can't cash.
Back to top Go down
Panzer

Panzer

New years goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New years goals?   New years goals? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:33 pm

kava kava is amazing but I had to take such large amounts of it that it got expensive.....now im just on four doctors meds to keep me tranquilized and civilized.
Back to top Go down
Addy

Addy

New years goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New years goals?   New years goals? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 4:20 pm

I take a B Complex vitamin for stress
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

Male Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2008-02-22

New years goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New years goals?   New years goals? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 5:50 pm

Quote :
I take a B Complex vitamin for stress

i've got a big enough complex as it is.

and about the A+--that's pretty easy stuff once you read through the book, and take apart a computer a few times, good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tory98
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

New years goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New years goals?   New years goals? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 7:44 pm

Thanks for sharing that Kava Kava works - I can't find anyone that I know that took it. Most ppl just shrug their shoulders when I mention it.
I never heard of B complex for stress. As edgy as I am I really need the Kava Kava. I found a place that sells it for a really reasonable price by me. I can't afford another doctor to go to to get me on other pills even though my regular doc keeps telling me
"maybe you need psychotherapy"
sheesh and I only tell him like 1/8 of what's really goin on in my head.

oh and I already flubbed my new years goals. i got really po'ed and a little too upset and did some cutting - whoops.
old habits die hard.
Back to top Go down
Addy

Addy

New years goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New years goals?   New years goals? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 3:40 pm

Its not for stress its to help your body cope with stress I take that and a Men's Multivitamin daily
Back to top Go down
Panzer

Panzer

New years goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New years goals?   New years goals? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 4:12 pm

Im sticking with mine....excercising every morning noon and night, not binge drinking, in fact i am not drinking at all for some reason.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

New years goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New years goals?   New years goals? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 5:13 pm

Ahhh okie dokie Addy now I get it. I take B6, B12 and iron but that's more to keep me from being anemic. And whatever other reason i started taking it I can't recall.

I actually think that my thyroid is wonky because I should like half the classic symptoms of a bad thyroid. Always cold, female issues, foggy memory, tired. I thought some stuff wrong with me was from when I was in hospital but that was over 2 years ago now!

Good job on not drinking and keeping up the exercise Jim - no wonder you're feeling better! Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

Female Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2007-07-16

New years goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New years goals?   New years goals? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 12:08 am

A couple of goals I have in mind.

Praying for my family to get better.
Finish writing a book about Christian Rock and Fellowship
Getting work, either online or offline.
Moving out of my parents' home, a very tough goal indeed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianrockandfellowship.net
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

New years goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New years goals?   New years goals? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 3:13 pm

Good goals Lia - you have a lot higher aspirations than me -LOL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New years goals? Empty
PostSubject: Re: New years goals?   New years goals? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New years goals?
Page 1 of 1