Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Being gothic, and Christian?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
O.H.M.S

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-02-08

Being gothic, and Christian? Empty
PostSubject: Being gothic, and Christian?   Being gothic, and Christian? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:25 pm

Seeing as how thats pretty much what this forum is based on I thought Id start a topic on it. Im not really either at the moment, although I guess I share goths melancholy point of view on the world. So what are your thoughts on being a gothic Christian? Chances are you're already alienated from ordinary society, does it alienate you even more? Especially considering a lot of goths are satanic (walk around with inverted pentagrams, goats heads on etc etc), do you spend the majority of your time alone? What kind of area do you live in? Basically, how do you go about your day to day life as a Christian goth? (In general I hate putting labels on people/things but this forum is designed for Christian goths so ill make an exception here...)
Back to top Go down
Fragile

Fragile

Male Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Being gothic, and Christian?   Being gothic, and Christian? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:34 am

There are christian goth sites on myspace and facebook you can look into, you might also find this article informative. Just click on the featured article; "The World According to Goth."

http://journal.equip.org/issues/the-world-according-to-goth
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
O.H.M.S

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Being gothic, and Christian?   Being gothic, and Christian? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:18 pm

Thanks for the link, good reading...
Back to top Go down
walkinginfaith

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Being gothic, and Christian?   Being gothic, and Christian? Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:53 am

ok hi im new and im a christian and a goth bin a goth since 95 and a christian for 6 years being a christian and a goth in hard sometimes but i know god loves me so what man thinks about me does not matter
Back to top Go down
freedom

Female Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Being gothic, and Christian?   Being gothic, and Christian? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 10:13 pm

well, i am definitly goth, (not that i look it, my parents would kill me) but idk bout the christian part, i was years ago ... but i dont see much point anymore. So, i think it could easily be done, i mean, i have grown up surrounded by christ and the bible and all of that ... (it actually gets REALLY annoying) and so i know more of the technical and "bible study" answers then anyone, and the bible says that god accepts anyone, not just people who do things "right", in fact, he especially loves people who have messed up cuz then he can use them to show others his love or something along those lines. i'm probably completely wrong sinse i know nothing about god's "love" but this is what i think. oh, and i'm glad he has worked out for other people, but i don't see any reason to believe in someone who has never been there for me.
Back to top Go down
walkinginfaith

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Being gothic, and Christian?   Being gothic, and Christian? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 11:17 pm

I'm sorry you feel that way i wish there was something i could say but god has the answers i don't i will pray to him that he shows u his love he love's all of us just as we r
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Being gothic, and Christian?   Being gothic, and Christian? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Being gothic, and Christian?
Page 1 of 1