Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pastor Bob's Blog

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rock4king

rock4king

Male Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2007-05-21

Pastor Bob's Blog Empty
PostSubject: Pastor Bob's Blog   Pastor Bob's Blog Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:16 pm

Pastor Bob has been blogging alot lately and he asked me to post them here for everyone to see. Feel free to comment...enjoy!

Here is the link to his blog: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.ListAll&friendID=45665414
Back to top Go down
http://www.intenseradio.com
rock4king

rock4king

Pastor Bob's Blog Empty
PostSubject: Intimacy- Into Me See   Pastor Bob's Blog Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:18 pm

INTIMACY is a difficult process for all of us. It is much easier to keep things inside. We are afraid if people were to really get to know us, they might not like what they see. We are a society of people "acting" out many of our relationships. And we do the same thing with ourselves – and God!

It is much easier to base your faith on a system of Bible doctrine and discipline. But, what God really had in mind is our INTIMACY with Him. The Bible only points the way to that end.

I have known many "defenders of the faith" in my time. They can argue Scripture with the best of them. They know where they stand, and they know what they believe. But when it comes to real intimate matters of the heart, they avoid them.

I spent a lot of years avoiding real INTIMACY. With my friends. With myself. With God. And it wasn’t until I began to have a deeper relationship with God, that my INTIMACY with myself and others improved. When I realized that my trust in God was solid and secure, it gave me a great foundation to conquer the thing that I feared the most … INTIMACY! I no longer felt afraid of what I would find if I dug too deep into my own heart, or became vulnerable with my friends. As long as I felt that my INTIMACY with God was secure, I could take risks.

Most of all, it gave me an opportunity for some wonderful healing. I am able to see areas of my life that need attention, and have the courage to face them. The price that Christ paid on the cross will always be much greater than any pain I might feel when I uncover those hurtful areas. He understands. He has been there!
Back to top Go down
rock4king

rock4king

Pastor Bob's Blog Empty
PostSubject: Is Oprah the Antichrist?   Pastor Bob's Blog Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:20 pm

Pastor Bob's Blog L_47b7c115741f1478d3e06cfa09fcd343

I have gotten a lot of email chain letters warning me that Oprah is conducting a New Age Class over the Web with millions of people all over the world. "She used to be a Baptist, but no more!" "The new "Church of Oprah." "Oprah is dangerous." "Boycott The Oprah Show." On YouTube, "The Church of Oprah Exposed" video has been viewed almost 3 MILLION times.

I have actually been listening to the podcasts of this new class that she is doing. She talks about being a Baptist. She explains why she still believes in Jesus Christ, but now thinks there are many ways to get to Heaven – or whatever you want to call it. And she believes that all religions are basically teaching the same thing. Her co-host for the series is Eckhart Tolle, who wrote the book, "A New Earth." It is that book that people are using as a basis for this international classroom.

Bottom line? The book is defiantly not a Christian book. Oprah, in my opinion, is confused on some very major doctrinal issues. I also see many Christians, who are also confused, being "enlightened" by Oprah and Eckhart as they share their belief system.

So, how do we (Christians) handle such a dilemma? Many, as I said earlier, have chosen to send hate mail and email warnings. That is as far as 99% of concerned Christians will most likely get. But what should be our responsibility? Shouldn’t we warn everyone?

Let’s talk about Oprah for just a moment. Here is an impressive woman. The most wealthy woman in the world. A Billionaire! She also personally supports so many worthwhile causes around the world.

She probably comes closer than most of us in following Christ’s instructions in Matthew 25:35 ’For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; 36 naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ 37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, ’Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 38 ’And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 39 ’When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 "The King will answer and say to them, ’Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

So, what do we do with Oprah? Write her off as another whacko? Continue to send emails warning everyone about this dangerous monster? I hardly think so.

Personally, I get excited when anyone wants to talk about "spiritual" things. Everyone is looking for truth. The reason that Oprah has arrived at her spiritual conclusions is partially because of the Christian "email warning" mentality. Oprah would have been in such a better place if those same people would have taken the time to spend with her explaining spiritual truths – in a positive forum. But we have that same forum. We ought to jump for joy that people are opening up to spiritual issues. Instead of getting on the defensive, we ought to walk through every one of those doors in a positive, life changing way. Those people are open and ready for truth – spiritual truth! And when they see that truth at work in our lives, they will naturally desire it!

Actually, I am more concerned about our "US VS. THEM" mentality than I am about Oprah’s doctrine. If we continue to propagate these hate bombs "for the sake of the kingdom" we continue to define ourselves as legalistic bigots. When are we honestly going to learn that OUR LIVES are the only Bible that most people are reading. When people see HOPE in someone else, they run to them.

Lord, please let them see hope in me!
Back to top Go down
rock4king

rock4king

Pastor Bob's Blog Empty
PostSubject: The Pew Where I Grew Up   Pastor Bob's Blog Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 7:23 pm

Pastor Bob's Blog L_d234700f0974ebe37312926814c08fe3

Sitting in front of the window in my bedroom is MY pew. That's it in the picture above. It is the one I grew up on. I first became acquainted with it when I was 6 days old. That was the first Sunday I attended Church. It was a small country Church in Broadview Montana – population 150 people. Period.

There was no nursery. I just had to learn to be quiet. I remember as a very young boy eating Cheerios and singing hymns. Yes, Cheerios (breakfast cereal) was the snack-of-choice to keep me quiet and occupied. But as I grew older, I began to enjoy the songs and the message. I felt secure sitting in that pew. It was home – on Sundays. We sat in the same pew every week. It was tradition. Every family in the church had their own pew. We were safe.

It was a wonderful way to grow up. It laid the foundation for my faith. I don't really remember any messages in particular. And I don't think it was the spoken Word that really fed me. Rather, it was just sitting there. Singing. Eating my Cheerios. Feeling at home. Secure.

When I began to grow up, it became more difficult. I played the piano for Church, so I had something that occupied my time. But the Cheerios were gone, and that feeling of security turned to desires for more adventure. I moved away from home the day after my high school graduation.

Even though I had my foundation, I still didn't feel fully connected with God. I no longer felt the security of my little country Church. When I would go back to visit, many of the older people had died – and new people were sitting in our family pew. It wasn't the same.

I started Bible College. They had pews as well. I hated them. I felt confined and force-fed. I felt like a rock musician sitting in a room full of accountants.
It was during this time that the Church I was attending asked me to teach Sunday School. They had JUST the class for me! Jr. High Boys. I found out later, that they had trouble keeping a teacher in the class. It was a difficult group.

I remember walking into the class the first Sunday. It was a small narrow room, about 20 feet long and 8 feet wide. Why do I remember that? Because it was barely large enough for the two 4X8 foot folding tables that were sat up. The walls were bare. There were no windows. I instantly felt caged-in the moment I entered.

As I walked in and sat down, I realized I had a difficult group. They were not happy. They hated Church. They were bored and hostile. I needed to win them over. I looked up at them and said, "Let's go out for breakfast!" Their eyes lit up. I spent what little money I had on hot chocolate and doughnuts. We talked about life, cars, and music. It was wonderful. I felt great about my idea – until we got back to church and were confronted by some angry parents whose permission I neglected to get to take their sons away from the building.

The next Sunday, we sat in that room. It was murder. They hated it. But at least now they were talking. But we still hadn't talked about anything spiritual – and the Church was concerned that I wasn't following the Sunday School booklets that the boys were supposed to be studying from.

I made it a point to drive over to the church during the week. I wanted to scout around and find an alternative room for my class. There were no more rooms available. Then I saw it – a long rope that connected to a pull-down staircase going up to the attic. As I climbed up, I realized this was just what we needed. It was piled with junk and spider webs. It was dark and unpainted. It smelled musty and old. It was PERFECT! I called the guys and asked them to meet me at the church on Saturday. I had a project they were going to love!

They all came. I think they were more curious than anything. When I took them all up the rickety stairs and announced that this was going to be our new Sunday School room, they looked at me like I was from another planet. But then they got excited. They found the paint. They put down some old carpet. It was our "club house!" We spent some wonderful months up in that musty attic. We talked about life. We talked about cars. We talked about music. And we talked about God. We connected.

I remember those days as if they were yesterday, although it has been over 30 years ago. But I am sure many of those young guys (who probably have Jr. High boys themselves now) made their first real connection with God up in that make-shift meeting room.

When my little country church decided to buy new pews several years ago (since the old ones were decades old), I was fortunate to get our old pew. My dad cut it down to room size for me, and actually sent it here to Tennessee for me. When I look over at it, which I am doing right now, it is a wonderful reminder of how important it is to have a "safe" place to find God. It really doesn't matter where it is – a little country church or a musty old attic – or the pub down the street. We all need a group of people to connect with, and a place where we feel comfortable enough to celebrate our faith together.
Back to top Go down

Pastor Bob's Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pastor Bob's Blog   Pastor Bob's Blog Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 12:56 pm

This is a bit off topic, but Pastor Bob is the only man in the world I ever said "I love you" to......... Strange.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pastor Bob's Blog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pastor Bob's Blog   Pastor Bob's Blog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pastor Bob's Blog
Page 1 of 1