Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A horrible day

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

A horrible day Empty
PostSubject: A horrible day   A horrible day Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:53 am

My fifteen year old daughter just informed me that she is Bisexual today.....I am crushed, wounded beyond healing.....its like my life is over.Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

A horrible day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A horrible day   A horrible day Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 7:29 am

This will be crucial for you, Jim - she will watch you carefully for how you treat her, judge her, etc.

It seems to be a popular "thing" among young people to experiment sexually. Exploring your sexuality is actually encouraged in publics schools today and promoted as healthy and normal.

She might be doing this to shock you - who knows the mind of teenagers as they grow and stretch themselves.? Love her, teach her lovingly and gently God's way for her life, and be there for her.

I bet Tonne and Gesuschic would be able to help here - they are constantly surrounded by teenagers who are influenced outside the home with public school. This is where I am inexperienced because of homeschooling. My son had a close knit group of five friends all throughout high school, but they were all strong Christians.
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org
bigjtink

bigjtink

Male Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-05-21

A horrible day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A horrible day   A horrible day Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:24 am

You really have no choice but to love her. Hope its just a phase.
Back to top Go down

A horrible day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A horrible day   A horrible day Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:29 am

Love your daughter and be glad for every day you have with her. Kids do things to get a rise out of their parents; the more your pissed off, the more they do it. If you relax and say it's okay, I'll bet there's at least a 95% chance that will be that.

But if it's not and she really does like ladies, look at the bright side. If she stays away from the boys she won't be making you a grandfather before your ready. Smile

Cheers,

Ian
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

Male Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2008-02-22

A horrible day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A horrible day   A horrible day Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:09 am

That was the most optimistic statement that has ever been, or will ever be made through all of eternity.

i know a couple kids who are on this ick right now, and heard of a few who were....it blew over in 6 months or so.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tory98

A horrible day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A horrible day   A horrible day Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 1:34 pm

I wasn't able to hide my disappointment or my shame, but I didn't get mad, she thought I would.. She said she had these feelings from way back when I had her in the Christian School. But Debbie has always been very quick to jump on the latest fads. We always had an open relationship where we would tell each other anything. But the past few months Ive caught her in lie after lie.
I hope she is just experimenting and simulating what she sees in her SEVENTEEN magazine and from the Evil media that is jammed into the minds of American youth.

I could definitely use prayer for her...and for me to handle this correctly. Sad
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

A horrible day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A horrible day   A horrible day Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:48 pm

We will have you covered always!
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

A horrible day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A horrible day   A horrible day Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 5:57 pm

you and her have my prayers Jim.
I think that you're right about her being negatively influenced by media of all sorts. She is probably getting to that age where she is acting out and personally when I was that age I did what I knew my family would be most p.o.'ed at just to get a rise outta them.
Back to top Go down

A horrible day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A horrible day   A horrible day Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:57 am

I have set things straight. The problem has been fixed. sometimes one needs to just set your foot down and be a dad , not a friend. Problem Eradicated. A horrible day Viking
Back to top Go down
Son_of_Issachar

Son_of_Issachar

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-06-04

A horrible day Empty
PostSubject: Strong Dads   A horrible day Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:36 pm

I am so glad you were "man" enough to be a "Dad" and not a
"Buddy"....Being a Dad is NEVER easy and it does seem like
one thing after another...While I have never have your
particular situation to come up, I have had to deal with a
daughter's rebellion in the same manner as you....No, I did
not like it and I was literally sick from the confrontation, but
it was the right thing to do...otherwise I would be held
accountable to God...Now, if she chooses to rebel, she is
rebelling against God not me.... I told her that while I did
love her, I did not and would not bless/condone her decision,
I had to do what God was holding me accountable for and
now it was "on her" and not me...

Keep your strength...We need "Strong" Dads
Back to top Go down

A horrible day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A horrible day   A horrible day Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 10:04 pm

S.O.I. My friend you hit the nail right on the head. It was the hardest thing in the world for me to have to BE THE DAD and NOT THE FRIEND...her and all of her friends call me the cool dad... I guess because I let her dress and do her hair any color she wants (within the boundaries modesty.) .
I actually see it as I have been shirking my responsibilities as a dad for so long that it makes it more painful when I have to act like a dad and head of the family (im dad and mom both.).
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

A horrible day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A horrible day   A horrible day Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 10:48 am

Good for you Jim. One day (probably years from now though) she'll thank you.
Back to top Go down

A horrible day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A horrible day   A horrible day Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 11:32 am

It was basicly a fad thing, she started hanging out with the fag crowd and wanted to fit in...She thought because she thinks emo boys (with make up and girly clothes) are cute that she must like girls....
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

A horrible day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A horrible day   A horrible day Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 11:45 am

Damn those emo boys!! I'm glad that you and her were able to work through this.
What ever happened to the days when the cool guys were the ones with the sweet cars and tattoos and fake ids that could buy you your cigarettes and beer? I mean I am not THAT old that I should have to talk about the good old days!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A horrible day Empty
PostSubject: Re: A horrible day   A horrible day Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A horrible day
Page 1 of 1