Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rapture: Would anyone notice?

Go down 
+2
LadyRocker
bigjtink
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Rapture: Would anyone notice? Empty
PostSubject: Rapture: Would anyone notice?   Rapture: Would anyone notice? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 3:22 pm

I have an interesting question to ask each of you for your input on: if the rapture were to occur today, would anyone notice?

I'm prompted to ask such a question as I was driving down the road the other day and saw a pair of empty shoes. I was reminded of various depictions of the rapture in popular culture, where millions of people simply disappear, disrupting life worldwide in a major way. I even read the first "Left Behind" book, which had a similar sort of storyline.

However, when I saw the empty boots, I thought about the rapture and the myths surrounding any possible mass exodus of true believers. And I started to think, "Would anyone really notice if the rapture did happen?" And after thinking about it, I concluded that very few people would notice. I've been thinking more and more lately about what it means to be a Christian and to live the life of a Christian. It is a big commitment! I've heard some people say that it is simple: just accept Christ as your savior. But in my opinion, words are cheap. A person can state they've accepted Christ and even delude themselves and others that it is true. But if it's not reflected in their lives, then it didn't really happen.

I've thought about the times I've seen Christ really reflected in people that I've encountered and had relationships with, and I can count on two hands that number. There are really just a select few that profess to be Christians and really live it. And in the end, if a rapture-like event were to occur, the people who would leave would be so few that they might not be missed, or simply explained away. Indeed, their disappearence would probably make many in their "Christian" communities rather pleased!

So what do you think? I'm eager to hear other people's ideas on this subject.

Cheers!

Ian
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rapture: Would anyone notice?   Rapture: Would anyone notice? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 10:37 pm

wow, i never thought of this... I think I would notice the absence of a few people I guess. Durn, I need to think on this a bit. Thanx for the food for thought bro.
Back to top Go down
bigjtink

bigjtink

Male Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Rapture: Would anyone notice?   Rapture: Would anyone notice? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 9:29 am

I think some would be surprised at who left and who stayed. I'm very sorry I dont have the time to get onto the philosophical aspects of the question. (I am on the road to C'stone).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rapture: Would anyone notice?   Rapture: Would anyone notice? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 4:08 pm

There is no rapture, and there is no spoon!
Back to top Go down
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

Female Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Rapture: Would anyone notice?   Rapture: Would anyone notice? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 3:06 am

If there was actually a rapture, I'd be just as surprised as everyone who would stay and who would go, sort of like the Clash. Ok, sorry bad joke. Anyhoo, I'm not into the rapture doctrine, so I don't really have a whole lot to say about it, myself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianrockandfellowship.net

PostSubject: Re: Rapture: Would anyone notice?   Rapture: Would anyone notice? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 5:19 am

What exactly is the Rapture Doctrine? Correct me if I am wrong, isn't that where one second Christians are here and the next minute they are taken away? I want to make sure I answered correctly above.
Back to top Go down
_Wes

_Wes

Male Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Rapture: Would anyone notice?   Rapture: Would anyone notice? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 3:19 pm

Good question Ian.

I tend to think that a lot less folks would be gone. . . than would remain. I'm not certain what the Catholics call the "cafeteria catholics" - or the folks that are just warming the bench - are what they think they are.

Goes into what salvation entails, and then about 'rapture', etc.
Back to top Go down
http://StrangeLand.us

PostSubject: Re: Rapture: Would anyone notice?   Rapture: Would anyone notice? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 5:32 pm

Ive always been taught the rapture was real....im kinda wondering what to believe now.....
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Rapture: Would anyone notice?   Rapture: Would anyone notice? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 1:59 pm

I actually do believe in the rapture and honestly no I don't think most people will notice when it happens. People disappear everyday and the world moves on.
All of us have people that we used to know and haven't seen in years.
I think the number of people who get taken would be so small that it wouldn't even be a blip on the radar.
The only thing that would shake people up (maybe) is all the horrors that are going to befall the world after the rapture. But who knows those might be all written off to global warming, atmospheric shifts etc.
Back to top Go down
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

Female Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Rapture: Would anyone notice?   Rapture: Would anyone notice? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 2:20 pm

I tend to focus more on things that are currently happening, and as I tend to be more post-millenialist, I would say that trouble and tribulation would come before Jesus' final return, and as I see it, Noah had to still go through the flood, Job still had to go through trials, and I could name off a whole lot of people who had to deal with life in general.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianrockandfellowship.net

PostSubject: Re: Rapture: Would anyone notice?   Rapture: Would anyone notice? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 7:26 pm

Or maybe there will be a glorious war with Christians against middle east muslims and jews . The Christians will loose the war and be all slaughtered...thus sending all Christians to heaven and leaving those that don't believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God behind to go through the tribulation....
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

Male Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Rapture: Would anyone notice?   Rapture: Would anyone notice? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 8:19 pm

Quote :
thus sending all Christians to heaven and leaving those that don't believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God behind to go through the tribulation

that was pretty messed up.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tory98

PostSubject: Re: Rapture: Would anyone notice?   Rapture: Would anyone notice? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 11:16 pm

Why was that messed up, that's what the bible says. If you do not believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as your saviour and the son of God you WILL NOT go to heaven. Those that don't believe in Jesus as the son of God will not make it to heaven. it don't matter WHO you are, what color you are, where you came from, what you did, what you own or wear. If you don't believe YOU WILL NOT GO according to the bible.
Back to top Go down
futuristicfolkartist

Male Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Rapture: Would anyone notice?   Rapture: Would anyone notice? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 9:47 pm

well, for one thing, it is not going to happen like in that left behind movie. we will meet him up in the air, with a cloud of witnesses, like the bible says. not "dissapear" in mid air. nowhere does it say that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jamiewoody
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Rapture: Would anyone notice?   Rapture: Would anyone notice? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 12:12 pm

Never saw the left behind movie - I am not into movies really. But I did just get the book. It's like 3rd in line to be read.
But I do believe that when everything does all go down it is going to be a horrible scary time for everyone who is still on earth. I try not to think too much on when it will happen and more focus on preparing my soul so I can be ready whenever it does.
If you look you can see signs but you can see signs in every era, I believe it's going to get a whole lot worse before anything does go down. as they say it's always darkest right before the dawn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rapture: Would anyone notice?   Rapture: Would anyone notice? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rapture: Would anyone notice?
Page 1 of 1