Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .

Go down 
+3
stevie
Addy
LadyRocker
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Empty
PostSubject: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 8:26 pm

. . . is new Metallica! Ah yes, the new song, "The Day That Never Comes," is almost 8 minutes long, with the last 3 minutes nothing but ripping thrash and solos. I've listened to it a number of times already, and am devoting more time today to Metallica research. Good times! Smile

Cheers!

Ian
Back to top Go down
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

Female Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 1:42 am

If it's better than St. Anger, it HAS to be good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianrockandfellowship.net

PostSubject: Re: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:02 am

I lost interest after the Black Album
Back to top Go down
Addy

Addy

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:33 am

Its Metallica's Best IMO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:09 am

If you lost interest, you'd better find it again. This is brilliant; might even bring a tear to your eyes . . .

Cheers,

Ian
Back to top Go down
stevie

Male Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 6:43 am

bounce BRING BACK THE EIGHTIES, MASTER! MASTER! dada da da da da da da da da da da da da da shred shred shred:bounce:
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:02 pm

plz bring back the 80's minus the tight rolled jeans and huge bangs!!

I heard 2 new Metallica songs - they've been givin them decent playage on the radio out here and I must say i am impressed. I mean they really sound good and hard again so that's a good thing.

METALLLLLLLL!!!!! A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . 1963
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

Male Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:41 pm

my apocolypse--OK.

that day never comes--severely lacking.

it's echoing st. wanker with the trashcan drums, and quite frankly makes garage days sound like a work of art.

let's hope they realeased the worst of the songs first.

(geez, i've turned into a critic!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tory98

PostSubject: Re: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 8:11 pm

MetalheaD: I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. I'm at least confused. Perhaps you didn't listen to the right songs, or at least may have listened to them on "trashcan" speakers.

This is real riffage and real metal here. You had best go back to the font for some penance, as the metal gods are about to smite you.

This album is where you might have expected them to go after . . . And Justice if Cliff was still with them. "My Apocalypse" has a whole lot of Kill 'em All in it, and the last 3 minutes of "The Day that Never Comes" is beat your head brilliant. Has a taste of "Fade to Black" and "One" with very pertinent lyrics. This is a Rick Rubin produced album; Rick Rubin does nothing but brilliance.

Quote of the day: "We believe in class, in revolution, and in the death of all manufactured boy-bands."--Chumbawamba

Question of the day: Which "manufactured boy-band" must die first? Smile

Cheers!

Ian
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

PostSubject: Re: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:06 pm

i don't like the song.
and as far as i'm concerned--the metal gods can kiss my natural black bo-hiney, 'cause in my eyes, the gods of metal are 'Death', Cannibal corpse, and others that don't sell out quite as hard...

(the above was but friendly sarcasm, please, let's not start a youtube style aruement.)

haha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:21 pm

Cannibal Corpse didn't sell out?

They appeared in a Jim Carey movie; yeah, that's selling out.

Then again, I probably sold out too. So did the metal gods. And now they are going to smite you . . . not the least of which for not answering my question.

Smile

Cheers,

Ian

PS--In all seriousness, I don't really mind if you don't like Metallica. That's your call. In the end, I'm not really certain you actually listened to the song or are just parroting a Rolling Stone psuedo-intellectual type. Perhaps you just listened to some i-Tunes snippets. I just pity your eardrums listening to Cannibal Corpse and the like. Shocked Shocked Shocked

Wink

You need some Belphegor. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

http://www.myspace.com/belphegor

A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Belphegor_myspace

http://www.belphegor.at/
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

PostSubject: Re: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:25 am

Quote :
I'm not really certain you actually listened to the song

i have my apocolypse on my ipod, and listened the that day never comes a twice in a row for the sak of fair judgement.

answer to the question: plain white t-s.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:49 pm

Someone tell me who hasn't "sold out", so we'll all know! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 3:27 am

all i know is that AMON AMARTH RULES......PERIOD.
A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Th_AmonAmarth-WithOdenOnOurSide2007
Back to top Go down
stevie

Male Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 10:42 pm

cheers sorry to get spiritual on ya guys but IM excited bout BARREN CROSS and LIVING SACRIFICE and BELIEVERS new stuff coming soon....HALALLUJAH!!!

Answer to that question; Milli Vanilli Lol !!
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 11:15 am

Come on Victor you have to at least admit that their new songs are like 100 times better than anything they have put on it years. They are never gonna be as good as they were back in the day but this is a huge huge improvement.

Answer to the question :New Kids on the Block
gag and they are actually trying to do a reunion - horrible flashbacks of bring made fun of because I was the only girl in the grade school who was in love with Axl Rose and Sebastian Bach while all the other girls were in love with that horrible terrible boy band
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

PostSubject: Re: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 2:22 pm

ok, fine...haha
yeah, it is better, but i can't help myself, i HAVE to hate metallica, at least a little bit...i mean honestly, the frontman looks like he got a bad case of lice,st. wanker had a bass drum and a trashcan for percussion, and who the bugger stole that mans bass? 'cause obviously it's not in the music...
Back to top Go down
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

PostSubject: Re: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 10:35 pm

In the 50's, it was Paul Anka and Ricky Nelson. Fortunately, they wrote their own stuff.

In the late 60's, it was the Monkees.

During the 70's, it was the Jackson 5, along with David and Shawn Cassidy as solo teen idols.

In the late 80's, it was New Kids.

In the 90's, it was N'Sync and Backstreet Boys.

What will become the new boyband trend of this decade? Fact is, I don't want to know.

While I was posting this, I forgot the name of the Backstreet Boys. I told one of my friends that I wanted to forget them so bad, that I totally forgot them. Shocked
Back to top Go down
futuristicfolkartist

Male Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 10:49 pm

metallica sucks the big green one...which is much worse than the big blue one!

the old albums, ride the lightning, kill em all, master of puppets...real albums! but, this new stuff, bob segar covers, etc SUCK!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jamiewoody
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

PostSubject: Re: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 10:54 pm

This thread was about Metallica. I almost forgot. I think I got sidetracked by the boybands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 12:25 am

Ive been hiding inside Amon Amarth, Otep, 1000 Maniacs and Leish Nash...Im looking forward to hearing the new Metallica... I wont honestly say quality wise any of their albums sucked....Their choices of how the album sounded DID however suck but that is just my opinion. Everything before the black album to me was Metallica. They still have MEGA talent and enough bucks to play polka music if they wanted to. There still rich.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 5:37 pm

see the great thing about me just listening to music and getting so sidetracked when I'm on YouTube that I forget what I'm looking for is this - I have to judge bands on how they sound and not how they look.
It would just make me way way too upset if i had to be reminded of how many guys that used to be cool cut their hair. Long hair or totally shaved off is the only hairdos I will ever really accept from my metal guys.
the thing about the whole thing is I was never too into them in the first place but I'd much rather have crappy metal than any garbage emo on the radio.
If I hear one more whiny guy that sounds like a girl on the radio I think I may have to pack my bags and more to Norway or Sweeden or somewhere where that crap is banned by law.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 8:48 pm

I agree with your anti EMO statement, Its one thing for a guy to be sensitive, yea its iffy but he might just be a nice guy....but emo.....That sends off pink flashing lights all over the place for me.... For Gods sake little emo boy?, cowboy up and grow a pair and face your problems, because your emo your probably gonna get your butt kicked a few times but deal with it....You will go through puberty soon....ittl be ok. Just stop whining. Laughing
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:00 pm

MetalheaD wrote:
ok, fine...haha
yeah, it is better, but i can't help myself, i HAVE to hate metallica, at least a little bit...i mean honestly, the frontman looks like he got a bad case of lice,st. wanker had a bass drum and a trashcan for percussion, and who the bugger stole that mans bass? 'cause obviously it's not in the music...

Ha ha . . . okay, you're just being silly now, or just trying to rile me up.

This album thrashes.

Cheers,

Ian
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 10:15 pm

Jumping Jehovah Jireh! I've now listened to most of the album; great Caesar's ghost! Rick Rubin should produce every band. First he remakes Johnny Cash, now he makes Metallica brilliant again.

Good times . . .

Ian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .   A Great Reason to Be Alive . . . Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Great Reason to Be Alive . . .
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next