Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Guitar Hero Generation

Go down 
+4
switchbladeknitter
Panzer
stevie
Tonnenator
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tonnenator

Tonnenator

Female Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2007-07-21

The Guitar Hero Generation Empty
PostSubject: The Guitar Hero Generation   The Guitar Hero Generation Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 5:39 am

Has anybody else noticed that all the young kids are into 80's metal now, and yet the Christian music scene isn't capitalizing on that?

Duh............
Back to top Go down
http://www.generationactz.com
stevie

Male Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar Hero Generation   The Guitar Hero Generation Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 9:48 am

Are you referring to the 80s hair metal, cause if you are I agree,bring back the leather pants and bandanas,and of course the cross earrings.

Yes you certainly bring up a very important point to ponder on ,Im all for a revival, bring back the Yellow and Black Attack!!!
Back to top Go down
Panzer

Panzer

Male Number of posts : 219
Registration date : 2008-12-06

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar Hero Generation   The Guitar Hero Generation Icon_minitimeWed Dec 24, 2008 4:19 pm

80s WAS metal wooot......But my guitar had strings not buttons.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar Hero Generation   The Guitar Hero Generation Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 5:45 pm

^^ LOL Jim! My hubby can't stand guitar hero he's like "that's so lame - why don't they just really play"
I'm like "uh cuz it's easier to remember 4 colors than many cords."

I could use a good 80's metal revival though
Back to top Go down
bigjtink

bigjtink

Male Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar Hero Generation   The Guitar Hero Generation Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 6:59 pm

I suck at guitar hero. Cant play it at all. But I can actually play guitar!!!
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

Male Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar Hero Generation   The Guitar Hero Generation Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 8:59 pm

guitar hero sucks.
guitar hero popularizing individual songs without popularizing the bands sucks.
people playing guitar hero and taking it more seriously than an actual insturment sucks.
and so does dragonforce.

my new avatar on the other hand...
lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tory98
Panzer

Panzer

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar Hero Generation   The Guitar Hero Generation Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 9:15 pm

LOVE THE NEW AVITAR Metalhead
Back to top Go down
Addy

Addy

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar Hero Generation   The Guitar Hero Generation Icon_minitimeTue Dec 30, 2008 11:33 am

I have to disagree that its "lame" its a video game, and its exposing a generation that thinks artists like 50 Cent and Akon are the best thing ever when the true greats are being featured on this game. I think its awesome that this game exists I think it will exposure younger people to music that helped paved the way for today's artists It doesnt by any means subsitute real guitar playing but its a hell of a lot cheaper to get guitar hero than to learn to play the guitar. (I for one would love to do both) Though I think it would be cool if there was a Christian Metal version or even a Beatles/Stones version since they did one for Aerosmith why not?
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar Hero Generation   The Guitar Hero Generation Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 9:10 am

Yes, I'm with Addy. Guitar Hero is just plain fun! It's a hoot to watch people play, both suckers and experts, because it brings all ages together to laugh at themselves. It gets real conversations going about music between the generations. Nobody takes it serious (at least here) and it's ALL great fun!

**deleted rest of post***

In fact, I need to make a new post in LIFE for some help...

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar Hero Generation   The Guitar Hero Generation Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 6:24 pm

I gotta stick with Victor and the anti guitar hero crowd.
I mean yeah it's nice ppl are getting introduced to bands they wouldn't have but really -I never had guitar hero and I found out about bands the old fashioned way - word of mouth, checking them out,knew someone who turned me onto them, the radio.
and please I who have 0 musical talent was playing bass on rock band to Don't Fear the Reaper and got a huge huge score.
I kept asking the workers at gamestop if they could let me play the cowbell.
Real musicians rock, people what are good at the band games are really just good gamers. And you can grab your real guitar and play just about anywhere, with the games you can't.
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar Hero Generation   The Guitar Hero Generation Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 12:33 pm

Quote :
people what are good at the band games are really just good gamers

i is good gamer, i gots 4th place on my half life 2 server with 850 people!!

i can't play guitar hero.

haha
Back to top Go down
Panzer

Panzer

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar Hero Generation   The Guitar Hero Generation Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 2:23 pm

I tried playing the song shout at the devil by motley crue and i caught myself going up the neck of the guitar where there was no buttons because on a real guitar thats how its played.......
Back to top Go down
Addy

Addy

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar Hero Generation   The Guitar Hero Generation Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 8:49 am

switchbladeknitter wrote:
I found out about bands the old fashioned way - word of mouth, checking them out,knew someone who turned me onto them, the radio

Thing is now a days the industry has changed and alot of the bands who have no new material dont get much radio play, You'd have to tune to a Classic Rock station or an Oldies depending on the artist and in Murfreesboro TN Ive yet to find a Oldies station, the music industry IMO has become so dilluded with crap. It's a game nothing more and I am not by any means a Gamer but Guitar Hero is one game Id Love to Have
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar Hero Generation   The Guitar Hero Generation Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 11:09 am

i went to a battle of the bands in somerset last night...

May I be damned that my beard wither and fall off at my feet if every other person wasn't an emo or wearing a GH shirt!! geah!!

Even one of the lead singers was wearing a rock-band one!

I grabbed one of the "guitar lesson" flyersand threw it at him while he was on stage.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Addy

Addy

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar Hero Generation   The Guitar Hero Generation Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 11:51 am

You cant subsitute Guitar Hero for the real thing that much I definitly agree on
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar Hero Generation   The Guitar Hero Generation Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 12:42 pm

We still get to hear some really good stations traveling the country. On the east coast you get lots of really good metal/college stations - and when in new york kroc!
some stations in cali play new good hard music.
there's actually a few really good metal station in the midwest one in northern illinois, one in mid indiana called the bear that both play actual metal no commercial emo crap!
and like everyone is on myspace with their bands I know a few ppl that have been introduced to bands that I thought everyone knew about thru someone's myspace.

good job on the 4th place on half life Victor. and LOL at throwing the flyer at the on stage wussie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Guitar Hero Generation   The Guitar Hero Generation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Guitar Hero Generation
Page 1 of 1