Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.

Go down 
+8
zombiewalkin
Gesuschic
OcKen34
rock4king
switchbladeknitter
Rastus
PeacethroughX
Tonnenator
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 8:10 pm

Quote :
other posters do not always {or have never
posted their first name..

At some point, we all have. We all know each other's first names.

I am Marcia.
Bigjtink is John.
MetalViking is Jim.
Switchblade is Di.
Tonnenator is Tonya... and so on.

It's just a first name, and it does brings us a little closer. Send it to Gary in a PM if you want. We've had just a little trouble with spammers who hit us with their "revelations" and then just took off.

We don't bite, honest... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org
Son_of_Issachar

Son_of_Issachar

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:05 pm

Oh, I see...

I understand why you are leery of spammers...

I don't get to post as often as I like and there may
be gaps of time between my postings, but I've enjoyed
my stay so far...

I will try and pm it to rfk...er..Gary soon!
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

Male Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 10:23 pm

MetalheaD=metalhead.
really i dunno how people here got my first name...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tory98
zombiewalkin

zombiewalkin

Male Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 11:17 am

My first name is Dan.

oh and welcome!
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 11:48 am

MetalheaD wrote:
MetalheaD=metalhead.
really i dunno how people here got my first name...

'Cuz you TOLD us, big "V" man!

Razz

I can't remember your old user name, but it was when you first came and introduced yourself!
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org
Rastus

Rastus

PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 3:32 pm

devitio atrum.
oh...i guess i did..but i usually DONT.
'cause im paranoid.

devitio atrum loosely translates to 'the dark christian' in latin.
and it works nicely in RPG's.
which i love.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 12:24 am

PeacethroughX wrote:

My hunger for the Word and a close relationship with God came through a book by Benny Hinn called "Good Morning, Holy Spirit". I did not know who Benny Hinn was - I had heard a little of him - but the book fascinated me.

is he the guy with the accent who has the tv show where you put your hands on the screen and he "feels out" people in need? if so, there was many a night when I was still "bad" when I came across him and would just watch.

as for the revival guy don't get me wrong I'm not down for leading sheep astray or anything like that but maybe by him being so out there he is playing his vital role - making normal believers like us stronger in our faith. maybe? I mean those weirdos you see in major cities walking around screaming about "God is coming to judge all YOU SINNERS!!" (yeah we got a few in Chi-town) aren't exactly sending people running to church and may in fact turn a lot of people off but you have to think that some people are driven to be better, less nutty Christians because of them.

I just have always believed that everything happens for a reason nothing happens by chance or fate and each one of us whatever we do are playing a part in the role God has planned for us.

And Victor I liked your old name- very unique and well thought out. MetalheaD is cool too though -it's right to the point.

SOI - it makes us feel more warm and cozy here when we can call each other by our real names. More personal experience for everyone.

We do get quite a few people who hit and run. I plopped down on the most comfy sofa here and made myself at home.

Last edited by switchbladeknitter on Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more words)
Back to top Go down
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

Female Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 5:12 pm

Don't forget me! This is Lia, by the way. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianrockandfellowship.net
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 6:25 pm

We'd never forget you Lia!!

Hey we were just through Visalia like last week. It was a quick run through. We dropped a trailer at the Jo-Anns Distribution Center off Hwy 99.
Back to top Go down
_Wes

_Wes

Male Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 5:13 pm

And I'm wes. Yeah - original, I know.

Smile

Interesting discussion. . .
Back to top Go down
http://StrangeLand.us
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 12:48 pm

Hi Wes. never would have guessed that was your name Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:56 am

Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:40 am

BAM!!! Shabba labba yadda yadda.

I think Mark has caught on to the fact that the only links I click are YouTube ones.

There's always this sick facination I have with watching those over the top healing type guys. Who touch people and they fall and convulse.
Does anyone know the ratio of people who joined his 'church' and left compared with those who joined and stayed? I mean cuz to me that makes all the difference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 10:58 am

Yea, the ones who stay are still duped.....sheeka, sheeka BAM!
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:27 am

I do have to say at the very least he's interesting to watch.

Like in the movie Seven the killer guy says in this world it takes more to get peoples attention you can't just tap them on the shoulder sometimes you have to hit them with a sledgehammer.
Or maybe that was said by that wierd fairy chick in the Scrooge movie with Bill Murry.
Either way people are so zombiefied by tv and media that sometimes it takes a huge wake up call to get them interested in God.
As long as the majority of people got their wake up call from this guy and left then ok.

Remember this, as it gets closer and closer to the end times Jesus said that there will be many false prophets and teachers that come in His name that are not from Him.
Shakka lakka badda BAM!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 7:41 pm

I lost belief in the touch and fall sindrome when they kept touching me and touching me yelling HABAAAAA. then the guy that was behind me catching the people that fell said just fall back when he touches you, thats how its done.....I walked out and never went back to that kind of church.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 11:25 am

I figured it was scandalous like that. I read something once about how if someone is like looking up and you push them in a certian way it'll make them lose balance no matter what and that's how some of them do it.
i guess asking them to fall might be easier.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2008 2:16 pm

I was watching people fall out left and right, but when the women fell they always straightened out their dress and hair before they hit the floor....Some would twitch around and do that fake toungs crap... I remember when I went to the Tounges classes...they would say pray, now faster , dont think, just pray faster , faster , faster then when you slipped up they said now your talking in tounges.....all garbage. Now if I was in China , God wants a message out, I would speak chinese...the interpreter would be present to tell my english speaking colegues what I was saying....Thaats tounges.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 11:06 am

So in the tongues class did people actually think they were speaking in tongues? or were you on of the only ones who caugh on to the scam? Any other secrets to reveal?
I never knew anyone who went to a touch and fall or tongues type church so this is very intresting for me.

I do know some people who go or went to one of those very joyous stand up and yell Amen! Praise Jesus! type churches.
They said when the spirit moves you you just get up and holler while everyone else is. That I understood, like at a concert sports game or whatever you're into you yell or cheer or join in the chant.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 12:48 pm

yea I can understand if you get happy, SHOUT...but I also dont think the holy spirit would cause you to do something to interupt a message from God , if indeed the message WAS from God.
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 1:48 pm

if someone pushed me down in church (i doubt they'd succeed) i would promptly jump to my feet and punch them.

haha, sorry...but 99% of the time that's just ridiculous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 3:05 pm

Yea it is pretty rediculous.
Back to top Go down
Tonnenator

Tonnenator

Female Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 1:57 pm

However when somebody is truly slain in the Holy Spirit for real, it's God pushing them down and not a person.

I've had it happen to me before (first time I was seven, at church camp) and nobody mortal even touched me.

So, if you were truly slain, you'd have to punch God! LOL

But yes there are people who try to "fake it". I've also had preachers lay their hands on my head and start gently pushing, and that's when in my heart I'm screaming, "Fake! Fake! Fake!" and I REFUSE to fall down, and God doesn't make me.

Also, I know there are people who fake tongues.

But I speak in tongues, when I'm by myself, and it's not fake. And you all might want to be careful mocking it, considering that when you do, you come off as mocking the Holy Spirit and one of His many manifestations.

Also, I go to an Assembly of God church where there is a lot of spiritual maturity. They do speak in tongues but they do not try to force anybody to, nor do they have a class for it. That is messed up that they would have a class.....for any manifestation of the Holy Spirit. That is a spirit of witchcraft.

You guys have to realize that there ARE true manifestations of the Holy Spirit. And just because you personally haven't experienced them, that doesn't make them fake, unless you want to just throw the entire books of Acts and I and II Corinthians out the window.

I spoke in tongues for the first time when I was seven years old, the on the same day that I fell down, at church camp. Nobody touched me, and nobody taught me how to do it. In fact, when it happened, an entire congregation of children fell down and spoke in tongues.

Other that that, that's all I have to say!
Back to top Go down
http://www.generationactz.com

PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 2:29 pm

Nice post Tonnenator....and just for the record....GREAT to see you back again!!!!!. Perhaps I shouldnt limit God at what he CAN do.....If it ever happens to me, I shall quickly believe in it. But I will just say for the time being, it has NOT happened to me.
Back to top Go down
Tonnenator

Tonnenator

Female Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:57 am

Thank you! I appreciate that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.generationactz.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.   The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Lakeland Revival and the Guy With All the Tattoos.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next