Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So Yeah I Lost My Job Today. :-/

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tonnenator

Tonnenator

Female Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2007-07-21

So Yeah I Lost My Job Today.  :-/ Empty
PostSubject: So Yeah I Lost My Job Today. :-/   So Yeah I Lost My Job Today.  :-/ Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 12:00 am

Yeah I thought I'd just plaster my shame publicly for everyone to see. Why not? It kinda makes me feel better in a way.

Oh well.

PetSmart was the hardest, hottest, heaviest job I've ever had in my life. If you can imagine, little ol' fat me building 1,000 pound double pallet orders for 10 hours. Yes, I did lose 22 pounds though.

I loved that job. I cried after I called off today, knowing that - that was it.

But there was no way I could go in and risk my life the way I was going with my physical symptoms of PCOS (if you know what that is, then you know - and if you don't know, then you don't wanna know especially if you're a guy) but anyways yeah I sometimes get lightheaded and dizzy from it, and God forbid I should pass out on a 7,000 pound pallet rider going 20 mph. I would have so been killed.

I will tell you that I've had to have a blood transfusion from this PCOS before, though, years ago. I don't ever want to have to go through that again.

I got hit in the tummy area by some boxes and pallets yesterday, too. It wouldn't be too far fetched to say that perhaps this isn't PCOS but maybe a miscarriage...but I seriously doubt it. I've never had a confirmed miscarriage before.

So, back we go to square one, me looking for a job, the doctors scratching their heads and giving me birth control pills and telling me to go lay down until it stops, and me laying down until it stops, while the bills and the pounds pile up on me once again.

And the State of Ohio doesn't want to give me disability, either, because I called and talked to someone today about that and it doesn't sound good.

So yeah.....

:-/

But I DO know this:

Luke 8:43-48
43 And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any, 44 Came behind him, and touched the border of his garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched. 45 And Jesus said, Who touched me? When all denied, Peter and they that were with him said, Master, the multitude throng thee and press thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? 46 And Jesus said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out of me. 47 And when the woman saw that she was not hid, she came trembling, and falling down before him, she declared unto him before all the people for what cause she had touched him, and how she was healed immediately. 48 And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace.
Back to top Go down
http://www.generationactz.com
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: So Yeah I Lost My Job Today. :-/   So Yeah I Lost My Job Today.  :-/ Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 8:09 am

I am so sorry, Tonne. I know it sounds like the usual, but it's not - my heart and prayers are with you. I know I speak for all of Sanctuary - we are here for you, praying and lifting you before God.

I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org
DRReeves

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: So Yeah I Lost My Job Today. :-/   So Yeah I Lost My Job Today.  :-/ Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 11:59 pm

It just sounds so cliche, but honesty, the Lord will see you through this...and yes, I know you already believe this. Just a reminder. Wink
Few things are as difficult as the employment game, but the God who sees is the same God who provides and He knows your limits.
Doesn't mean that He doesn't entend for you to reach them, only that He knows them and He won't let you go over.
You have our prayers.
Back to top Go down
sirhemlock

sirhemlock

Male Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2007-05-31

PostSubject: Re: So Yeah I Lost My Job Today. :-/   So Yeah I Lost My Job Today.  :-/ Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 11:49 am

Praying for you, Tonne...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sirhemlock1
Anonymou

PostSubject: Re: So Yeah I Lost My Job Today. :-/   So Yeah I Lost My Job Today.  :-/ Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 1:26 pm

Losing a job is horrible . . . I went from making large cash years ago to being blackballed out of an industry. However, in retrospect, things, no matter how bad they get, always seem to find a way of working themselves out. Find something you can do and do it. Life always gets better.

Cheers,

Ian
Back to top Go down
JayMS

JayMS

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: So Yeah I Lost My Job Today. :-/   So Yeah I Lost My Job Today.  :-/ Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2007 2:03 pm

I used to work unloading trucks at Wal Mart so I can relate. WM sells a lot of bottled water, laundry detergent, dog food, and motor oil. What do those items have in common? They are all HEAVY!

Yah, I feel for you. Those aren't easy jobs especially if you have health issues.
Back to top Go down
Tonnenator

Tonnenator

Female Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: So Yeah I Lost My Job Today. :-/   So Yeah I Lost My Job Today.  :-/ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 5:18 am

Ironically, I now work for WalMart.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.generationactz.com

PostSubject: Re: So Yeah I Lost My Job Today. :-/   So Yeah I Lost My Job Today.  :-/ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 8:29 am

Tonnenator wrote:
Ironically, I now work for WalMart.

Shocked

So Yeah I Lost My Job Today.  :-/ Walmart
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Yeah I Lost My Job Today. :-/   So Yeah I Lost My Job Today.  :-/ Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 9:55 am

Not a fan of sam walton. But God I love the wal mart fried chicken.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Yeah I Lost My Job Today. :-/   So Yeah I Lost My Job Today.  :-/ Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 11:59 am

A job is a job but having been a former 3 time Walmart employee i can feel for ya.....

I have worked at 3 diff locations and of the 3 only 1 was a good experiance

I would rather drink poison than work at Walmart again personally.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Yeah I Lost My Job Today. :-/   So Yeah I Lost My Job Today.  :-/ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So Yeah I Lost My Job Today. :-/
Page 1 of 1