Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I'm leaving my church

Go down 
+2
switchbladeknitter
LadyRocker
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

Female Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2007-07-16

I'm leaving my church Empty
PostSubject: I'm leaving my church   I'm leaving my church Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 5:19 pm

I'm not leaving "the Church" in general. I'm just leaving the congregation where I've been for almost 6 years. One reason is the distance and cost of gas. Everyone's feeling the pinch, and that's not much, but it's more than that. Right now, I'm dealing with sin in the church, and I'm not sure how to handle it except to walk away completely. Mom has found a church that is well-spoken of and has a good sense of community. I'm hoping this will be a good church for me.

I WAS going to stay until the end of the month, but it looks like that's not going to happen due to a certain issue of sin in the church. Please pray that I can leave gracefully with my integrity intact.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianrockandfellowship.net
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving my church   I'm leaving my church Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 6:31 pm

Sorry to hear about that. I mean having to leave and all. I guess what our parents always said is true sometimes it's better to just walk away.

I'll pray for you hun. I know that you will find a way to leave gracefully and if they start asking too many questions as to why you're leaving remember what Thumper from Bambi said "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all."
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving my church   I'm leaving my church Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 9:01 pm

I am so sorry you are going through this. You are completely in my prayers for guidance and wisdom. I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving my church   I'm leaving my church Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 8:11 am

I'm leaving my church Comehome
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving my church   I'm leaving my church Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 8:01 pm

I'm leaving my church 21

Way to go, Mark!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving my church   I'm leaving my church Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 8:35 pm

PeacethroughX wrote:
I'm leaving my church 21

Way to go, Mark!

I didn't post that, it was divine intervention! cheers
Back to top Go down
rock4king

rock4king

Male Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving my church   I'm leaving my church Icon_minitimeMon Jun 23, 2008 9:33 am

Make sure you plug in somewhere Lia Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.intenseradio.com
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving my church   I'm leaving my church Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 3:22 am

I think I'm very close to finding a congregation, and I just attended a women's study, so I may be set to roll in a few. Just keep me in constant prayer.
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving my church   I'm leaving my church Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 7:23 am

You got it, sweet girl! I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving my church   I'm leaving my church Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 10:27 am

Every church is perfect and sinless until man walks through the door. There is sin in EVERY church...finding a sinless one is not possible if people are there.
Or maybe I have just always went to the wrong church Shocked
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving my church   I'm leaving my church Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 12:52 pm

True that Jim. While we're here earthbound there will be sin everywhere, all we can do is not let it affect us too deeply.
I really am looking forward to when we can get off the road forever and can try to find a nice church. In our area it'll be a little tough but when the time comes I'm sure we'll work something out.
Until then this is my main church.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving my church   I'm leaving my church Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 12:56 pm

This is the only church I attend .....there is some around me but I know the people that go there, I know what they do when they are not in church....I see them.....I am no better than them , in fact I'm probably worse.....Small little country churches are great but in a closed and ancient community like the one I live in, truth is too easy to see.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving my church   I'm leaving my church Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 2:18 pm

By me there's a lot of Baptist chruches (black and white baptist) a few Lutheran, some Greek Orthadox, I think I've seen one regular Catholic Church but I can't tell. Until we get more settled in the area I'm not gonna bother exploring the options considering we're only in town once every 7 weeks.
I am perfectly happy here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving my church   I'm leaving my church Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 3:40 pm

we have two methodist churches here both country churches pastored by the same man, hes on a circut. actually three churches that he pastors at.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving my church   I'm leaving my church Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 10:30 pm

now that's a little bizarre. How does he even work that schedule out? Does he just write one sermon for all three places?
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

Male Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving my church   I'm leaving my church Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 1:34 pm

my priest does 3 churches as well......one i met did SIX, but he like, alternated every 2 weeks with another one, so i guess that only counts as three, i dunno Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tory98
futuristicfolkartist

Male Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving my church   I'm leaving my church Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 11:00 am

LadyRocker wrote:
One reason is the distance and cost of gas. Everyone's feeling the pinch.

well, god bless america! how can it be the land of opportunity or the land of the free if you cant afford to leave your front porch?!!

i think i am going to change it to "land of the fee". lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jamiewoody
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving my church   I'm leaving my church Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 2:26 pm

Well, honestly, I was going to church in another town, so it's not beneficial to do that. Many other people in that town could just as easily get there to do their part. Right now, I'm just glad to be back in Visalia where I live. Besides that, I've been unemployed with that church for awhile because the budget had to be cut, and they couldn't afford to pay me for my services. I still stayed for 2 years after that happened, so I didn't leave for that reason.

The sin in the church, plus God moving me forward had an awful lot more to do with it. With all this going on, there was no way I could stay. God's plans are much better than ours, and I felt the need to cut loose before more damage would occur.

Well, I officially cut the apron strings last week, then spent the rest of that week at Cornerstone. I am now going to explore the possibilities here where God will take me. Christiian Rock and Fellowship seems to be progressing very well, and it sometimes bothers me when I get more enjoyment from the fellowship of CRF than I do with my own church. That all can change, and I'm ready to make it happen with God's help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving my church   I'm leaving my church Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 7:33 pm

It gives me a good feeling inside when I see people clinging to church for their spiritual needs....I myself dont, but think it would feel very nice if I could find one that I agreed with on beliefs.
But I still feel good seeing others cling to church. For some reason it touches that empty spot inside that I have.
Back to top Go down
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving my church   I'm leaving my church Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 10:24 pm

Well, I have to say that I'm glad I left. I'm not going into great details, but the fur has hit the fan, and my former pastor could be in a lot of serious trouble. He's a very sick man who lives a double-life. He took advantage of his position and caused a lot of hurt...and it has affected my family, greatly.

I still cling to God for strength. He is the only strength I have right at the moment, so continue to pray for me and my family.
Back to top Go down
futuristicfolkartist

Male Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving my church   I'm leaving my church Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 1:01 pm

though i do not agree with "labels", it would be nice to walk into a building with the name of the denomination on the door, and know i will get wholesome teaching at this place.

even some southern baptist churches have become cultic lately. sad situation, and a sign of the end times, because it is writen that some will appostisize from the faith.

the good news, it is a sign that jesus is coming soon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jamiewoody
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm leaving my church   I'm leaving my church Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm leaving my church
Page 1 of 1