Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back

Go down 
+5
switchbladeknitter
stevie
Rastus
bigjtink
rock4king
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rock4king

rock4king

Male Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Empty
PostSubject: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 6:45 pm

This is pretty good, talk amongst yourselves...Smile

PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back L_1fadaecb6a8515f28ec0de2fbb9b1fa1

Here is a SERIOUS question for those of you who call yourselves "Christians"

WHY ARE YOU A CHRISTIAN? Honestly. Why? What is it about Christianity that is attractive to you?

After my last blog (An Open Letter To Gay Christians), I realized that so many people seem to miss the whole purpose of their faith – as well as the whole point of the blog! Let me explain …

Here are the conclusions I would draw if I hadn't been around the Christian faith all of my life. In fact, they seem to be the conclusions many had:

Some people become Christians to adopt a cause to live their lives by. We all need a code, something to live our lives by. Some people join the boys scouts, others join service clubs. Some join a church. But for so many, simply adopting a "religion" is as far as they ever get. Just because you belong to a Church, doesn't mean that you are a Christian – just like standing in a garage doesn't mean you're a car!

Some people become Christians to justify their hate and judgment. These people have a strong disposition to find something wrong with everyone else, and sadly, as a Christian, begin the process of condemning everyone around them according to their particular interpretation of the Bible. What they fail to understand is that you can never receive the truth of the Bible unless you read it without your personal agenda. The Bible is all about CHANGING our lives, not justifying our hatred and judgment.

Some people become Christians to justify their prejudices. That is nothing new. A quick history of the Christian church through the ages will prove this to be true. Race, skin color, church denomination, gender, and recently, sexual preference have all been on the list of intolerance. Although the Bible has many things to say about these issues, it NEVER advocates hate and condemnation.

All of those above have missed the point!

It isn't about choosing the correct "religion."
It isn't about judgment and condemnation.

It is ALL about accepting and living in Christ's unconditional love.

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. Romans 8:1-3

Some people become Christians because they are in need of forgiveness. Their hearts desire is to live a life filled with the unconditional love of Jesus Christ. They realize they have been forgiven of much – and extend that same forgiveness and grace to others around them.

The real test is not how we love each other. Many Christians haven't done a very good job of that either. But it is fairly easy to love the lovable. The real test is how we love those who are not easy to love. Those who are different than we are. Those who make us uncomfortable. Those people who push our buttons.

The Bible tells us that "they will know we are Christians by our love." The way we love God. The way we love each other. The way we love ourselves.

What is written in the Law?" Jesus replied. "How do you read it?" He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" "You have answered correctly," Jesus replied. "Do this and you will live." Luke 10:26-28

You see, this is the very reason most of the world defines us as a religion rather than those who are "Christ-like." They make conclusions based on what they see and experience.

Our greatest desire should be that people see us as representatives of Christ's unconditional love. Period. Everything else is simply not as important.

None of us are able to change anything apart from the love of God directed toward us through his power - making us new creations. Anything else is simply agenda on our part.

Are sinners going to Heaven? NO!

That is the whole reason Jesus died on the cross. When you become a Christian, God begins to fine-tune your life. The process, the speed, and the order in which he takes you, is up to him - not you and I. That's why we cannot be a judge of anyone's process. It is also the reason that Jesus asked those who were about to condemn the woman caught in adultery to "cast the first stone."

Are you changed, all at once, when you become a Christian? YES! At least in Gods eyes you are. He removed your sin from damning you for eternity.

Remember. "There is now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus."

My position in my Christian life is unconditional love and forgiveness. But the reality of my daily life here on earth is another story. Again – it's the reason Christ died on the Cross. His power continues to be made perfect IN MY WEAKNESS!

What kind of weaknesses? ALL OF THEM! That's the point.

My hearts prayer is that those in and outside the church see Christians as unconditionally loving, accepting others without conditions, and in the process of personal healing - truly experiencing the joy of the Lord.
Back to top Go down
http://www.intenseradio.com
bigjtink

bigjtink

Male Number of posts : 287

PostSubject: Re: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 7:42 pm

Bam, works for me. Could not have said it better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 10:24 pm

Good stuff.

Cheers,

Ian
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

Male Number of posts : 876
Registration date : 2008-02-22

PostSubject: Re: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:05 am

i disagree with much of what this man has to say.

however, he has valid points on many things.
*salutes*

lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tory98
rock4king

rock4king

PostSubject: Re: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:06 pm

MetalheaD wrote:
i disagree with much of what this man has to say.

Like what young buck?
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

PostSubject: Re: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:35 pm

Quote :
Are sinners going to Heaven? NO!

yes, yes we are, we're all sinners and will be until we shed this body...it's just who we are.

there are other things, but if i go much further we enter in to a cross-denominational arguement.
not cool. =)
Back to top Go down
rock4king

rock4king

PostSubject: Re: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 3:51 pm

So, sinners are going to Heaven?
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

PostSubject: Re: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:45 pm

Quote :
So, sinners are going to Heaven?

i'm relaxing with my brotha over here man, i haven't the time nor the desire for this sort of talk.

i like PB's blogs, i think he's a smart guy very close to God even. but i still have the right to disagree with him on some issues...i'm sure he'd agree with me.
Back to top Go down
rock4king

rock4king

PostSubject: Re: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:58 pm

You are free to disagree with anyone, I am just curious in your beliefs. Not trying to pick a fight....just a discussion. I believe Jesus died for our sins, so we didnt have to, but I'm fairly confident there are no sinners in heaven, because our sins are covered by the Blood of Jesus. God sees us as saints because of Jesus. We still sin but are not sinners...if that makes any sense.
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

PostSubject: Re: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 9:03 pm

sin in heaven? no.

that's what purgatory is for--we're cleansed of our impurities...but those besides me dont believe in that, so yeah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:39 pm

Purgatory is empty
Back to top Go down
Rastus

Rastus

PostSubject: Re: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 1:16 am

Quote :
Purgatory is empty

my head is empty--that place is full of people that need help.
Back to top Go down
stevie

Male Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 8:29 am

Rock4king, Im with ya on that one , man made doctrine has never done it for me, but everything that ya said lines up with GODS WORD and I dare not disagree with what GODS WORD says. 1 John 5:10
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 12:11 pm

I actually like the idea of a purgatory. I mean I was raised Catholic and all.
Picture this, you live a good life according to God's word and one day you're driving along and some guy talking on a cell phone cuts you off, you call him a few 4 letter words and have a little thought of smacking him in the face and then he slams on the brakes you overreact lose control of your car crash and die.
Well didn't you technically commit a huge sin before you died and didn't you technically die before you asked forgiveness of the sin?
Purgatory was one of those things I was iffy on when I was younger, like when they used to teach that un baptised babies go to purgatory.
But if God really loves us like we know he does don't you think he might just give you one final chance?
I know I always talk about the book Memnoch the Devil but I have to again. What can anyone ever learn if they go right to hell and into suffering? And after awhile of all the torture and suffering in hell I think that you would be more focused on the misery not what you did to get there.
I like thinking that there is a purgatory. Which I always kinda though of as judgements waiting room.
Sometimes I can hear all those years of Catholic upbringing calling me back. Except for the praying to saints thing which I still kinda think borders on idolatry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 3:49 pm

we are forgiven for every sin we commit....not a credit card to sin, but God knows when we are sorry after salvation
Back to top Go down
stevie

Male Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-08-20

PostSubject: Re: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 5:32 am

Amen man, I always remember there was the guy being hanged blespheming Jesus, saying 'If You are the Christ,save Yourself and us.' But the other, answering, rebuked him,saying,'Do you not fear God,seeing you are under the same condemnation?''And we indeed justly,for we recieve the due reward of our deeds;but this Man has done nothing wrong.' Then he said to Jesus,'Lord remember me when You come into your kingdom.'And Jesus said to him,'Assuredly, I say to you,today you will be with Me in Paradise' Luke 23:39-43.

Hebrews 9:27.......And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgement....
Back to top Go down
futuristicfolkartist

Male Number of posts : 114
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 12:49 pm

(i say this, realizing the sin and weakness in my own life):

the bible DOES tell us to judge people.

read 1 corinthians5:3 paul rebuked the sexual immorality of on who fellowshipped with the corinthians, was PROUD of is sin, not "struggling" with it. in this verse, he told them he has passed judgment on him!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jamiewoody
LadyRocker

LadyRocker

Female Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2007-07-16

PostSubject: Re: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 12:01 pm

I think a happy medium is in order on all counts.

We can't live our lives being so legalistic we miss those who truly struggling with sin. However, we can't be so tolerant that we lose sight of sin, altogether. I see it all the time in Paltalk: one extreme or the other. There's never a happy medium where Christ is concerned. And now, because of the high tolerance for everything, most so-called Christians are turning to a legalistic form of Judaism. Though they acknowledge Jesus (or Yeshua), they tend to cling to Moses' Law because they feel people in general are lawless, and that Paul's letters encourage lawlessness.

I know that is not your intention, Pastor Bob, and I see your heart, but your intentions may cause some problems. Everyone always has good intentions, myself included. I'm still learning a little about compassion, but I'm getting better at it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.christianrockandfellowship.net
futuristicfolkartist

PostSubject: Re: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:19 pm

pastor bob is a very wise man. the "to gay christians" was confusing by nature, but i could understand the tone of it, for the most part.

this blog, is something everyone who has been a christian for awhile should ask him/herself i think.

imagine how many wars there have been in the name of god! crucades, inquisitions, fighting in belfast (sunday bloody sunday!), etc.

emperor constantine was a classic example. constantine was NOT a christian at all! he adapted christianity, because he wanted a unified kingdom. the positive was not as many christians were tortured to the extent they were before. the negative was his ulterior motives to control the masses. also, rome was in the church! and the church became corrupt, and doctrine became false. the ones who were pursecuted at this point, were pursecuted by "christians", and the ones who were pursecuted WERE the real christians!
Back to top Go down
futuristicfolkartist

PostSubject: Re: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:25 pm

lady rocker, i can understand you view. however, i see the scope of pastor bob's audience in this blog to modify the meaning a little. if he was addressing individuals, "gertrude, why did you become a christain to begin with? i think you just want to be popular!", that would be different, and may even be a sinful motive behind it.

but, as a rhetorical question to a mass of people, it could be, and i believe is a very valid question.
Back to top Go down
switchbladeknitter

switchbladeknitter

Female Number of posts : 804
Registration date : 2007-11-13

PostSubject: Re: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 12:39 pm

The thing is like there are a lot of people who I think may be bandwagon Christians like I see tons of Christian emblems stickers vinyls and whatnot on peoples cars but you have to wonder who's in it because it's kinda underground hip and who's in it because they really believe.
I was raised Catholic and was just in it because it was expected of me. There's this old joke about the after a Cathloic person has their Confirmation they dont come back to church except to be married and for their funeral.
I had to go far far away from God before I realized how much I wanted and needed Him in my life.
I just think that there are a lot of people who consider themselves religious "just because".
I struggle daily with the flesh/spirit. Sometimes I have to take a minute and regroup and think things out. Being that I was so out of religious life sometimes I have to step back and remind myself why I came back to God and ignore that little devil (or little red Di as I call her) on my shoulder that tells me to do all those bad things.
The angel on my other shoulder (little white Di) always has ideas that while not always as much fun or what everyone else is doing are always the right idea.
Not like I always listed to little white Di but I am far far better at ignoring little red Di.

I will be the first to admit that I am not always a good example true believer should be, but I keep trying. My faith grows stronger everday (thanks in part to all the uplife I get here) and I know, know that we are imperfect beings and that only when (if?) we finally get to heaven only then will we be sinless.
Back to top Go down
Tonnenator

Tonnenator

Female Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 11:47 am

Side Note: My friend Missy just did my family history and found that I'm related to Emperor Constantine on my mom's side.

What about another reason people become Christians, Pastor Bob? Fire insurance! lol They get saved because they don't want to go to hell!

I got saved out of desperation because it was pretty much either that, or die. It was that cut and dry of a situation. Either God was going to accept me and reveal Himself to me, or I was going to lay down in the middle of Gender Road and wait for a truck to hit me. And thank you, "Rod Rod" (Parsley), for leading me to the Lord. No matter how much people might gripe about him, he'll always be Rod Rod to me, because back in the 70's when he was friends with my brother, he was a teenager, and he was Rod Rod, and he had an afro and would come over for dinner and scoop me up and carry me around, and then eat spaghetti with us.

Recently we went to his church (World Harvest) to see the Master's Welcome, and I saw a SEA of people accept Christ as their Savior. They had to fill up two gymnasiums with all the new converts.

But as for backstabbing, people LOVE....to stab Rod Parsley in the back!

But out of gratitude for him helping to lead my silly butt to the Lord, I never will.
Back to top Go down
http://www.generationactz.com

PostSubject: Re: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 2:07 pm

I don't believe Rod has been stabbed in the back, people have been up front and shown him for what he is; a load mouthed wind bag and a false teacher! Twisted Evil

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTKCBKQo7A0&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Tonnenator

Tonnenator

Female Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2007-07-21

PostSubject: Re: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:00 pm

Yes, isn't it fun to point the finger, Changeling.

Because the more finger pointing you do, the more you focus everyone's attention away from YOUR problems.

And the more finger pointing you do...........

......the less time you have to look in the mirror. jocolor

Convenient.
Back to top Go down
http://www.generationactz.com
Rastus

Rastus

PostSubject: Re: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 12:32 am

good lord...

tonne, that's like, 4 times in one night you've thrashed changeling. (in a roundabout way)

let it go, it's clear to him how he can get on your nerves. he's playing the devil's advocate and as long as he's bugging you he'll keep it up.

(i know, i do it to ppl all the time!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back   PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PB's Blog- Please Stand Still…While I Stab You In The Back
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next