Sanctuary International
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sanctuary International

Sanctuary International and Intense Radio Online Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?

Go down 
+2
DRReeves
Tonnenator
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tonnenator

Tonnenator

Female Number of posts : 482
Registration date : 2007-07-21

Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Empty
PostSubject: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 1:59 am

I know how I feel about this.

I want to hear what the admins have to say.

I'm all ears.
Back to top Go down
http://www.generationactz.com
DRReeves

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 3:08 am

You can be a Celtic Christian, embrace the more mystic aspects of the faith, have more holistic approach, consider all of creation to be an important part of God's plan.
But as for the "understanding" that nature is itself divine, naw, I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
rock4king

rock4king

Male Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2007 12:15 pm

Is there a reason you are asking this Tonya?
Back to top Go down
http://www.intenseradio.com
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

Female Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2007-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 9:58 pm

From my understanding of what paganism is, and what being wiccan entails, I'm with David - it can't be done.

Christianity has many deeply supernatural or metaphysical elements to it, but it gives ALL honor and glory ONLY to God the Father, through Jesus, His One and Only Son. While we should respect and care for deeply what God has given us dominion over, it is not to be worshipped in place of, nor made equal to Him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.achurchforthecity.org

PostSubject: Re: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 10:26 pm

If one is to take the bible as truth, it says suffer not a witch to live......Me, I could care less either way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 11:15 pm

Metalvikng wrote:
If one is to take the bible as truth, it says suffer not a witch to live......Me, I could care less either way.

Come and get me! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 12:57 pm

I mirror MVs sentiments

I had a former roomie who was a Christian who turned Pagan/Wiccan and he started talkin about weird stuff like projecting himself into dreams, and other crazy stuff, I could go on and on

My general consenus is No you can't and if you think you can then you're being decieved
Back to top Go down
Tonnenator

Tonnenator

PostSubject: Re: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 2:46 pm

Changeling I kinda figured you were. And just so you know (and don't think Christians are out to get you or something), the place where it says that in the Bible was in the Old Testament, and it was for the children of Israel who were wandering in the desert. God had given them mad amounts of rules to live by, for the obvious reason that He wanted them to remain pure and be safe, physically, mentally and spiritually. They were wandering in the desert, so there wasn't a lot of room for anything that could cause division, arguments or disease. Like I tell the kids at bible study, everybody say, "Old law....New law!" Jesus came to perfect the Old Law in the Old Testament, not to do away with it, however what that means is that now we're covered by grace and people don't have to be stoned for things they do wrong like they used to do under the Old Law of the Bible, because Jesus died on the cross and rose from the grave once and for all for us, which paid for all our sins.

The reason I asked this question is because I'm running into a lot of kids and young adults who think you can be a Wiccan or a pagan and be a Christian at the same time. Obviously they don't know what it really means to be a Christian. I have also read some posts here and on other boards that led me to believe that either some people here at Sanctuary were pagans, witches or whatever you wanna call it. Apparently I was right.

There seems to be an awful lot of permissiveness lately among Christians for things and situations that shouldn't be accepted in their lives. I'm sure this is as old as the beginning of time, but I'm noticing it more among Christians I've met in the past year or so.

It bugs me, that we should as believers in Christ still embrace a lot of the stuff that Paul begged us to avoid, and that's pretty much why I raised the issue.

Maybe that's one of the reasons people are turning away from Christianity is because so many of us don't even live by the Bible we say we believe in?
Back to top Go down
rock4king

rock4king

Male Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2007-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 8:25 pm

Quote :
I have also read some posts here and on other boards that led me to believe that either some people here at Sanctuary were pagans, witches or whatever you wanna call it. Apparently I was right.

What makes you believe this Tonya?
Back to top Go down
http://www.intenseradio.com
Tonnenator

Tonnenator

PostSubject: Re: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 6:25 am

Man this is hard to answer. I'll have to pray about what to say at this point, if anything. One thing I'm glad about is that people who aren't Christians are coming here now. But alongside loving them we have to be careful not to sympathize with their views too much, to the point of not sharing the truth. That's about it for now, I think. :-)
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

PostSubject: Re: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 8:56 am

Tonnenator wrote:
Man this is hard to answer. I'll have to pray about what to say at this point, if anything. One thing I'm glad about is that people who aren't Christians are coming here now. But alongside loving them we have to be careful not to sympathize with their views too much, to the point of not sharing the truth. That's about it for now, I think. :-)

Two of the non-Christians who frequent this board a lot have had the truth shared with them quite a few times, through many, many conversations and threads on this board and the Warpath board. Both have rejected it.

So we love them right where they are. Allowing them the freedom to disagree with us does not constitute sympathy. As we have told anyone and everyone who comes here (and it's right on our home page) ALL are welcome, and then in capital letters... BE RESPECTFUL.

That applies to us as well - especially to us, by your own words in fact.... we MUST set the example of respect and acceptance, with Christ's love. Not acceptance of their beliefs, but acceptance of THEM. This way if someone chooses to walk away from our board, it is NOT because they felt constantly beaten down with how wrong, wrong, wrong their beliefs are or how stupid they are for believing a certain way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 9:34 am

PeacethroughX wrote:
Tonnenator wrote:

Two of the non-Christians who frequent this board a lot have had the "truth" shared with them quite a few times, through many, many conversations and threads on this board and the Warpath board. Both have rejected it.

So we love them right where they are. Allowing them the freedom to disagree with us does not constitute sympathy. As we have told anyone and everyone who comes here (and it's right on our home page) ALL are welcome, and then in capital letters... BE RESPECTFUL.

That applies to us as well - especially to us, by your own words in fact.... we MUST set the example of respect and acceptance, with Christ's love. Not acceptance of their beliefs, but acceptance of THEM. This way if someone chooses to walk away from our board, it is NOT because they felt constantly beaten down with how wrong, wrong, wrong their beliefs are or how stupid they are for believing a certain way.

What you believe to be the "truth".
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

PostSubject: Re: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 10:14 am

That's exactly why I put it in quotes, Mark. I
absolutely believe the Bible to be truth, and I recognize others do not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 10:47 am

Actually, it was I who put in quotes for you, now don't go back and edit! Laughing
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

PostSubject: Re: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 1:42 pm

Mark... darling.... are you telling me you edited my post?

Look at my original post... and the time stamp... you're saying you put the quotes around the word truth there?

Very Happy Hmmmmm......
Back to top Go down
DRReeves

PostSubject: Re: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 3:01 pm

Hummmm, maybe it's time to be clearer.
No. You can not be a "real" pagan and be "real" Christian at the same time. I know a little bit about this. Wink
When your BOS is thick enough we can discuss the matter.

PS. The Truth is The Truth. Every one of us is free to believe whatever we choose. And in this country we are more or less free to share our opinions on that. However, the truth remains forever true apart from the acceptance of any man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 5:39 pm

This is Dave's opinion, he believe's he has "the truth", but he, nor anyone of you, can not prove this to be true.
Back to top Go down
DRReeves

PostSubject: Re: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 10:39 pm

I believe the "Truth" has me Mark.
There's a difference. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 11:48 pm

People seem to forget that thing called FAITH at least IMO, wether you believe in God or Allah or The Great Twinkee most beliefs require FAITH
Back to top Go down
DRReeves

PostSubject: Re: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 12:53 am

If I believe that I am a twinkee, 12 foot tall and golden, my faith is misplaced and I am merely insane.
If I believe that AmWay can make me a wealthy man and I spend my life pursuing the "riches to be had" I may work hard day and night, and lacking the proper skills, come to a sad, pittiful end. Sad
But if I believe what is true and place all my faith in that, great things will happen, whether or not they are recognized by men.
As this world sees it Jesus died with nothing to show for it.
Most of the disciples died just the same.
Yet here we are a couple of millenium later and there are people all around the world who claim to "know" him! Talk with him! Walk with him! Receiving counsel and love from him.
Others might say we are delussional. But I say my faith is in the one true living God.
Either I am deeply delusional, or I have met this Jesus and he is alive.
Back to top Go down
Tonnenator

Tonnenator

PostSubject: Re: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 2:42 am

DRReeves wrote:

If I believe that AmWay can make me a wealthy man and I spend my life pursuing the "riches to be had" I may work hard day and night, and lacking the proper skills, come to a sad, pittiful end. Sad

LOL! Amway...

It's called Quickstar now! Didn't you know? LOL been there done that. You pay $100 for the kit, then you pay more $$$ to go to a conference where they do a whole lot of this:

alien cheers alien cheers alien cheers alien cheers

LOLOLOL!!!!!!!

Just draw the circles, dude. Just draw the circles. That's all you've got to do. Work the plan, and it will work for you.

albino Derrrrr.....
Back to top Go down
PeacethroughX

PeacethroughX

PostSubject: Re: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 8:27 am

DRReeves wrote:
But if I believe what is true and place all my faith in that, great things will happen, whether or not they are recognized by men.
As this world sees it Jesus died with nothing to show for it.
Most of the disciples died just the same.
Yet here we are a couple of millenium later and there are people all around the world who claim to "know" him! Talk with him! Walk with him! Receiving counsel and love from him.
Others might say we are delusional. But I say my faith is in the one true living God.

This is it... this is what it's all about. GREAT words!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 11:21 am

I used the Big Twinkee as an absurd example and my post was originally in response the changeling's post asking for proof but DDR I couldnt agree with ya more man very good post
Back to top Go down
Billion Dollar Baby07

Billion Dollar Baby07

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 2:39 pm

I will agree with DDR (and others) who say that you can not be a "real" pagan or witch and be a Christian..No argument AT ALL!!

However, I have sort of a side issue...Can/Should a Christian
be a "ghost hunter"...Not talking about the ouija board/seance schtick...I know better than that...but more of the investigate to debunk hauntings ala Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi...

What is a ghost? I have had fellow church members tell me that "ghosts" {if the event/evidence can not be explained away through natural occurences} were demonic manifestations...

I do not quite believe THAT, but I am not sure what I believe..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 4:44 pm

I am definatly no expert at any of this. But I believe ghosts are separate beings from demons. It is not a question that we have an inner man, or spirit....why or what is to say that it cannot at times be seen?
But this is just my oppinion. Not an educated guess or fact.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?   Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can you be a christian and a pagan or wiccan, both?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next